24/7 tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
So I'm sure there's a lot of boards around here of this nature, but I'd like to rekindle this question.

I have a few specific bullet points I'd like to discuss...

But I think I'll leave these questions here if anyone comes up with something better.

What rash prevention methods do you think are most effective? What products do you recommend?

As for me, I'd prefer simple Burts Bees balm and powder. And hydration. And keeping up with changes every 3-4 hours. Tranquility products are marketed to those with sensitive skin so there's a +

What brands do you recommend at work? What's a good, silent, absorbent one for those of us who do a lot of bending and twisting at work?

This answer remains blank for me. I'm considering Tranquility Smartcores or Elitecares or their near celebrity-status "Pullons".

What are some quality diapers for bedtime wear?

Personally, the brick-hard, shower-curtain lined 24/7s aren't my style. I once tried Absorbancy+ and found them to be very soft.

What's a good diaper lineup in general?

Do incontinence bodysuits work well to hide the bulge? Any other suggestions to hide a bulge?

How to conceal/hide new diapers or your diaper "bag"? How to dispose of/conceal used diapers for those of us who lack immediate access to a trash can?

Are hypnosis tapes a bunch of hokey? If they do work... is that a good idea in the first place?

If you're a bit socially anxious enough as it is, would wearing diapers grow to be easier over time?

Those are all the questions I have for now. Thanks for any help in advance.:eek:

Do incontinence bodysuits work well to hide the bulge? Any other suggestions to hide a bulge?
Loose pants help

How to conceal/hide new diapers or your diaper "bag"? How to dispose of/conceal used diapers for those of us who lack immediate access to a trash can?
My Diaper bag is actually an old back pack from high school. You don't have to have some satchel with zoo animals or nursery prints on it, just enough space for diapers, wipes and cream. For the used diapers I put them in a scented bag I bring with me in my diaper bag and tie that up.

If you're a bit socially anxious enough as it is, would wearing diapers grow to be easier over time?

The best way to deal with wearing diapers in public is to treat them like any other underwear (in other words go on your day and worry about living life, not what you have on under your pants)

What brands do you recommend at work? What's a good, silent, absorbent one for those of us who do a lot of bending and twisting at work?

For work since I wear slacks I either wear something like a medium absorbency brief like cardinal medical premium heavy or a poly attends waistband with an overnight stuffer. I wear rubberized vinyl pants over the attends to cut down on potential odor and noise and in case I leak Tranquility probably would work alright for day time.

I'm not a huge wetter usually so I generally wear the attend with stuffer at night if I think I've had a bit too much to drink though I might wear a abu little paws.

What rash prevention methods do you think are most effective? What products do you recommend?

The best way to prevent a rash is do not stay in a messy diaper any longer then you have to and also use barrier cream.

Last edited:

Never had diaper rash before. Lucky me :)

I've gone as far as to wear two Bellissimo at the same time to work. Nobody noticed. Just wear long shirts and don't tuck them in, and wear loose-fitting khakis. Office noise will drown out any crinkles.

My thing though is to wear premium overnight-style briefs to work always. People notice change more than they notice diapers in general. And by always wearing the thicker products, I've never had a leak. Long long ago, I did have a Tena leak on me at work.

Still, it's important to change every four hours even with the premium briefs. The odor will become a problem even if you drink plenty of fluids, which consequently also means you fill the diaper faster.

I always drive home to change during lunch break. That's the best option if you live close by and have an hour break.

Are hypnosis tapes a bunch of hokey?

Yes, completely. Hypnosis is just a sign of how much you're able to delude yourself into believing they worked when they didn't.

It's very relaxing though. And depending on the subject matter and a willingness to pretend, can be erotic as well.

Yes, definitely. The more you wear, the less of a big deal it is. First day wearing in public I was convinced everyone knew. Nowadays I don't really even care if they do find out, outside of at work.

goten said:
I've gone as far as to wear two Bellissimo at the same time to work. Nobody noticed. Just wear long shirts and don't tuck them in, and wear loose-fitting khakis. Office noise will drown out any crinkles.

Ok not noticing aside, how did you walk? XD

"What rash prevention methods do you think are most effective? What products do you recommend? "

I use A & D. I also keep myself shaved smooth. Much easier for clean up.

"What brands do you recommend at work? What's a good, silent, absorbent one for those of us who do a lot of bending and twisting at work? "

Tena Stretch Ultra. Thin profile and good until time to change or about 4 hrs. They have the cloth like backing, but I usually wear plastic pants.

Last edited:
I use thick pin on cloth diapers with plastic pants overnight. During the day I use north shore supremes. I am wet at least 75% of every day but have the pleasure of never getting any diaper rash at all.

Reaper said:

I use baby powder to help rashes from starting. When I do get one I use a combination of diaper cream and diaper ointment. There IS a difference. Use the cream first and get it absorbed into the skin to heal the damage. Next use the ointment to prevent any further damage. (I prefer a prescription triple diaper cream, and over the counter desitin original).

I use the same diaper at work as I do for overnight (confidry). I stay well hydrated and being able to change only once at work is helpful. The better brand also translates to fewer leaks, which is even more helpful. I also use a pul diaper cover, which helps with potential leaks as well as cutting down on my diapers noise. Almost 14 years now and nobody in my office has noticed yet.

What are some quality diapers for bedtime.

As mentioned, I use confidry. I also use a baby diaper booster, which I cup around my member before diapering up. This allows me to sleep on my side without leaking all night.

I found it is easier, and it takes up a lot less room in your closet, to just always use the best diaper you can. It is also potentially cheaper as you will need more changes with a lesser diaper (which drives up your cost on a per day basis).

Not really, though a body suit (onesie) will help keep your diaper from sagging if you're active, and will completely eliminate any accidental outings from a shirt coming untucked. But seriously, people do not notice. Still, the best way to hide a diaper bulge is to wear baggy pants. Pleated pants works well too, as the folded material breaks up any diaper lines. Also wear black, even with a big wet spot you can't tell it's wet at all.

Use a laptop bag, or normal old backpack. Don't bother carrying around wipes, powder, creams, etc. (Unless you are also bowell incontinent). It will not hurt you to skip using them for just one or two changes in a row. Toss your used diaper in the trash, then add a towel or two on top of it to conceal it. If you really don't have a trash can available then keep large ziplock bags with you. Put the used diaper in the bag, then into your diaper bag for later disposal.

Are hypnosis tapes a bunch of hokey? If they do work... is that a good idea in the first place?

For some yes, others no. It depends if your susceptible to it in the first place. Also, hypnosis can not make you do what you subconsciously don't want to do. It can only help you to achieve a goal you're already working towards.

Absolutely. The longer you wear a diaper, and in different situations, the more you will realize most people don't care and/or don't even notice.

I added my responses to your questions above. Hope they help.

I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants. I use contour diapers during the day with an insert. When at work I wear training pants with a poise pad to prevent leaking. At night I wear a heavy pre fold diaper and thicker plastic pants.

for diaper storage, i have a dedicated pocket in my backpack for just diaper stuff, diapers, wipes, powder, gallon ziplocks (disposal), changeing pad, plastic pants, and a few other assorted odds and ends. many people carry backpacks with them daily so you won't be too out of place.

Reaper said:
The most effective rash prevention is staying hydrated (urine should be mostly clear), changing out of a wet diaper within a reasonable timeframe, and keeping up with hygiene. I've never used creams or powders and I've never gotten a rash.

Reaper said:
That's really going to depend on bodytype and sizeing. For example, dry 24/7 is a really thick diaper, but they're actually more discreet on me than other diapers because the size small fits perfectly. That aside, I'd recommend a diaper that wicks well (e.g. molicare super plus). Even though the absorbency isn't as good on paper, you'll be able to use a lot more of the padding and actually get close to obtaining those numbers. Compare that to a high SAP diaper that doesn't wick. You'd have to get one with 2x the absorbency to make up for the fact that only the front half would be wet before it started leaking.

Reaper said:
Any of the premiums really. That's all going to come down to personal preference, what diapers fit your specific body shape best, and what you're actually using them for (fun? nighttime accidents? full blown incontinence?)

Reaper said:
Molicare super plus, seni quatro, dry 24/7, anything from ABU, iD slip, northshore supreme, absorbency+, abena M4.

Reaper said:
Baggy clothes. Get pants a size or too too big (especially in the waist/crotch area).

Reaper said:
For concealment I'd just put a diaper inside an opaque plastic shopping bag inside my backpack. Then when I changed I'd put the used diaper inside the shopping bag and carry it to a trashcan. If there was no trashcan immediately nearby (not sure why I'd be changing somewhere without a trashcan nearby), I could always put the bagged diaper into my backpack. For concealing used ones at home (e.g. can't sneak it out to the trashcan due to family being around), I'd recommend the same thing, but keep the bagged ones in a larger bag and for no longer than 24 hours. Otherwise you're going to have smell issues.

Reaper said:
I've always thought they were pure BS, but if it works for you, great. Since I'm of the opinion that they're BS, I see no downside in the "omg it worked and now I can't undo it!" sense. Hypnosis can't make you do something you don't want to do, so if you want to stop then just stop.

Reaper said:
It's definitely gotten easier over time for me to the point now where I can just do it like it's no big thing.

Best rash prevention is a good barrier cream. It keeps the bad stuff from ever contacting your skin. Prolonged exposure to urine is what causes diaper rash as urine has ammonia in it. This problem is accelerated for people who also shit in their diapers. The bacteria and nitrogen in the poo combines with the ammonia in the urine and it becomes a slurry of skin wrecking chemical soup. Barrier cream prevents it from getting to your skin.

We use this on my son and now I use it too. Hyro-Latum. It's the best out there, but it's spendy. It's marketed as and eczema cream but it's a hard core barrier cream too.

When you DO get a rash (and you WILL) use Desitin or similar. It just works.

I wear 24/7 for fecal and urinary incont. This started four years ago and will continue for the rest of my life. The posts below all have the right data but I was to add a few important tips. First, always wear two things - plastic pants over brief that seal and a onesie or preferably a singlet for support of the brief. If the singlet is smooth and synthetic it will be more comfortable.

If you begin to get irritation from wearing all the time, give yourself a rest with some washable incont. men's briefs. Also, try using the nylon fixing pants under your brief to create a barrier. If you mess, you can use a liner inside the net pants or just throw them away.

buy Gary active briefs for over briefs. Your penis will move around every time you bend over. Don't worry about it's position. If you get an erection which I don't, then you may leak at night. BUy only medical briefs. The other baby ones are very weird. Pull ups don't seal and don't give the complete control of taped diapers

I exercise all the time in adult briefs - got to use the singlet. Always wear gloves when cleaning a bm and though them away afterwards. I wear seni quatro and 24/7. YOu must buy a sealing diaper pail for your house. Good luck.

Find 2 diapers that work for you your main choice for your daily diaper and a backup incase your diaper of choice is backordered
keep 15 to 30 days of supply of diapers on hand at all times if you are incontinent diapers are the one thing you really do not want to run out of.

I use Desitin ointment (zinc oxide) and have only had a diaper rash a few times over 25 years. I use a dry 24/7 disposable as a diaper "liner" under a cloth pull-up diaper with plastic pants. It keeps poop off my cloth diaper, adds absorbancy, and prevents leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back