Tena active underwear, yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slomo said:
I've always had to scratch my head when someone says pullups are easier to change than tabbed style diapers. Sure they pull apart and are easy to take off, but you still have to remove your shoes and pants to put a new one one. Duh.
Yeah, the only thing I could think with pullups is as a one-shot deal where you either wear underwear over top (so pullup off-->clean up-->no protection anymore but at least not going commando), or plan to change into a tabbed diaper after the pullup is used. Both scenarios might make some sense for certain types of incontinence.

irnub said:
Yeah, the only thing I could think with pullups is as a one-shot deal where you either wear underwear over top (so pullup off-->clean up-->no protection anymore but at least not going commando), or plan to change into a tabbed diaper after the pullup is used. Both scenarios might make some sense for certain types of incontinence.

kind of always wondered why they never made a better variant of belted undergarments, granted those tabbless briefs were close.

rennecfox said:
kind of always wondered why they never made a better variant of belted undergarments, granted those tabbless briefs were close.
Maybe people thought it was too complex? I remember depends belted shields you had to buy the "belt" part separately. If people get confused about how to work a double tape system, having a diaper that's made up of two separate components would probably make their head explode from the effort of trying to figure that one out.

irnub said:
Maybe people thought it was too complex? I remember depends belted shields you had to buy the "belt" part separately. If people get confused about how to work a double tape system, having a diaper that's made up of two separate components would probably make their head explode from the effort of trying to figure that one out.

possibly, cost seems to be king though so my thought would be component cost

Slomo said:
This makes a lot of sense. I've always had to scratch my head when someone says pullups are easier to change than tabbed style diapers.

Well the pants still have to come off, but you don't have to spend time messing with getting the tapes on, you just "pull up" and done. This is especially helpful for the handicapped (CP in particular) where physical coordination is compromised. Or when changing in a small stall.

LonelyFOX said:
I have overactive bladder issues and I want to know which types of men's briefs are you talking about.
Because would be better a pad inside of the pants and I could throw it easier than taking off sneakers and pants.

Regular standard run of the mill underwear, the brief style cut (i.e. Not boxers)

They will keep the pull up from sagging.

I've been trying to stay active as the tena product says. At the beginning I saw the blue package of Tena active underwear with an orange strip on them and a pair of runners printed on it.
They feel so cottony but they deformed when wet, all the pee running towards the center of my tena underwear and I feel like it's gonna fall on the floor.
Then I tried the always discreet underwear but they produced a lavender fragrance when wet and they don't bunch up as the tena.
The other option is to use a booster pad inside of the always discreet underwear or to try a pair of depend silhouette with a pad inside of it but I don't like the peach color!.

LonelyFOX said:
I've been trying to stay active as the tena product says. At the beginning I saw the blue package of Tena active underwear with an orange strip on them and a pair of runners printed on it.
They feel so cottony but they deformed when wet, all the pee running towards the center of my tena underwear and I feel like it's gonna fall on the floor.
Then I tried the always discreet underwear but they produced a lavender fragrance when wet and they don't bunch up as the tena.
The other option is to use a booster pad inside of the always discreet underwear or to try a pair of depend silhouette with a pad inside of it but I don't like the peach color!.

Depends make a men's version of the Silhouette called Fit-Flex.

I run about 15 mi / wk. I use the Tena Ultra Stretch. They've worked well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried to find those and it's kind of hard because there are sizes large and extra large, also I'm sharing accommodation with a lady who has pelvic floor issues and when she order she gets discount prices by her medical care and it's most easier for her because she says that they're for her, for her mom and her aunt.
That's why I am using women's products unfortunately >\\\\\< (at night I sleep on always discreet underwear, during the day I use depend silhouette and the tena active underwear when I go out for long walks and jogging).
I could buy pads and try those inside of the depends silhouette active fit.

bambinod said:
Get a tight fitting onesie. The best form-fitting one I've found is XP Medical's "body suit" onesie. It's a tank-top that comes down to a bikini bottom with snaps. Order on the large side, they fit a bit small with a diaper on. But to that end they work great to hold up a wet diaper. Only wash warm/hot if you want it to shrink.

I went searching for this at XP and took a while to find. They are called "bodystockings" if you go looking.

I don't like to wear an onesie!, first I don't have my favorite regular underwear anymore and I still feel sad waking up on wet always discreet underwear or tena active underwear wet. I was dreaming about rollerblading and I was wearing my Reebok favorite underwear. Still I open the drawer which is empty believing that there's normal underwear and I realize that there's only packages of depend silhouette, always discreet underwear and tena.
With an onesie on me I couldn't bend or jogging when active.

LonelyFOX said:
I don't like to wear an onesie!, first I don't have my favorite regular underwear anymore and I still feel sad waking up on wet always discreet underwear or tena active underwear wet. I was dreaming about rollerblading and I was wearing my Reebok favorite underwear. Still I open the drawer which is empty believing that there's normal underwear and I realize that there's only packages of depend silhouette, always discreet underwear and tena.

There are much things worse then wearing adult diapers in life.

But I still feel kind of stigmatized, lifestyle changes like looking for baby creams and wipes for avoiding rashes when jogging when wearing a wet pull up.
Just I want to know how abena pants would work on me.
I feel weird waking up in a wet pull up, yuck!, then I need to take a shower every morning and talking a new pull on.
(Damn bladder!)

LonelyFOX said:
I don't think so:
https://youtu.be/mvCN3giU27g
Also the Tena underwear for men are too big for me!.

No, really. People don't notice that you're wearing a diaper unless.. A: they are looking for it. or B: you are showing it by accident or on purpose.

Your paranoia doesn't trump real life situations.

LonelyFOX said:
I've tried to find those and it's kind of hard because there are sizes large and extra large, also I'm sharing accommodation with a lady who has pelvic floor issues and when she order she gets discount prices by her medical care and it's most easier for her because she says that they're for her, for her mom and her aunt.
That's why I am using women's products unfortunately >\\\\\< (at night I sleep on always discreet underwear, during the day I use depend silhouette and the tena active underwear when I go out for long walks and jogging).
I could buy pads and try those inside of the depends silhouette active fit.

See if she is able to order some gender neutral products for you instead on her discount.

LonelyFOX said:

That's why I've suggested using regular men's briefs over the pull-up, same effect as the onesie without being over the chest.

If you're concerned about the changing aspect and having to remove those to change look up adaptive clothing, I believe Adaptive Clothing Warehouse sold some underwear that had side snaps which would allow you to change easier.

ClickyKeys said:
See if she is able to order some gender neutral products for you instead on her discount.
The only ones gender neutral for me that she could get for me are mostly tab style diapers, she get those for her mom but I can't move freely on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back