Which ones should I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I'm just speaking diaper wise, should I get a 80 1900ml diapers or 40 3400ML diapers.

Since I'm going on the job network, I'm going to need buy myself some cheap diapers, as I don't want to go using public restrooms unless i want to change.

I've saved up for a bit, and have enough to go buy myself some diapers, better of, after i pay tafe, i'll be left with enough to go buy myself a ton of diapers.

what would be better in the long run, 80 1900mL diapers, or 40 3400ml diapers?

unless you have bowel issues, I'd say definitely the 40 3400 ml ones at least initially, if you see at the end of your shift, you're not really that wet most of the time, then get the 80 and see how well those work (you may have to change those mid shift).

Cheaper and thinner diapers always need changing way too often. Plus they will leak a LOT more often too. For work, definitely go with the more absorbent diapers.

Don't forget to also use a good diaper cover. It will help contain any potential leaks and also help you to notice them faster too.

Turns out i had less than i thought, so i'll just get one pack of 3400 ML (20) for now. just until next fortnight.

I found finding the right diaper to be a lot of trial and error. I use a 2 different kinds. A thinner cloth type for day ( while at wk) and a thick plastic backed type for bed.

The capacity rating is next to useless once it's much over 1000ml, as the diaper will always leak before it reaches anywhere near full capacity (especially if you're not wetting in different positions to make sure all the padding is used). After that point it really comes down to how well the diaper fits you and how well the padding absorbs given your particular shape and use case.

For example, on paper molicare super plus has less absorbency than an abena m4. However, in actuality I get about the same usable capacity from both when wearing under clothes while out and about. The reason is that molicare has way better wicking ability, and unless I'm somewhere I can flip over and wet laying on my back, I'm only going to be able to use half the padding from the abena whereas the molicare will use almost all of it.

irnub said:
The capacity rating is next to useless once it's much over 1000ml, as the diaper will always leak before it reaches anywhere near full capacity (especially if you're not wetting in different positions to make sure all the padding is used). After that point it really comes down to how well the diaper fits you and how well the padding absorbs given your particular shape and use case.

For example, on paper molicare super plus has less absorbency than an abena m4. However, in actuality I get about the same usable capacity from both when wearing under clothes while out and about. The reason is that molicare has way better wicking ability, and unless I'm somewhere I can flip over and wet laying on my back, I'm only going to be able to use half the padding from the abena whereas the molicare will use almost all of it.

That's actually quite interesting, not something I really knew, though I did notice they leaked before I thought they were going to.

Shybug said:
That's actually quite interesting, not something I really knew, though I did notice they leaked before I thought they were going to.

What brand are you gonna get?

AnimeDude892 said:
What brand are you gonna get?

My usual ones, i'm poor so i'm going to have to go with AMD diapers, there like the generic brand of diapers. ;)

Sorry to hear that.

The confidry and northshore diapers actually will come close to their full capacity ratings (all others I know of won't). Too bad you can't get them, you'd love em.

Slomo said:
Sorry to hear that.

The confidry and northshore diapers actually will come close to their full capacity ratings (all others I know of won't). Too bad you can't get them, you'd love em.

I agree. Although he's in Australia.

I'm going to have to wait, realized I need to get myself a new fan, :( owell.

Next month it is :) than I can get myself 4x20 3400 diapers :D (i hope)

Ok had enough left over for some nappies. got the 1900 ones, yes I know that's bad, but it'll do for this fortnight. I'll get it next fortnight aswell, than more.

Last edited:
Fyi to others, a fortnight means two weeks.

No idea where that odd term comes from, but it is old.

stated ISO capacities are meaningless IMO. A) you don't use 60% of the diaper. While all the rear padding needs to be there, unless your bowel IC, you don't really use it. B), even some of the highest ISO capacity rated diapers have other design flaws that make them leak long before reaching with supposed capacity. being incontinent and stuck in diapers 24/7 I've found that the best bet is to find a diaper that works for you and stick with it. I wear Northshore Supreme Lites during the day and can maintain normal fluid intake and suffer my usual urge incon floods and last 5-6 hours. By contrast the MUCH higher ISO rated Dry 24/7 will leak on me much earlier. I find the unnecessarily thick (shower curtainesque) backing is self defeating and prevents a good seal from forming.

Anyway long story short, there's a lot more to a good diaper than it's claimed ISO capacity.

Fortnight = middle english slang for fourteen nights

mikejames said:
stated ISO capacities are meaningless IMO. A) you don't use 60% of the diaper. While all the rear padding needs to be there, unless your bowel IC, you don't really use it. B),

depending on my hydration the night before, it's not unusual for me soak my padding in the back right up to the end. Usually I get within 1-2" on a Saturday morning sleep-in.

For me, the front is what tends to not get used. So in those cases, I'm at about oh maybe 65-70% utilization? Saturday morning diapers always make a loud thud hitting the can ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back