• Less than 3 times a week

6 10.17%
  • Completely irregular, can't say

9 15.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you poop?

Default How often do you poop?

This is NOT another thread about messing diapers. And apologies if you find this a bit gross, but I am genuinely interested.

Yesterday I was in a conversation here and found out that there is actually a large range for "normal" poop behavior.

I, myself, poop (not in diapers the vast majority of the time) around three times a day and I thought it was normal to at least poop once a day, but it seems not. This is what the internet says and actually repeats it in many sources.

"The average individual poops about once a day, releasing around one ounce of excrement per 12 pounds of body weight, meaning that a 160-pound person will produce just under a pound of poop a day. Although once a day may be the average, that does not necessarily make it the norm. As reported by Live Science, gastroenterologists agree that anything in the range of three times a day to three times a week is normal as long as the feces is neither too hard nor too loose."

So I would like to see if there is a "normal" or if people are spread across the spectrum. I also wonder if the "normal" is different if you wear diapers or not. Of course, we don't really have a control group, but I thought a poll would be interesting and the comments might shed even more light on this topic. I also wonder whether being bowel incontinent means you go all the time or much more than non-incontinent people.

Please feel free to take the poll and leave any comment.
    Last edited by PyjamaBaby; 2 Weeks Ago at 14:06.

I normally go a couple times a day, both in the morning. I do take a multivitamin capsule the prior night that tends to soften things. I knew a girl once that went once a week, you know that's unhealthy!

I used to go once a day, but it was getting annoying sometimes fighting to pass a dry brick. (sometimes, I swear, sideways) My body just dehydrates things a little too fast for that. So I tried to adjust myself to two a day, one in the morning and another sometime in the early evening. Half the amount, but also more comfortable to pass as it's nowhere near as solid. Occasionally I get off my game and have to deal with one or two "brick mornings" before I can get back on schedule. At least for me, it requires deliberate planning.

I voted for ''completely irregular.'' Some days I might go four times, other days not at all. I kind of live in a state of chronic ''almost-constipation'' - I can go, but there's a chance it's going to involve straining. For me, it's usually hard little turds but sometimes veers off into huge, painful wad territory. I'm also pretty much always torn up down there, with bleeding after a bowel movement.

Feels like after every meal lol.

More likely, twice a day. And I eat a fiber bar.

I'm also 33, which I understand affects things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usually multiple times can be quite an iritant as it makes picking a specific diaper/knowing which one I'll need dificult or if I need to suplement it

usually about 3-4 times though

1 - 2 times per day, usually just once.

It is normally once a day for me, but it can be several times a day if I am dealing with IBS symptoms.