Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Sooo....

There have been a few posts on this before, but somewhat of mixed postings...

How many of you have come across diaper changing restrooms for adults?

This is actually becoming a bit more common, as many public places where there may be a need are providing restrooms for adult diaper changing.

I recently happened to come across this one.

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

The facility is a restroom that has an adult diaper changing table and is advertised as such in several places leading up to it. The restroom has a locking door and has both a baby changing station table, as well as an adult diaper changing table, featured with a foot press opening diaper pail.

When I came across this, I couldn't help but take a few pictures. I applaud the organization that understands this need and provides this opportunity for those who may need it.

Even if the intent isn't for ABDL, the fact that such places exist where you can change or be assisted in being changed is significant.

:detective3

TeddyBearCowboy

Attachments

• IMG_2108.jpg
    IMG_2108.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_2108.jpg
    IMG_2108.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 222
Where is this at?

I think that's pretty neat. Definitely a huge asset to a Caregiver of someone who's disabled or to an elderly person.

It's not comon in the UK, although in Gateshead at the Metrocenter there is a area earmarked as assisted changing near the disabled toilets in the red area on the first floor.

Maybe if I get the okay after my re-assessment by new doctors to wear diapers, than I might ask my carer who ever that might be to take me there to try it out although I will probably ask for a wheelchair on that day because I have difficulty walking around because of my leg bones that are permantly twisted outward as I was born with this condition as well as lacking calf muscles in the back of my legs due to a unknown disfigurement or condition that makes me unique although I have learned to compensate for this by using the muscles in my legs that I do have to walk although I could have surgery to correct my legs it wouldn't be something that I would consider as of yet unless my condition gets worse.

I am partially incontinent because of past epilepsy and other factors and am highly autistic and have other disabilities that make me have to wear diapers from time to time on a bad day or month depending upon my body and mind I have had major surgery on my feet to correct them because my toes where too long and curled up under my feet every time I was walking which made it extremely painfull to walk properly.

Of cause I don't think that giving these details will be 100% private but talking about my problems makes my life much easier because I don't have to bottle it up.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888.

Wow, that's great. I'm assuming there's still a toilet in there too right?

nice to see this, we still have places here where there aren't even baby changing stations in men's rooms >>

I've only ever seen em once, and that was at my college gym; they had a row of four or five private changing/shower rooms separate from the normal one. And in the last one, there was a big ol blue adult sized changing table. Always intrigued me.

Wonderful concept. Everyone deserves to have a comfortable and sanitary place to be changed. I´ve never seen a public restroom with an adult sized changing table. Is this exclusive to the UK?

mrbuckeye87 said:
I've only ever seen em once, and that was at my college gym; they had a row of four or five private changing/shower rooms separate from the normal one. And in the last one, there was a big ol blue adult sized changing table. Always intrigued me.

That would be be most obvious place (outside of a hospital or nursing home etc, I mean of "public place") I'd expect to see an adult changing table. Something like that I would expect most often would be there to assist those in physical therapy following a hospital stay, where diapers were a temporary need following their need for hospitalization.

that black strap makes the whole thing look a little creepy to me.

I have seen them around the UK also. Mostly at some motorway service areas are the most places I have seen the changing tables.

ArchtopK said:
that black strap makes the whole thing look a little creepy to me.

Pretty much ALL changing tables have a waist strap for the one being changed, to prevent them from rolling off the table and falling to the ground. Rugrats like to squirm while getting their diaper changed...

But the strap is on the adult table...

ArchtopK said:

It's still there for safety reasons. Just because someone is the size of an adult does not preclude them from acting like a child. People with mental development difficulties may fidget and squirm like a small child. Still others might suffer from sudden seizures that might make them fall off if not secured. All changing tables that are designed and marketed for adults and older children/teens with special needs (mental or physical) are equipped with some sort of retention system. Rails are large, bulky, expensive, and are just another part to go wrong. A strap serves the same purpose for a much lower price. As this is a public implement, they will usually go for cheap, sturdy, reliable, and cheap.

ArchtopK said:

In addition to what Llayden said, going from standing to laying down messes with your blood pressure for a little while, and can easily cause an elderly adult to feel like they're rolling off the table, causing them to try to roll in the other direction, resulting in them actually rolling off the table.

What I don't completely understand is how you get an adult UP and onto the table if they're disabled, weak, or uncooperative if you're not strong yourself. I recall reading one caregiver note how difficult it was for her to get her elderly husband up onto one of those. Yeah it's nice to have them up at waist level to work on, but it creates its own challenge.

I can't really tell by looking at the picture but I would think that the table could be raised and lowered. It looks like it may have an electrical cord running to it giving me the impression that it has an electric motor to adjust the height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INTrePid said:
Wow, that's great. I'm assuming there's still a toilet in there too right?

No, this is part of a progressive switch from toilets to changing stations across the world ;)

tremendous! the last/only adult diaper change i've witnessed was taking place on the carpet in the big room that three "family bathrooms" were connected to. the family bathroom was too small and had a cold hard tile floor. poor guy (20-something with some kind of muscle issue) was unavoidably kind of a spectacle. this kind of table/room would have surely been very useful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back