Not open for further replies.

EmeraldRegice

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I've been pondering on this for awhile and I can't find a thread really like the one I am making so I want to hear what yall got to say.

Compare the different baby diapers you have tried. For me, you got the major 3 brands, Pampers, Luvs, and Huggies. Then you got the off brands. I'll explain a bit about each and how they rate for me.

Pampers: Has 3 different types, Cruisers, Baby Dry, and Swaddlers. I love the color changing line from yellow to blue, the wettness indicator, on the Swaddlers, but for me it is not the softest diaper made by Pampers. Cruisers has a nice design, and I would say the middle ground in the bunch, but right there with Baby Dry in terms of softness. Baby Dry to me is the softest, but just barely to the Cruisers, and also has a nice design. All 3 are very quiet when moving around.

Luvs: I really loved when they had Blues Clues designs, now it's some purple monkey and quilt pattern, its neat, but not the same. Luvs is the loudest of any of the major brands, has a nice blue padding inside, and I like the crinkly ness of the diaper.

Huggies: My personal least favorite of the 3, don't use them if ever, not much of a fan of the design, they are soft, but feel stiff to me. Just not my taste and needs a cuter design.

Off brands: Walmart's, Meijers, Target, Krojers, these are some of the stores that are in my area of the country, and I haven't tried all of thier brands, but Wally world, and meijers I have. Both are pretty much the same in all aspects just different design.

If I had to rate them all, I would say Pampers would rank 1st overall, barely to Luvs, if not tied for 1st. Huggies is next tied with the off brands.

How do you rate the ones you have tried, what's your fav, likes and dislikes? Do you have a pattern you remember from years ago you want to see back on a diaper?

Id like to see the pampers,huggies or pullups from the 1994-2003 range. This is when i was young and wore obviously. It would be cool if someone on here was an expert about previous designs and diapers from the past etc.

Personally, I like Huggies Little Movers (regular and diaper pants) a lot. They are the stiffest, but they leave my underwear dry even after a couple of wettings. Until I got good at making side extenders I couldn't use Huggies, but now they're my favorite. Pampers hold a lot but they tend to "seep" around the leg gathers and I end up with wet spots in my underwear. Same with Luvs. Pampers Baby Dry are the worst for seeping. Even after a single wetting in baby dry they start to seep....even if you pee slowly. In Cruisers or Swaddlers I can usually get at least two medium wettings in them before they seep. I use Pull-Ups most often though if I wear in public. The newest ones hold a decent amount.

Pampers baby dry swells up nicely when wet and I extend the sides too, they barely leak on apart from the store bought baby diapers in the same size. Pampers even fit me better as far as baby diapers go

You mean strictly as boosters right?

For this I also prefer pampers. It's amazing how much they hold for their size, and how fast they can absorb pee. Bonus, I love how they smell when you open the package too.

When it comes to disposables, I'm definitely a Pampers baby. Huggies run smaller and tend to firm up when wet as opposed to getting squishy like Pampers do. I really like the Pampers squishiness. Luvs are great, too.

And, actually, there are some pretty decent store brands/generics. Rite Aid "Tugaboos" and Winco "Cuddle Ups" are examples of store brand diapers that I buy and enjoy periodically.

I've tried Pampers Baby Dry, Huggies Snug and Dry (both regular and the ''Ultra'' ones from Walmart), and Luvs. Pampers were my least favorite and seemed to always leak on me. Huggies and Luvs were both good in my opinion, but I'm not crazy about the generic prints on Luvs. I too would like to see the Blue's Clues designs again.

While not strictly diapers by definition, as evidenced by my signature, I love Pull-Ups.

I'm quite fond of Luvs and Pampers Cruisers. And while not exactly true diapers, Pampers Easy-Ups with the 3 core channel absorbency hold a freaking ton and swell up really nicely.

I usually ware pampers baby dry and if I'm off out in them I tape around the tabs so they don't come undone when in moving around. they don't show that much but you still know that you're wearing a nappy and they just make you feel good haha.

EmeraldRegice said:
How do you rate the ones you have tried, what's your fav, likes and dislikes? Do you have a pattern you remember from years ago you want to see back on a diaper?

I've tried a couple kinds of baby diapers. My favorites are Walgreen's store brand - either the training pants with My Little Pony on them or the actual diapers with the zebra character on. Both are really cute, and they are both thirsty monsters in terms of performance. They're as good as pampers, just a little better than wal-mart's, and blow huggies out of the water. Huggies were the most disappointing, since they are less absorbent, and smaller than other diapers by an inch or so of rise, though their overnites are decent. I "wear" all of these using Cottontail Extenders, for the record.

If "they" could bring back some vintage prints, I agree with you: I'd like to see Blue's Clues Luvs and Lion King Huggies prints back on the market.

Here's a question back: has anyone tried the Wal-Mart size sevens? Are they really bigger than other nappies?

It's a bit surprising that so many people like Pampers. I kinda hate 'em. :p Maybe I was just wetting them too fast.

Of course though, I kinda have a thing for Huggies going way back. Since they make Pull-Ups I guess I always saw them as the ''superior'' brand, heh.

I'm confused, how would wetting them too fast make a difference? This is exactly why I use a baby diaper anyhow. They take the initial flooding and slow down how fast I pee in my adult diaper (while also absorbing some in the process). They make perfect boosters this way, but it's not like they are intended to replace your actual diaper.

One time I bought a pack of size 5 Huggies while vacationing in Myrtle Beach, because that was the largest size they had, and once home I put one on using some extra tape, and I wet it and it held up well. And last year I got some size 6 Pampers Baby Dry, and liked them for the absorbency, but not so much the prints. Another time, I got my hands on some size 7 Cruisers and the scent was so calming. This week I think I'll try out some more Huggies.

As for what I wore when I was really a baby, I've seen a picture of me from 1995 (when I was a couple of months old) in which my changing table also appears, and there's a Luvs box under it; then there's an old big box of generic diapers from Toys 'R' Us that we still have from 1997, when I was two years old, and the box says that the diapers featured Muppets-themed waist panels (we use that box to store magazines and stuff now); and I've also seen a box of generic training pants that claimed to have Sesame Street characters on them, which would have been from 1998, since I was well past my third birthday before deciding to give the potty a try. From various photos of me as an infant and toddler in diapers, it looks like for the most part I wore plastic-backed with waist panels or just plain white, although I might have been in early cloth-backed Pampers by '98.

Slomo said:
I'm confused, how would wetting them too fast make a difference? This is exactly why I use a baby diaper anyhow. They take the initial flooding and slow down how fast I pee in my adult diaper (while also absorbing some in the process). They make perfect boosters this way, but it's not like they are intended to replace your actual diaper.

I don't use them as boosters. At the time, I was simply stuffing them in my underwear.

Anyway, I believe Cottontail gave an explanation once that because of Pampers' high-SAP but low-fluff content, they can take a lot, but only if you let it out slowly.

Ok then.......

Ha, wouldn't it be funny to see a two year old trying to use a diaper made for preemie babies. No? Well that's exactly what's happening whenever an adult tries to squeeze into a baby diaper. Something about it just isn't right.

Slomo said:
Ok then.......

Ha, wouldn't it be funny to see a two year old trying to use a diaper made for preemie babies. No? Well that's exactly what's happening whenever an adult tries to squeeze into a baby diaper. Something about it just isn't right.

It all boils down to different strokes for different folks.

I'm quite content with my method of modding Pull-Ups. Yes, high-quality adult diapers are nice. They are also expensive, and for some, like me, hard to get ahold of. A pack of training pants or baby diapers off a store shelf is easy to obtain, inexpensive, and can also fulfill a certain need for some of us. My earliest fantasies revolved around Pull-Ups, and thus even the nicest AB diaper is not going to be able to fill that certain niche.

Live and let live, enjoy your diapers your way and let others enjoy theirs their way.

I've been a fan of Pampers, they make the best baby diapers(Cruisers and Baby Dry, Easy Ups can count, they were alright), Luvs can follow behind, and Huggies weren't as good(except for Pull Ups and Goodnites), but all have cute designs(Pampers-Sesame Street, Huggies-Disney, and Luvs-a cheap monkey, could had made gender diapers, and more awesome designs for boys, and cuter designs for girls), that can feel like a toddler again.

Reactions: S2000
I like Luvs and Pampers

For me, they're all OK. Luvs and Pampers win in terms of performance, but being a Huggies child, the nostalgia is what does it for me.

I will admit I've always been drawn more to training pants, and generally tend to get those more than diapers. Easy Ups and Well Beginnings (Walgreens) are about as good as toddler products go, but again Pull Ups gets the nostalgia factor.

Goodnites are good in a pinch as well, but for someone of my size (and bladder capacity), I have to go the ABDL diaper trail. More expensive, yes, but it works out better for me.

EmeraldRegice said:

The last I can remember from actively wearing baby diapers I would say the 4 most prominent ones I've tried were: G.oon, Huggies, Luvs and Pampers

For me the Luvs were great for a cheap and ok-ish diaper, few years back I could easily claim that I easily fit the diapers without modifying, now it stretches a bit if I tried to wear one, and definitely loved having Luvs around. I loved the purple monkey design and their overall performance was fairly good, my problem was the tapes always felt bad. Never had a bag where the tapes didn't snap before undoing the whole thing straight from the bag.

Pampers to me felt a bit more stiff. They felt pretty eh walking around with them and all, the designs were cute but they became rare purchase for me.

Out of the big 3 in most stores Huggies by a long shot became my favorite, I found them to be most accommodating and def a bit nicer with how they stretched, which I guess you found the opposite. The designs never failed to make me smile and they definitely did the best out of the 3. G.oons were the only one that blew this one out of the water but I had to go to the asian side of town and hope that the store had gotten some imported to even have them.

I would go G.oon > Huggies > Luvs > Pampers for my overall rating, I definitely stick more to Goodnites now a days, and hopefully ABUs once the small sizes are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back