Status
Not open for further replies.

Babybike2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
In the recent thread "Potty Training Age", by Wombat, it was interesting to me that most of us think it is generally not healthy for kids to be in diapers past the socially accepted norm of 3 years of age or so. As a followup to this thread, I'd like to ask if YOU where trained too early?

I was successfully trained before the age of 2 years, no doubt in preparation for the birth of my sister. I have LONGED to wear diapers ever since, so my opinion is although I was physically ready for big boy pants, I was not emotionally ready to give up the security of diapers and intimacy with Mom at diaper change time at such a young age.

I believe my emotional development would have have quicker if I was allowed to stay in diapers for another year or so, or at least needed diapers for bedwetting. I wonder if that emotional need had been met back then if I would still feel an emotional needed for diapers today.

I was in them until just about three and a half, so I was trained at the right time for my needs and wants. As far as I know, my parents left it up to me despite encouraging me to train sooner. I believe that my personal emotional need subconsciously remained with me before I became aware of it again about a decade ago, when I was about to turn 12. But in your case, I agree that it wasn't a good idea for you to get hurried out of diapers just so your mom wouldn't have two diapers to change at once.

I don't think it was a major factor, although I admit that it's difficult if not impossible to have any certainty with things that formed so young. Although I was trained by what would now be considered young, my first diaper memory was more curiosity than pining for them. Even when I got some later on, my interest wasn't in using them (that came well into adulthood).

I suspect that the stigmatizing of my early curiosity is what made them stick in my mind and then the feel of diapers themselves when I finally got to try them again is what kept me coming back. Potty training seems fairly irrelevant in that mix but it could all just be a story I tell myself.

I don't remember anything about wearing diapers before potty training and I don't remember potty training either. I think my mom said that I was 18 months (but maybe that was for walking) so it could have been later. I also don't remember whether she said that I was easy or hard to train.

I no don't remember any diaper related thoughts before I started to wet the bed around 8.

So for me, I don't think my potty training had any affect on my liking of diapers.

I was potty trained really early, before I was 2. I have absolutely no memory of being in diapers at all pull ups included, and I remember kids my age that were still in diapers. I think that did have an impact on me being an ab/dl. Because I always felt like I had missed something, and it made me want to wear them again just out of curiosity, but I was to shy to admit it because of the "be a big kid" pressure. So I guess as long as you don't mind possibly turning your kid into an ab/dl then you can potty train them as early as you want to. But they should definitely be trained by age 4 if they are physically able to be. There's definitely a sweet spot between age 2 and age 4 I think.

As an aside, the only reason I say tog et them potty trained by 4 is just so they can keep up with the other kids. It seems as a society we are moving to pushing the age of potty training back slowly but surely. So in the near future if it becomes normal to see 5 year olds in diapers, then I think it's ok if they still aren't potty trained by then, as long as they are keeping pace with other kids their age.

I don't think so, as I was in diapers till about 3 1/2, I trained quite easily too my parents told me. Though I remember wanting back into them almost as soon as I got out of them.

I was trained quite early, almost exactly when I turned two. I sort of think it's related, in that I was so young that I had no memories of diapers at all when I got older and started to feel curiosity and interest towards them. That total lack of knowledge about diapers definitely made for fertile ground for various fantasies. I had no younger siblings or friends with little brothers and sisters, so once I was out of diapers, they basically disappeared from the house and I had no way to checking them out anywhere until I was much older.

Still, I think it's hard to say if I would have turned out differently if my parents had waited longer to potty train me. It's equally likely that I'd have enjoyed the feeling of diapers and kept an interest or that the longer time would have made me comfortable to give them up and led to no interest later on. I tend to think my diaper interest is due to some sort of imprinting though, so I doubt it would have gone away via more exposure when I was young.

I was trained a little before I turned four. I don't remember being potty trained, but I do remember wetting a pullup.

I don't know if or how potty training works on you psychologically. Even my earliest of memories I remember liking the thought of diapers. Not the same way I like them today, but I remember putting washcloths "down there" before I was sexually developed.

I also remember my dad holding up one of my brothers diapers scolding me asking me if I wanted to wear one, but I don't remember the situation like why he said it or what I did/said to make him say that. And who knows, could have just been a dream when I was a toddler or something. Not something I want to ask my dad if he remembers or not, and I don't have any other memories of something like that happening again.

I believe I was potty trained too early. I was potty trained when I was like 2. That's just my opinion though. I remember wanting to wear often when I was younger. I remember wearing leftovers from when I was in diapers after I got out of them. I feel my early potty training led to my abdl behaviors today.

Desiloodle said:
I don't know if or how potty training works on you psychologically. Even my earliest of memories I remember liking the thought of diapers. Not the same way I like them today, but I remember putting washcloths "down there" before I was sexually developed.

I also remember my dad holding up one of my brothers diapers scolding me asking me if I wanted to wear one, but I don't remember the situation like why he said it or what I did/said to make him say that.
That's really similar to me, though I potty trained closer to the age of 3. I can remember my mom holding a pullup in one hand and some underwear in the other asking me which one I wanted. I pointed at the pullup, but then she asked me again in a tone of voice indicating that I had made the wrong choice and so I pointed at the underwear. I can't remember ever not liking diapers or having an interest in wearing them.

I was toilet trained at two with no memories of it or of being in diapers at all. While nowadays I do feel bad about that, and kind of envious of people who do remember their diaper days, I believe my fetish may be at least partially rooted in my mother's actions a couple years later when she would tell a curious me about my potty training. As I mentioned in the other thread, she would emphasize how I was easily trained without Pull-Ups and how they were dumb, just like diapers. I believe the taboo nature of how she painted them at a time when I was beginning to explore my body sexually helped form my fetish.

I don't have any recollection of wearing diapers or being potty trained, I just know I've wanted them my whole life

Comparatively late at being potty trained. I was almost five and remember being in nappies

Things were very different when I was potty trained in the mid 50's; nothing but cloth diapers and plastic pants (or rubber pants), plus most mothers were stay at home. Who wants to wash and hang diapers to dry daily, or carry around a big diaper bag full of wet/dirty diapers from changing a 4 year old? So there was plenty of incentive and opportunity to potty train as early as possible. Plus, preschools were almost unheard of, so exposure to other kids in diapers was minimal (typically younger siblings or cousins).

I think this whole idea of potty training when older is a result of disposable diaper manufacturers removing a major incentive from the parents, and parents not being as hands on now.

According to my mother, I potty trained myself by method of observation of one of my brothers. Apparently some time before the age of two I declared that I was not going to wear a diaper and didn't again until a desire to do so manifested.

"Where" is was trained was at home & it was not too early in my life to live there. Duh. "Were" I to have been trained too early is difficult for me to say. My mom says I was trained quickly and fairly easily at about 2-1/2, and had few or no wetting problems after that. Unfortunately I do not remember this time in my life to say otherwise, or if it was too soon.

However, my first memory recall is at age 4 & was me trying to get away with wearing my younger brothers diapers- "again" as my mom said to me at that time. I've also once had a vivid dream where my father brushed my leg in an ok and tender way while changing my diaper. It still creaped me out though, and made me want to get out of diapers asap so I'd never be touched like that again. While I recognise this was only a dream, IF it was anywhere remotely true then that would indicate that yes I was trained out of diapers too soon. Who knows though....

I was potty trained at around 2 according to my mom and have no memories of being diapered as a baby and I must have gone some time as a toddler without wetting the bed because I remember after starting preschool my mom telling me if i kept wetting my bed I would have to wear diapers again, I would have been a bit more than 3 at that point. I remember asking alot of my friends when they trained and they all said around 2 as well, of course all but 2 of my friends wet the bed at night and most of them still wore diapers to bed.

I was definitely potty trained too early, and have a theory that it led to my incontinence. Sounds weird, but what happened was I became actually too good at holding it, and my bladder neck tightened so much that by my teens I could barely pee. It got so bad that my kidneys were in extreme pain all the time. It would take me up to 15 minutes to void. Well, I had about 8 procedures done at 4 different hospitals until they figured out what was really wrong. I ended up getting both sphincters cut, and finally I could pee freely again. But of course this led to total incontinence. It could have been a different cause, but I believe I was hyper urine retentive at such an early age that it led to the failure of my control. I have also read that training too early can cause all kinds of problems for kids, such as constipation, which can cause urine accidents.

I was potty trained around 2.5 when my brother was born. It was too soon. I remember it and it was very stressful. I couldn't "perform" on the toilet. My parents didn't want two kids in diapers, but I wasn't physically or mentally ready for it. The result was a lot of accidents in training pants and in "regular" underwear later on. Heck, I had accidents all through grade school. It short, I think it was one of the main reasons (along with my lack of control) I was desperately wanting to stay in diapers. Parents should never force this on their children because of inconvenience, societal norms or some other bullshit reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back