Wrecked by Chantix

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikejames said:
Not arguing...fun discussion. I think we mostly disagree on semantics but I do insist that natural cigar tobacco is "safer" ounce for ounce compared to cigarette tobacco which has hundred of chemical additives. But yes, a big part of the "cigars are safer" argument does have to do with the lower volume typically smoked.

I also agree that natural tobacco is better than anything that has additives in it. I think where we differ on semantics is how you and I define safe, or maybe even how we quantify it. Each time I indulge in smoking, I know I am taking a risk. That amount of risk is the same in each product.

Propylene Glycol= Antifreeze and yes it is toxic ever read the back of the anti freeze bottle !
from the CDC :propylene Glycol
CAS ID #: 57-55-6

Affected Organ Systems: Dermal (Skin), Renal (Urinary System or Kidneys), Respiratory (From the Nose to the Lungs)

Cancer Classification: None

Chemical Classification: None

Summary: Propylene glycol is a synthetic liquid substance that absorbs water. Propylene glycol is also used to make polyester compounds, and as a base for deicing solutions. Propylene glycol is used by the chemical, food, and pharmaceutical industries as an antifreeze when leakage might lead to contact with food. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified propylene glycol as an additive that is “generally recognized as safe” for use in food. It is used to absorb extra water and maintain moisture in certain medicines, cosmetics, or food products. It is a solvent for food colors and flavors, and in the paint and plastics industries. Propylene glycol is also used to create artificial smoke or fog used in fire-fighting training and in theatrical productions. Other names for propylene glycol are 1,2-dihydroxypropane, 1,2-propanediol, methyl glycol, and trimethyl glycol. Propylene glycol is clear, colorless, slightly syrupy liquid at room temperature. It may exist in air in the vapor form, although propylene glycol must be heated or briskly shaken to produce a vapor. Propylene glycol is practically odorless and tasteless.
ALSO :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol
Its not a "safe" chemical period !

mikejames said:
If you read the articles, it says the same lithium ion batteries used in cell phones have the same risk. It's just a blatant attempt by health nazis to try to control people's behavior by putting a new boogey man in front of people. Yes, lithium ion batteries can blow up. The chances of it happening to you when vaping, when using the product correctly, are similar to those of being struck by lightning.

What I bolded...yeah um no it's not. Care to cite a peer reviewed medical journal on that? There's NO evidence that propylene glycol is toxic in any way whatsoever. The only danger with vapes is that the "juice" is unregulated and you don't always know what else is contained in it. Avoiding any junk made in China probably alleviates most any risk from this aspect.

And your last sentence...everyone knows smoking is bad for you. I watched my dad die 2 years ago from small cell lung cancer. This was a couple years after he had stage 2 throat cancer which was cured. Both of his cancers were caused by his lifetime of smoking. But if you think vaping carries the same risk as smoked tobacco, you very clearly don't understand any of the science involved. there are a specific class of nicotinic nitrosamines responsible for making tobacco carcinogenic and those are not present in vape, or when present only in trace amounts.

xpluswearer said:
Propylene Glycol= Antifreeze and yes it is toxic ever read the back of the anti freeze bottle !
from the CDC :propylene Glycol
CAS ID #: 57-55-6

Affected Organ Systems: Dermal (Skin), Renal (Urinary System or Kidneys), Respiratory (From the Nose to the Lungs)

Cancer Classification: None

Chemical Classification: None

Summary: Propylene glycol is a synthetic liquid substance that absorbs water. Propylene glycol is also used to make polyester compounds, and as a base for deicing solutions. Propylene glycol is used by the chemical, food, and pharmaceutical industries as an antifreeze when leakage might lead to contact with food. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified propylene glycol as an additive that is “generally recognized as safe” for use in food. It is used to absorb extra water and maintain moisture in certain medicines, cosmetics, or food products. It is a solvent for food colors and flavors, and in the paint and plastics industries. Propylene glycol is also used to create artificial smoke or fog used in fire-fighting training and in theatrical productions. Other names for propylene glycol are 1,2-dihydroxypropane, 1,2-propanediol, methyl glycol, and trimethyl glycol. Propylene glycol is clear, colorless, slightly syrupy liquid at room temperature. It may exist in air in the vapor form, although propylene glycol must be heated or briskly shaken to produce a vapor. Propylene glycol is practically odorless and tasteless.
ALSO :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol
Its not a "safe" chemical period !

no, antifreeze is ehtylene glycol.

Propylene glycol is well known safe food additive. You eat it every day.

so yeah, it is a "safe" chemical, period. So again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Go ahead and drink or inhale that chemical its your loss. Not going to get into a Incontinence contest with you for the betterment of the community I have said what I am going to say that is it

xpluswearer said:
Go ahead and drink or inhale that chemical its your loss. Not going to get into a Incontinence contest with you for the betterment of the community I have said what I am going to say that is it

Sorry you're all butthurt for getting proven wrong.

I don't know what an Incontinence contest is or what incontinence has to do with your tenuous grasp of basic high school science.

I'm wondering why you guys are even arguing that smoking this or that is somehow better than something else.

How about this little fact. Smoking is extremely hazardous to your health. That's it, nothing else needed to add to that. Though apparently so is the medication chantix which is used to help you stop smoking too. Just more of a reason to never start, and if you did, even more of a reason to, just quit "cold turkey".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back