Which characters do you want on the Goodnites?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
KimbaStarshine said:
I still don't really get the point of an XS size. Seeing that there seems to be a large number of parents who want a 4T-5T nighttime Pull-Up, and also many who want an XXL GoodNite for their actual children, I don't understand why they just wouldn't make those seeing there is a demand for them.

I think the purpose of an XS is to try to get parents to buy alternate pull-ups just for night time in order to get kids who are potty training further away from diapers. From experience, I know that pull-ups don't hold nearly as much as a regular diaper, but Goodnights can absorb about as much as a standard diaper (while not being under pressure), so it could be a solution for smaller kids who are heavy wetters at night.

Update: I saw pictures and the Ariel ones remind me of the older Princess pull ups, but the Tink ones only have Tink herself(no Fairy friends, but still have the Disney Fairies logo), man if L-XL would have characters they would be Capt. America for boys and Rapunzel for girls. :)

Last edited:
I tried accessing the site in question but my web browser keeps freezing. Oh well, I'll just wait it out to see individual shots of each new Goodnite. This is great news nonetheless though.

577097.jpg

577096.jpg

577104.jpg

577101.jpg

Here's the pictures you all been waiting for!

I honestly am starting to think that the nighttime pull-ups will stay around. These are just for ones who are daytime trained during the day but need something more absorbent for night. While the pull ups line will be for ones training in general. But that's just my opinion

Only for those who like the girly designs: Do you Ariel or Tinker Bell graphics better?

GoodnitesFan97 said:
Only for those who like the girly designs: Do you Ariel or Tinker Bell graphics better?
Ariel! I love water and everything to do with it!

Since nobody has posted the boys version of the XS Goodnites, allow me. The girl ones don't interest me in the slightest, unfortunately.
cfi-IMG-58.png

--I must be embedding the image link wrong.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/0106/cfi-IMG-58.png

Ugh, Extra Small? Really? They can make an extra small but not a larger size? Wtf. . . WAY TO GO KIMBERLY CLARK, for doing the complete opposite to what their customers want.

GoodnitesFan97 said:

Tinkerbell for sure. Love Disney fairies it makes all the more magical with pixie dust :blushie:

AddyShadows said:
Ugh, Extra Small? Really? They can make an extra small but not a larger size? Wtf. . . WAY TO GO KIMBERLY CLARK, for doing the complete opposite to what their customers want.

Actually, parents have been asking for 4T-5T nighttime pull-ups for a long time. There is a considerable size gap between the nighttime 3T-4T pull-ups and S/M Goodnites. They didn't make a 4T-5T nighttime pull-up because it would pull market share away from the S/M Goodnites. This XS size will bridge that gap while building brand equity for Goodnites. Totally makes sense from a business standpoint, and the market is overwhelmingly larger for an XS than an XXL. How many 3-5 year olds wet the bed compared to kids 14+? Out of all the bed wetters in the world, I think I could safely say that only 1 in 30 is 14+ years old. These are going to be a cash cow for Kimberly-Clark. Honestly the only real market for an XXL would be the AB/DL community. The portion of the population that wets the bed beyond age 14 is statistically zero. And technically, Kimberly-Clark already has that market covered by Depends and Poise.

GoodnitesFan97 said:

Hmm that's a tough one. I think I will have to lean towards the Tinkerbell Goodnites. I forgot who said it, but they do remind me of the old-school Pull-Ups from the 90s. Also, I personally prefer Tink over Ariel. Either way, I would love to preserve an image from each Ariel Goodnite and each Tinkerbell Goodnite.

grst said:
Actually, parents have been asking for 4T-5T nighttime pull-ups for a long time. There is a considerable size gap between the nighttime 3T-4T pull-ups and S/M Goodnites. They didn't make a 4T-5T nighttime pull-up because it would pull market share away from the S/M Goodnites. This XS size will bridge that gap while building brand equity for Goodnites. Totally makes sense from a business standpoint, and the market is overwhelmingly larger for an XS than an XXL. How many 3-5 year olds wet the bed compared to kids 14+? Out of all the bed wetters in the world, I think I could safely say that only 1 in 30 is 14+ years old. These are going to be a cash cow for Kimberly-Clark. Honestly the only real market for an XXL would be the AB/DL community. The portion of the population that wets the bed beyond age 14 is statistically zero. And technically, Kimberly-Clark already has that market covered by Depends and Poise.

It's not necessarily older kids who need a bigger size though, it's fatter kids.

Can someone post pictures of the new L/XL packaging? Thanks!

KimbaStarshine said:
It's not necessarily older kids who need a bigger size though, it's fatter kids.
Once again this is not a big issue at least in the American Midwest everywhere I've been you don't see kids packing on the pounds until after puberty it's very rare that they're that big when they're that young

AddyShadows said:

#MakeGoodnitesGreatAgain

AnimeDude892 said:
#MakeGoodnitesGreatAgain
+1

grst said:

Depends and Poise. . . LOL. Might as well tape some A4 printer paper around your crotch, it'll do a bit better.

Some people who aren't AB/DL's use Goodnites because they are significantly better than Depends and Poise, Depends and Poise are not good products at all. You know its sad when Goodnites, a kids bedwetting product, can absorb more and leak less than an actual purpose built incontinence product. Like, I could see if Depends were just bigger goodnites with a plain white cover or w/e they wanted to make them look like but the same product. I think they'd make a shitload more money off of the market if they did that. They think the market is concerned with conceal-ability, Which is true it is, but its hard to conceal a wet depend when you have wet marks running down your pant legs. Plus whats the point of concealing it if you're just going to have "Underwearness!" or w/e the fuck its called. Imo, Kimberly Clark, Make a good product or GTFO.

gnites said:
Can someone post pictures of the new L/XL packaging? Thanks!

I could, but nothing has changed for the L/XL. These pics are tough to find in the interface provided.

AddyShadows said:
...Like, I could see if Depends were just bigger goodnites with a plain white cover or w/e they wanted to make them look like but the same product. I think they'd make a shitload more money off of the market if they did that. They think the market is concerned with conceal-ability, Which is true it is, but its hard to conceal a wet depend when you have wet marks running down your pant legs. Plus whats the point of concealing it if you're just going to have "Underwearness!" or w/e the fuck its called. Imo, Kimberly Clark, Make a good product or GTFO.

Here are some relevant bed wetting statistics...
Percentage of bed wetters by age and gender in the US
Total of 7 million kids (under 18)
5 years old 12.3% boys & 13.1% girls
6 years old 10.5% boys & 6.1% girls
7 years old 9.1% boys & 5.2% girls
8 years old 5.2% boys & 1.9% girls
9 years old 3.3% boys & 1.3% girls
10 years old 2.5% boys & 0.44% girls
11 years old 1.1% boys & 0.21% girls
12 years old 0.76% boys & less than .10% for girls 12 and older (no specific percentage listed)
13 years old 0.39% boys
14 years old 0.21% boys
no data available for 15-18 or before 5

Bedwetting data by weight (US only data)
40 lbs 13.4%
60 lbs 9.7%
70 lbs 7.4%
80 lbs 5.5%
90 lbs 3.2%
100 lbs 1.4%
over 110 lbs 0.23%

Average weight by age just for reference
4 years old 36 lbs, 6 - 45lbs, 8 - 60 lbs, 10 - 70 lbs, 12 - 80 lbs boy or 95 lbs girl, 14 - 95 lbs boy or 120 girl, 16 - 115 lbs boy or 130 lbs girl

Anyways after sharing all this data, the point I am getting at is that the money is in making products for younger children and babies as opposed to older children, which is why the new XS size makes much more sense than adding a larger size. Most children actually outgrow bedwetting before they outgrow Goodnites or Underjams so it really is not necessary to have a larger size especially since their parent company already has adult sized products and making them any larger would be a very stupid business decision for them even though Depends is not the best product. Goodnites and Kimberly Clark have their own best interests in mind and unfortunately for you and others on here that doesn't line up with your ideals and what you desire (a larger size). Statistically speaking there would not be much for them to gain from offering a larger product because there just isn't a high enough percentage of bedwetters that would need it. Sure there are overweight kids that outgrow the L-XL size but those kids are statistical outliers, that is they are extremely uncommon. Generally speaking most people don't become overweight until they go through puberty at least and by that point most have outgrown bedwetting as well. At least from my experience personally as well, most people put on weight in college or around the ages of 17-20, and by then almost none of them would still be bedwetting to the extent that they would need to wear protection.

Last edited:
okmis said:
Here are some relevant bed wetting statistics...
Percentage of bed wetters by age and gender in the US
Total of 7 million kids (under 18)
5 years old 12.3% boys & 13.1% girls
6 years old 10.5% boys & 6.1% girls
7 years old 9.1% boys & 5.2% girls
8 years old 5.2% boys & 1.9% girls
9 years old 3.3% boys & 1.3% girls
10 years old 2.5% boys & 0.44% girls
11 years old 1.1% boys & 0.21% girls
12 years old 0.76% boys & less than .10% for girls 12 and older (no specific percentage listed)
13 years old 0.39% boys
14 years old 0.21% boys
no data available for 15-18 or before 5

Bedwetting data by weight (US only data)
40 lbs 13.4%
60 lbs 9.7%
70 lbs 7.4%
80 lbs 5.5%
90 lbs 3.2%
100 lbs 1.4%
over 110 lbs 0.23%

Average weight by age just for reference
4 years old 36 lbs, 6 - 45lbs, 8 - 60 lbs, 10 - 70 lbs, 12 - 80 lbs boy or 95 lbs girl, 14 - 95 lbs boy or 120 girl, 16 - 115 lbs boy or 130 lbs girl

Anyways after sharing all this data, the point I am getting at is that the money is in making products for younger children and babies as opposed to older children, which is why the new XS size makes much more sense than adding a larger size. Most children actually outgrow bedwetting before they outgrow Goodnites or Underjams so it really is not necessary to have a larger size especially since their parent company already has adult sized products and making them any larger would be a very stupid business decision for them even though Depends is not the best product. Goodnites and Kimberly Clark have their own best interests in mind and unfortunately for you and others on here that doesn't line up with your ideals and what you desire (a larger size). Statistically speaking there would not be much for them to gain from offering a larger product because there just isn't a high enough percentage of bedwetters that would need it. Sure there are overweight kids that outgrow the L-XL size but those kids are statistical outliers, that is they are extremely uncommon. Generally speaking most people don't become overweight until they go through puberty at least and by that point most have outgrown bedwetting as well. At least from my experience personally as well, most people put on weight in college or around the ages of 17-20, and by then almost none of them would still be bedwetting to the extent that they would need to wear protection.

It ever occur to you that some people don't use them for bedwetting and use them for incontinence and special needs children, so on and so forth?

Edit*: Statistics aren't always a know all either. You can't really say there's no market for larger goodnites either based on these statistics. Some children are larger than average, some people bedwet past the "Statistical age" . . . It kinda doesn't really work to use the statistics here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back