Where You Potty Trained Too Early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I was potty trained fairly late at around 4.5. I remember various bits of it. It wasn't stressful or frustrating, it just sort of when in one ear and out the other for a while. Then again, at that age, potty training was just one of many issues I had at the time.

Babybike2 said:
I'd like to ask if YOU where trained too early? I was successfully trained before the age of 2 years, no doubt in preparation for the birth of my sister. I have LONGED to wear diapers ever since, so my opinion is although I was physically ready for big boy pants, I was not emotionally ready to give up the security of diapers and intimacy with Mom at diaper change time at such a young age.

I believe my emotional development would have have quicker if I was allowed to stay in diapers for another year or so, or at least needed diapers for bedwetting. I wonder if that emotional need had been met back then if I would still feel an emotional needed for diapers today.

Yes, at just about 2 I was forced out of them, probably more because my mom had just gone through it three times in a row, and just made an adult decision that I was ready. I was not. Still, my siblings persisted in helping me train myself out of them, but they didn't know what was going on in my brain, that's for sure. The rest is history. My diapered history.

I was potty trained fairly late think about 3- 3 1/2 but I do have some vague memories of wearing nappies and mum kept a pack of nappies in my bedroom wardrobe just in case for a while longer

I was potty trained around 1.5 to 2 years and It has stuck with me all these years. I can remember the last time Mom changed me and said she was tiered of having to change me and I needed to stop using my diapers and use the toilet. Man that hit me hard. All I ever wanted was to make her happy, but I loved my diapers and missed them right away. I would say my first real recollection of really wanting them was around 3 to 3.5 years old.
I always thought bedwetters were so lucky because they still got to where diapers. Whenever I found a friend that wore diapers (older than say 5 years old) Mom would keep me away from them and ground me if she had too.
I guess I used to tell her too much in the hopes she would accept it...never happened.
At lease now I have plenty of diapers and people to talk to about our mutual love of being diapered.
Pauly

MarcusP said:
I was definitely potty trained too early, and have a theory that it led to my incontinence. Sounds weird, but what happened was I became actually too good at holding it, and my bladder neck tightened so much that by my teens I could barely pee. It got so bad that my kidneys were in extreme pain all the time. It would take me up to 15 minutes to void. Well, I had about 8 procedures done at 4 different hospitals until they figured out what was really wrong. I ended up getting both sphincters cut, and finally I could pee freely again. But of course this led to total incontinence. It could have been a different cause, but I believe I was hyper urine retentive at such an early age that it led to the failure of my control. I have also read that training too early can cause all kinds of problems for kids, such as constipation, which can cause urine accidents.

Wow this extremely close to my problems too! I got urge incontinence from an car wreck. Learned to hold it till I could get to the toilet. Eventually I developed both bladder sphincter and detrusor sphincter dyssenergya- on top of a much worse urge incontinence.

It got to the point where I had to strain so hard to pee I was literally bleeding out my back end and threatening serious kidney damage. Pills were always a joke. Catheters helped till I became sensitive to them. And Botox and Interstim both made things worse.

I've been through 6 sphincterotomies sin just the past two years, and have another one coming up this February. Feel free to PM me and we can compare notes.

There was an attempt to potty train me too early, at about 3. It failed. I wasn't consistently out of diapers until about 7.

Kaliborio said:
There was an attempt to potty train me too early, at about 3. It failed. I wasn't consistently out of diapers until about 7.
I was still in nappies at night at 7 years old but had been fairly clean and dry during the day for a couple of years by then.

I was actually potty trained late I have memories of wearing diapers when I was 5 or 6. I also wet the bed until I was about 11. I think being in diapers for so long made me like them and I don't think I ever wanted to give them up in my entire life.

Yes. I know this because when I was 14 or 15 and being registered with a new doctor, she asked my parents these questions.

They told her I was potty trained at 16 months. I was kind of astonished.

I'm not sure if I was trained on time or too late but definitely not early since I was in the hospital till I was 1 year old because I was premature and so I'm sure I was in diapers until at least 3, I continued to have accidents every so often until I was 7 and was put back in diapers for a few weeks to help me with this. At first I remember not liking wearing them again, even thought at some level I still wanted to wear them and by the end of this diapered period, I knew I wanted to wear them and can remember asking to continue to wear them, which didn't happen.

age 3 for me

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been a DL if I hadn't have been potty trained super early as I do remember seeing kids my age having their diapers changed which made me
want to wear them again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember having some sort of ridiculous toilet phobia when i was 3. Potty Trained when i was 4 and a half. I didn't get out of diapers until i was 5. So i was extremely late. On top of that i was a bedwetter.

I actually potty trained late, around the age of 4 1/2. Reason being was because at the time, I was stubborn about potty training. It wouldn't surprise me if that was at least part of the reason why diapers appeal to me.

areplicasrodeo said:
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been a DL if I hadn't have been potty trained super early as I do remember seeing kids my age having their diapers changed which made me
want to wear them again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man can I relate to that!

I was potty trained when I was almost 3yrs old. I remember wearing diapers and having my Mom do diaper checks on me, pulling at the back of my diaper and taking a peak or putting a finger in the elastic at the legs to see if I was wet. I also remember her untaping one side of my diaper to slide down and then placing me on the toilet. I don't think it was too early or too late.

My experience was similar. The only reason I was toilet-trained - at about age 4½ - was because I was about to start school. We had our own washer and dryer, so that aspect didn't enter into the picture. However, kids were expected to be out of diapers upon starting kindergarten. I still wet my bed and pants, though, and wanted to be diapered for those reasons.

I've heard, but don't know directly, that some kids do start school while still wearing diapers. Anyone know if this is true?

CheshireCat said:
Things were very different when I was potty trained in the mid 50's; nothing but cloth diapers and plastic pants (or rubber pants), plus most mothers were stay at home. Who wants to wash and hang diapers to dry daily, or carry around a big diaper bag full of wet/dirty diapers from changing a 4 year old? So there was plenty of incentive and opportunity to potty train as early as possible. Plus, preschools were almost unheard of, so exposure to other kids in diapers was minimal (typically younger siblings or cousins).

I think this whole idea of potty training when older is a result of disposable diaper manufacturers removing a major incentive from the parents, and parents not being as hands on now.

In early 70's it was cloth diapers and plastic underpants for me. I had siblings so being out of "baby clothes" was somewhere around age 2 - 3 and getting to wear training underwear was the big step. 90% of the time up through age 8 I was dry at night but several times in year from age 4 - 6 I still had accidents at night and had two pair of plastic underpants in my drawer. I would sometimes wear my pp for several nights after the initial accident (I think). None of this phased me much as it happened at night and other kids I knew had plastic underpants in their laundry baskets at their homes; just no one ever said anything about it.

At age 8 I was back in protection when I had a severe bed wetting at a sleepover. My friend's mom helped me understand the importance of wearing protection and it stuck with me ever since. I do not have wet sheets anymore even though I may have some wetting today maybe only 3 - 4 times in a year and even then only slightly. I still feel more secure today wearing protection nightly though.

it took me till age 4 to use the potty regulary but ive always had accidents day and night in some form and ive been 24/7 for a year and have lost what control i did have and stated losing it by age 19. the only time i was truly out of protection was ages 8-11... my ab side developed at age 12 and by age 15 bedwetting began again.. so training didnt hold so well... lol

I was potty trained at age 4 if I remember correctly but I started to wet the bed about half a year ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back