Cloth diapers, where to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diapered college

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I know of Babykins.com, teenadultdiapers.com, but where are some other good places to buy cloth diapers? I like the pocket diaper, all in one, style.

To be honest, most pocket or all in one diapers only cater to the feeling of having something in between your legs and maybe some cute prints. Most of these hold less liquid than store brand diapers. Pick your poison and add layers for more bulk, just don't expect it to function much more than a store brand diaper.

I have a dozen Snap-Ez adult Pocket Diapers and love them. I stuff them with twill prefolds from Changing Times Diaper Company: single diaper for daytime, and double diapers for bedtime. Highly recommend both companies and using cloth diapers, if you are able.

Changing Times Diaper Co. is my preference. They are hands down the most comfortable diaper I've worn. I have used both their pre-folds and contour diapers. They are a high quality product and excellent value.

Changing Times has some really nice gauze prefolds.

I have several from Babykins, Fetware, Baby-Pants, LL Medico, and others.
I have flannel, birdseye, and gauze. In Pull on, Contour and prefold.
I always get night time for the thickness, and have some boosters as well for extra absorbency. Probably just a little paranoid about leaking...
The bottom line (since they can get expensive) is try some that sound good and look good to you and then start to refine what you want and the suppliers you like best.
Remember, if you are going to get birdseye diapers you will need some sturdy pins and maybe go with hiback plastic pants for better coverage (sometimes I go a size higher on plastic pants to get the coverage I like).
Have fun, I hope this is of some help.
Pauly

try places like amazon, ebay, and etsy, other than that, i would really recommend prefolds, you can actually get going with cloth prefolds for pretty cheap if you are willing to diy a bit. my recommended setup would be to get some plastic pants (look in the clearance section of the rearz website for cheap ten packs) and use a regular bath towel with automotive terry shop towels folded in. you can get some heavy duty pins from wallmart and you are set. later i'll try to put up a tutorial of how i do this. in terms of haveing a bulky diaper that is easy to maintain and actually holds something, prefolds would be the best option, just don't expect them to be discrete.

Make your own! You'll save a fortune in the long run and you ll have exactly what you want. Buy a sewing machine and whatever cloth and elastic and stuff you need and get sewing
they're hardly precision sewn, made to measure garments so once you get the hang of it it wont take long for you to have a while pile. I've got some super pull on terry nappies that I made myself. There first one will go wrong!! But persevere.

I have one thats velcro but I have no idea how to wash it. I only use it over a disposable as I don't really know how to clean clothes n stuff, but the last time I used it my diaper leaked into it a little bit. Now I don't want to use it until it's clean :(

Thank you babybike2, I forgot about changing times!

I use these http://www.baby-pants.com/diapers.php . I lay a babykins insert down the middle for a little extra absorbency. The hold a lot just try to avoid pooping in them as poop will make cleanup much more difficult. You also have to get some pins (I use the ones from baby-pants). Cloth diapers also have to have a few wash/dry cycles before they reach max absorbency.

Changing Times Diaper Co is the best

The Changing Times prefolds, contours, and booster pads are all excellent. Their prefolds are my favorite adult cloth diapers, though the Baby Pants prefolds are an extremely close second. The construction of the Baby Pants prefolds is not as true to the actual baby kind, but I find the squarish cut and 4x8x4 layering a little more comfortable, so... :shrug:

I wish more companies would make the pockets in fun prints like they do for actual babies. I do not have the capabilities to make my own or I would try. I love the PUL fabrics they have now.

I've been using Kins for years. They work well and the price is right. Yes, there are other places but if you have had success with a particular diaper, why change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back