Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which came first for you, being furry or ABDL?

Quote Originally Posted by africat View Post
    I discovered both simultaneously but haven't really engaged either community. Still haven't created a fursona, although it'd be nice to.
    Creating a fursona is HAAAARD, and not entirely necessary to identify with the community, at least in my mind. I have several OCs but not sure just how well i gel with them. I decided to go with Stayne just to have just to experiment with.

The most engagement I get with the furry community is with my boyfriend, but I don't really talk to many furs. S'why I'm reaching out here, to at least dip my toes in and try meeting people :3 Might as well combine the two if I can

I've been an ABDL my whole live. Only withing the past 5-10 have I been slowly developing furry tendencies. I have not fully developed a fursona yet, but do have a rough id.

Still haven't created a fursona, although it'd be nice to.
    Making a character has so far been the funnest part for me. It's a fascinating process to give a description to an artist and then see them produce something way better than I could have imagined. I've also had a lot of fun thinking up backstories to the pictures I've commissioned. Also, you don't have to make a fursona in one day, just come up with small parts and add in more details as they occur to you. I'm still figuring mine out, and I first came up with it nearly 5 months ago (I don't even have a name picked out for him).

Quote Originally Posted by StayneLion View Post
    The most engagement I get with the furry community is with my boyfriend, but I don't really talk to many furs.
    I've found that for whatever reason the furry community (at least on FA) is really hard to engage with. It almost feels as if the majority of people think it's a bother to interact with you if you're not one of the super popular pages. I don't know if I'm just misunderstanding the cultural norms or what.

I didn't yet know what a furry was, at like 12 or so, when my interest in diapers resurfaced. I say "resurfaced" because I didn't become potty trained totally by choice. I wanted to stay in diapers at first. I was basically bribed into potty training.

I don't have it check on my profile, but I am an abdl and a furry all the same. ABDL I would say has always been a lot more prominent in my life, but I would like to have a custom fursuit made one day, and go to a furcon. I sometimes wear various tails on my outfits but few and far between days.
    Last edited by EmeraldRegice; 1 Week Ago at 00:58.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1971 View Post
    I was furry first, probably because I grew up on Disney movie with the talking animals and fell in love with Pokémon.
    Being ABDL followed later. I was into TF works (because, you know, furries), and that led into AR stuff, and I discovered I enjoyed that too.

Having fun finally admitting openly (at least on the internet) that I'm a babyfur.
    To me it was Just the opposite in the order, but I wondered... What exactly are TF and AR?

Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post
    Making a character has so far been the funnest part for me. It's a fascinating process to give a description to an artist and then see them produce something way better than I could have imagined. I've also had a lot of fun thinking up backstories to the pictures I've commissioned. Also, you don't have to make a fursona in one day, just come up with small parts and add in more details as they occur to you. I'm still figuring mine out, and I first came up with it nearly 5 months ago (I don't even have a name picked out for him)
    For sure, I think it'd be fun to design a character. It's a very creative process, and the best part is that you can share it with others once you're done. I've imagined the basic look of the character, but I haven't contacted an artist to really nail it down.

Quote Originally Posted by matetan View Post
    What exactly are TF and AR?
    In this context, AR is probably 'age regression' and TF is 'transformation.'

In this context, AR is probably 'age regression' and TF is 'transformation.'
    Thanks!

I would say it's a bit tough to say. I know I been an AB/DL pretty much my whole life, but I think I could say the same with being a furry. I mean as a child my favorite movies involved furry characters. Like Disney's Robinhood. There was always something that interested me in anthro characters and art. Much like anime had also caught my attention as well.

However, I didn't consider myself an AB/DL or furry until much later in my life.

Diapers, had that interest since right after I was out of them (my dad's threats of putting me back into them because of my constantly getting up at night were probably the start of the desire), furry didn't come til high school.