Which came first for you, being furry or ABDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a *BDL most of my life only somewhat recently I was converted to a bfur. I really like bfur/furry art before I was converted though. Tavimunk tried to convert me a long time ago but he failed haha. It took me a while to think of my fursona.

lilkayden said:
I've been a *BDL most of my life only somewhat recently I was converted to a bfur. I really like bfur/furry art before I was converted though. Tavimunk tried to convert me a long time ago but he failed haha. It took me a while to think of my fursona.

LOL Tavi literally made my primary fursona's design

I would say that I was a furry at a young age (5 years old approx.) without really knowing what a furry was. It all started with a crush on Maid Marian in Disney's Robin Hood. I started to learn more about the furry fandom around the age of 16. I have a fursona that I created when I was 19, to date it is my only fursona. You'll see an example of it on my profile which was done by an artist on furaffinity. I'm not sure if they are still a user but at the time it was "PlayAirGuitarForMe". ABDL became an interest when I was about 17 when I had a sudden urge to wear a diaper, My guess is that stemmed from a time I was temporarily incontinent between the ages of 9-14.

So TLDR answer? Being a furry came first.

Well, I don't think I can consider myself furry, though I am totally ... fur-curious?

I started being interested in ...um... baby stuff around early puberty, maybe 10-12. I didn't really get really into it until middle of college. That first time was almost furry though, because it was the Care Bear Babies cartoon! I was so ... I don't even know how to describe it ... but I remember I did lock myself in the bathroom and stuff my underpants full of toilet paper.

Of course I loved talking animal cartoons like any kid. Robin Hood, Rescue Rangers, all that stuff. It was nothing unusual though, just a thing kids like, right? I think I heard about furries in college and ... actually I thought it was totally gross. Fursuits kinda creeped me out ,and the whole thing about lots of casual sex, and identifying with an animal seemed ... too much. So for twenty years I've had a growing ... um... acceptance and exploration and interest in AB / Little / Sissy stuff, but all that furry stuff - not interesting!

Recently though I started exploring my bi side, and I found PowFooo (http://powfooo.tumblr.com/) which crossed the line between furry and anime and ... I loved it! I realized that being born a guy (hairy), being cute (which I want to be so bad) was hard, but furries had figured out a way to combine traditionally yucky, man stuff, with cuteness... and that seemed really, really interesting.

Then I actually came here to ADISC (looking for AB diaper reviews) and saw baby fur section and being curious, I found this very thread...

irnub said:
Somewhere in the middle of that I discovered the comic "Found". I started reading it in much the same way one starts searching youtube for videos of trainwrecks, expecting it to be terrible before dropping off the face of the earth somewhere in the middle of the story. I ended up reading the entire thing in a single night, and was impressed to find that toddlergirl consistently came across as a very down to earth and genuinely nice and caring sort of person even over 4 years worth of comic pages. It was also the first time I've ever cried because of a story. Then from there I discovered "Shine", and by the time I reached the end of that I'd consumed enough furry content that I was feeling pretty hypocritical for not admitting I was a furry. Then a few months ago I ended up commissioning some art on a whim and really enjoyed the experience.

And that post there is the reason why got up the courage to join these forums!

These two comics were so wonderful (I devoured them in two days) that I too realize I'm kinda, maybe, more furry that I thought... *blush*

furry

I'm kind of in a weird spot. I never really considered myself a furry, but I find that I like art of anthro characters in diapers, moreso than humans. So I guess being an ABDL came first.

ABDL first.

Braves26 said:
I never really considered myself a furry, but I find that I like art of anthro characters in diapers, moreso than humans. So I guess being an ABDL came first.
that is exactly how I started on actual abdl furry content. For whatever reason, humans in diapers just look weird to me.

ABDL since I was around 7 and I got into the furry fandom around 22-23.

irnub said:
that is exactly how I started on actual abdl furry content. For whatever reason, humans in diapers just look weird to me.
I just don't like drawings of humans in diapers, at least not as much as anthros. But I'm totally okay with videos/photos of people.

I came to diapers pretty late on (early 30s), having been introduced through babyfur friends in the furry world. Furry was very definitely a gateway for me in that regard.

I have always related to myself as more as a dog since I can remember even my family told me that but I was not treated good by someone in my family but now I am aloud to be a dog and baby but I'm so glad that I'm not all human in my mind I am now 45 and my dad lives with me and I can wear and use all dog and baby items in front of him

Being a furry became first before becoming a AB/DL. I became a furry when I got into Sonic the Hedgehog and started off from there. I became a Babyfur 5 years ago. So yeah.

I was a furry since I was in middle school and around the same time I had interest in diapers but officially came out as AB/DL to my friends when I was in High School. :p

AB/DL came first and I didn't know what furry was until a friend of mine came back from a convention and showed the collective some nifty stuff.

For me, AB/DL came first, then sometime after a friend had told me about the Furry fandom I became a Babyfur, and have been a Babyfur on and off since 2012.

I discovered furries through being an AB/DL. There is a former babyfur story archive I stumble upon as a teenager. It made me curious about the furry fandom but I didn't jump in until years later.

ABDL. A leaky puppy talked me into the furry part of things. :p

Near said:
I discovered furries through being an AB/DL. There is a former babyfur story archive I stumble upon as a teenager. It made me curious about the furry fandom but I didn't jump in until years later.
you've been around furries for a while now though right? I think I remember seeing some nice babyfur art of your character years ago when I was sort of fur-curious but not willing to admit it.

irnub said:
you've been around furries for a while now though right? I think I remember seeing some nice babyfur art of your character years ago when I was sort of fur-curious but not willing to admit it.

Ya, my fursona dates back to early 2011. I actually have a lot of vivid memories associated to the time where I decide to become a furry. In hindsight it was a pretty pivotal time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back