Which characters do you want on the Goodnites?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AddyShadows said:
Depends and Poise. . . LOL. Might as well tape some A4 printer paper around your crotch, it'll do a bit better.
Some people who aren't AB/DL's use Goodnites because they are significantly better than Depends and Poise, Depends and Poise are not good products at all. You know its sad when Goodnites, a kids bedwetting product, can absorb more and leak less than an actual purpose built incontinence product. Like, I could see if Depends were just bigger goodnites with a plain white cover or w/e they wanted to make them look like but the same product. I think they'd make a shitload more money off of the market if they did that. They think the market is concerned with conceal-ability, Which is true it is, but its hard to conceal a wet depend when you have wet marks running down your pant legs. Plus whats the point of concealing it if you're just going to have "Underwearness!" or w/e the fuck its called. Imo, Kimberly Clark, Make a good product or GTFO.
Well the only good depend product for me in my opinion is the Depend Real Fit for Men even though I don't wear them very often. It may not hold a lot, but it's still comfortable and it's also discreet whenever I go out in public. I sometimes use them as my regular underwear, but I don't pee in them.

I couldn't load the other pictures of the newer GNs packages, because they were too big sadly.

KimbaStarshine said:
It's not necessarily older kids who need a bigger size though, it's fatter kids.

And that's sad.

AddyShadows said:
It ever occur to you that some people don't use them for bedwetting and use them for incontinence and special needs children, so on and so forth?

Edit*: Statistics aren't always a know all either. You can't really say there's no market for larger goodnites either based on these statistics. Some children are larger than average, some people bedwet past the "Statistical age" . . . It kinda doesn't really work to use the statistics here.
That is why I provided the statistics for weight as well, to take into account kids who are overweight. Only 0.23% of all kids in the US over 110 lbs wet the bed. I never said people don't use them for other issues but those persons are not the ones the product was made for, because the amount of kids that use them for other reasons is minuscule, or negligible compared to the 7 million kids that wed the bed. It doesn't make sense to make a product to cater specifically to at most a few hundred thousand kids due to costs of production. Only 0.21% of all boys in the USA bedwet at the age of 14, and less than 0.10% of girls, there are about 4.5 million 14 year old boys and 4.3 million girls in the USA just for reference.

The point I am trying to make is most customers have actually been asking for a size in between Pull-Ups 4T-5T and Goodnites S-M, very few comparatively have requested a larger size, I have mostly only seen ABDLs request a larger size and only the occasional request by a parent of a disabled child.
Kimberley Clark is in business to make money, not to appease ABDLs, and anything they do is solely based on $$$.

Kids may be overweight these days but the data shows that very few kids bedwet that are over 110 lbs, and some kids do wet the bed by which point most others stop but the stats show over 99% of kids stop by the age of 14; you can't argue with the facts.

okmis said:
That is why I provided the statistics for weight as well, to take into account kids who are overweight. Only 0.23% of all kids in the US over 110 lbs wet the bed. I never said people don't use them for other issues but those persons are not the ones the product was made for, because the amount of kids that use them for other reasons is minuscule, or negligible compared to the 7 million kids that wed the bed. It doesn't make sense to make a product to cater specifically to at most a few hundred thousand kids due to costs of production. Only 0.21% of all boys in the USA bedwet at the age of 14, and less than 0.10% of girls, there are about 4.5 million 14 year old boys and 4.3 million girls in the USA just for reference.

The point I am trying to make is most customers have actually been asking for a size in between Pull-Ups 4T-5T and Goodnites S-M, very few comparatively have requested a larger size, I have mostly only seen ABDLs request a larger size and only the occasional request by a parent of a disabled child.
Kimberley Clark is in business to make money, not to appease ABDLs, and anything they do is solely based on $$$.

Kids may be overweight these days but the data shows that very few kids bedwet that are over 110 lbs, and some kids do wet the bed by which point most others stop but the stats show over 99% of kids stop by the age of 14; you can't argue with the facts.

I know you're providing valid statistics here but you are using statistics exclusive to the United States. To use your own statistics, I was in the 1% of kids over the age of 12 who wet the bed. From the time I was about 7-8 years old, I wet the bed. Up until I was 22 years of age (25 now, and still have the occasional accident when I'm stressed out or upset.)

okmis said:

Bro, bro, chill. No one ever said about appealing to AB/DLs. These statistics prove nothing. You're only putting bedwetting statistics conducted by companies that are PAID to make it look one way in a black and white scenario. Again not everyone uses these products solely for bedwetting making your statistical argument invalid. Some people use these for disabled children as well as youths with incontinence so on and so forth. It's not just children bedwetting. The argument you're making only proves that there are statistics for bed wetting that are most likely biased and US specific. I don't know about you but if you read the reviews on goodnites ANYWHERE. On parent blogs, on their site, on store sites, 95% of them are people saying "BIGGER SIZES PLEASE" I've not once seen someone say "HEY CAN YOU MAKE A SMALLER GOODNITE?" This is because there is a smaller filler in this market: Underjams. They're the perfect go between between pull ups and easy ups to Goodnites. Plus I have both Pull Ups and Goodnites from recent purchases, there isn't that much of a size difference between S/M and 4t/5t.

On the sizing side of things it comes down to weight x height x hips if learned anything from wearing Goodnites it's that cause I'm 5'10" 250 pounds 38" waist my hips are a little bigger and I wear them all day with just a small clip at the bottom of the tear a way sides you do have to give then a good stretch as well but they fit I do agree they need a larger size they would still make money no matter what I have yet to find a adult pull up I like besides select and always

Saying that people use them for other reasons than bedwetting is entirely irrelevant. It says right on the package that they are "Bedtime Pants" which makes the bedwetting statistics totally relevant. They are building them for bedwetters, period. Anyone else they sell them to are nothing more than a fringe benefit. Even if they are selling them to people for other reasons, those people aren't who they are catering to, so they aren't going to give them much consideration. Prestone sells antifreeze. 99% of people buy it so their car doesn't overheat. 1% buys it to kill their mother-in-law. Prestone isn't going to add cherry flavoring to it so that it's easier for the 1% to sneak into her food. It doesn't make good business sense to do so.

Also, who do you think writes those reviews asking for a larger products? Do you really think those are parents of special needs children, or ABDLs requesting them under guise? I'm leaning toward the latter. If I were trying to get KC to build larger Goodnites, I know darn well I would be taken more seriously posing as a parent wanting it for their kid than someone who wants it for themself to wear. If you read some of those reviews it is glaringly evident that is what's happening. Besides, companies spend millions to conduct research to get those statistics so that they can make decisions on how best to use their resources to maximize profit. They are going to use cold, hard data to formulate their decisions. A few thousand internet requests saying someone will buy a certain product if a company makes it does NOT mean that each of those people will actually buy the product. It would be a terrible business decision and a waste of resources to build something being requested by a few people on the internet without statistical data to support that decision. Last I checked, KC is making money hand-over-fist. Obviously basing their decisions on statistics and numbers must be doing something for them. Either that, or they just have incredible and perpetual good luck.

They obviously weren't making money on the old XL size that was made between 1999 and 2004, otherwise they would not have discontinued it.

DanElmontan said:
They obviously weren't making money on the old XL size that was made between 1999 and 2004, otherwise they would not have discontinued it.

I guarantee you money was still made on them, even if it wasn't as much as other products KC offers. If anything, they created the new sizes back then to bridge more demographic gaps, and as a result, allowed them to make less products, reducing production costs, and ultimately increasing profits. It's a matter of efficiency. Why have 2 different sizes when you can have one that covers both previous sizes.

Another thing, just to bring to everyone's attention: KC has been using a 3-size system for Drynites (Goodnites European sibling) for years now. Introducing this new XS size to the US market is all in the name of instituting a global system. They're playing catchup with us. As an example:
IMG_4486.jpg

See my point?

grst said:
Saying that people use them for other reasons than bedwetting is entirely irrelevant. It says right on the package that they are "Bedtime Pants" which makes the bedwetting statistics totally relevant. They are building them for bedwetters, period. Anyone else they sell them to are nothing more than a fringe benefit. Even if they are selling them to people for other reasons, those people aren't who they are catering to, so they aren't going to give them much consideration. Prestone sells antifreeze. 99% of people buy it so their car doesn't overheat. 1% buys it to kill their mother-in-law. Prestone isn't going to add cherry flavoring to it so that it's easier for the 1% to sneak into her food. It doesn't make good business sense to do so.

Also, who do you think writes those reviews asking for a larger products? Do you really think those are parents of special needs children, or ABDLs requesting them under guise? I'm leaning toward the latter. If I were trying to get KC to build larger Goodnites, I know darn well I would be taken more seriously posing as a parent wanting it for their kid than someone who wants it for themself to wear. If you read some of those reviews it is glaringly evident that is what's happening. Besides, companies spend millions to conduct research to get those statistics so that they can make decisions on how best to use their resources to maximize profit. They are going to use cold, hard data to formulate their decisions. A few thousand internet requests saying someone will buy a certain product if a company makes it does NOT mean that each of those people will actually buy the product. It would be a terrible business decision and a waste of resources to build something being requested by a few people on the internet without statistical data to support that decision. Last I checked, KC is making money hand-over-fist. Obviously basing their decisions on statistics and numbers must be doing something for them. Either that, or they just have incredible and perpetual good luck.

The Stock of Kimberly Clark disagrees with you. Of course Goodnites do not solely represent their stock fluctuations, it does have a significant impact being one of their flagship products.

I've made an overlay on their graph to show you the effects their "Improvements" have made on the stock.
http://i.imgur.com/SjzGtZf.png

DanElmontan said:
As you can see in my graph they took a hit on their stock when they removed the XL size in 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back