Not open for further replies.

Onesieman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Would you rather have adhesive tapes or Velcro tabs when putting on a diaper.

I'd prefer Velcro because they can be adjusted an infinite number of times, unless they rip.

Sometimes when they have adhesive, they can lose their stickiness forcing me put on underwear over it.

This is how I ended up switching from a plastic backed to a cloth like backing. I went from Dry 24/7 and Abena M4 to Tena Stretch Super and Ultra because I was told the Velcro like tabs are more secure and move with you more. I found this to be true, And I love them.

Also, the Tena don't cost as much and armuch less bulky. Either way, I try to change every 3 to 4 hours and I also wear plastic pants most of the time. Taking these two things into consideration, the Tenas do usually hold for 3 to 4 hours and with plastic pants, I don't miss the plastic backing that much.

While I now prefer the cloth backing w Velcro tabs, the plastic backed diapers still have a place. They are what I use to sleep in and I still wear them during the day on occasion.

Tapes all the way for me, so much prefer the one tape per side.

I have tried very few Velcro style tabs which I have found to be acceptable for adults.

I prefer velcro at work just for ease of getting to the bathroom if need be and changing

I love one tape per side on ABU diapers

Has to be sticky tapes for disposables. I'm okay with Velcro or the like for cloth diapers.

I like the idea of Velcro tabs but have yet to try any other than the depends refastenables. Which were totally garbage. They would pop off after just a few minutes every time even when I was just sitting still.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Has to be regular tape for me. Velcro tabs stretch out and become loose over time.

no contest for me: strong single plastic tapes and a good tape panel.

Plastic backed and adhesive tapes are what I grew up in and around so I tend to favor those. I do like ab universe's preschool cloth backed though and I own some velcro cloth diapers as well which are alright. Always end up going back to plastic and adhesive though.

I prefer hook-and-loop tapes. I don't know if that's what you mean by Velcro.

I'm accustomed enough to my diapers fitting THE SPECIFIC WAY I WANT THEM TO!!! that losing adhesion on a tape is enough reason for me to throw a diaper away.

Velcro would be fine for me, but the cloth like disposables them come with are completely lacking. They have much less absorption capability, stretch and actually require recasting, and leak way too often (especially overnight).

Refastenable tapes are what I prefer. Not with that limited taping zone, and not the two shot only tapes we have now. Something like the old depends with three tapes per side would be awesome.

I think both tape styles have their purposes, utility vs. aesthetic. Velcro tapes are refastenable, which makes them more practical. If I was incontinent, I'd probably buy diapers with velcro tapes.

Since I'm not incontinent, functionality isn't a priority. Adhesive tapes can make diapers look childish and playful, especially on the ABDL diapers, and I like that about them.

I like the 4 tape style, I seem to get the best fit every time. I can't seem to get fit with velcro or the one tape per side.

Well diapers are for dress up and play for me (not something I wear a lot and use even less), so like a lot of you I want the authentic sticky tape and plastic from my ... er... first time around!

For fit and convenience of adjustment though the disposable velcro I've tried is great. I guess I don't mind the disposable velcro if I have to because it gives two big very baby-ish tabs which is nice ... *blush*

I have a couple of cloth diapers with velcro and they're nice because they're kinda like pretend two tape diapers and adjustable. Clean up is too much of a pain so I only wear cloth for dress up, never to actually use.

Velcro tabs, ideally only one per side--like modern baby diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back