Drop your pants!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyMitchy

Est. Contributor
[video=youtube;FW4gSlIOQb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW4gSlIOQb0[/video]

Ok. I admit my true thoughts about Depends in this video.

Maybe I held back in the past.

I sometime wonder if depends understands anything at all about marketing and producing adult incontinence garments, as they can't seem to manage to do one thing right or in the instances they have by accident they "fix" it.

I kind of like their marketing. The problem is their products are useless.

As an incontinent person, I tried their male pullups, bot the fit flex and the real fit and honestly I can't understand who is actually supposed to use them. Anyone who is incontinent but to such a minor extent that depends pullups work for them is damn lucky in my view. Anything more than a small squirt and they leak. I have urge incontinence and an accident can be fairly low volume ( 3-4 oz) all the way up to losing nearly a full bladder. It depends (no pun indended) how how bad the spasm is and how full my bladder is at the time. I had a very bad public accident that prompted me to switch to diapers and it was when I was wearing depends. I had to walk through the mall with soaked pants.

Trickle incontinence only. No matter what product. *from depends Brand.

BabyMitchy said:
Trickle incontinence only. No matter what product. *from depends Brand.

yeah I agree a had to learn the hard way.

It's too bad because with their name recognition (Depends = Adult Diapers to most people in the US) combined with the gaping hole in the domestic market for actual quality adult diapers, Depends could totally dominate.

I still buy real fit underwear sometimes because I can get away with them some days especially when I'm not venturing too far from a toilet. When my incon first started I was mortified to buy these in a store. Now I really don't care about buying this stuff. I only order my good diapers online because it's the only place to get them. If depends made a diaper that compared to Abena or Dry 24/7 and sold it at the local Walgreen's I'd be all over it. Seems like they're just passing on a glaring opportunity if you ask me.

mikejames said:
yeah I agree a had to learn the hard way.

It's too bad because with their name recognition (Depends = Adult Diapers to most people in the US) combined with the gaping hole in the domestic market for actual quality adult diapers, Depends could totally dominate.

I still buy real fit underwear sometimes because I can get away with them some days especially when I'm not venturing too far from a toilet. When my incon first started I was mortified to buy these in a store. Now I really don't care about buying this stuff. I only order my good diapers online because it's the only place to get them. If depends made a diaper that compared to Abena or Dry 24/7 and sold it at the local Walgreen's I'd be all over it. Seems like they're just passing on a glaring opportunity if you ask me.

I dont think they care that they are "passing on a glaring opportunity" honestly, especially judging by their review comments from the recent backlash they have recieved for changing their maximum protection fitted briefs as they call them. They actually believe that those brawny paper towels with velcro tabs are useable as diapers when in reality they are probably the worst diaper money can buy, additionally they make a whole lot more money with the sub par product off people who dont know there are better products out there so while I use 3 premium diapers a day at 6-7 dollars a day people that buy depends may use close to an entire package a day so in their minds consumers would have to buy less of a quality product albeit a more expensive product therefore cutting into their profit margins. Sorry if this dont make much sense, every time I get a clear thought in my head I get distracted by someone else!

KenworthW900b said:
I dont think they care that they are "passing on a glaring opportunity" honestly, especially judging by their review comments from the recent backlash they have recieved for changing their maximum protection fitted briefs as they call them. They actually believe that those brawny paper towels with velcro tabs are useable as diapers when in reality they are probably the worst diaper money can buy, additionally they make a whole lot more money with the sub par product off people who dont know there are better products out there so while I use 3 premium diapers a day at 6-7 dollars a day people that buy depends may use close to an entire package a day so in their minds consumers would have to buy less of a quality product albeit a more expensive product therefore cutting into their profit margins. Sorry if this dont make much sense, every time I get a clear thought in my head I get distracted by someone else!

The funny part is they have fallen behind prevail and their generic clones in every way.

Their marketing is pretty funny to me; but totally missing their target demographic of the elderly and disabled for the most part. Who are they trying to appeal to? Teens and people my age?

Fun reaction to that by the way XD

Sheepies said:
Their marketing is pretty funny to me; but totally missing their target demographic of the elderly and disabled for the most part. Who are they trying to appeal to? Teens and people my age?

MY theory is they know that audience is already bound to something and they are hoping to get younger people before catheter people try to get them, so they are trying to make their product look like it's for younger people. Also while they have never outright said it, hard not to notice how their old product had waistbands that were colored not unlike pampers.... and now their new briefs have stars on them, so one has to wonder.

Maybe the want Kanye West to pick up their designer line of diapers.

It really was the most confusing advertising campaign I've ever seen. Depends is usually purchased by elderly. Most young people, especially those with incontinence only use them as a back up for emergencies, knowing that far superior products exist.

To quote the Angry Video Game Nerd...

What were they thinking?

Sheepies said:

They're trying to appeal to incontinent people who AREN'T elderly and disabled. Those of us in our 30's or even younger who are shocked to find ourselves having continence problems. I actually like their "underwareness" campaign.

Younger incontinent people are the forgotten demographic when it comes to incontinence. It's a big part of the reason so many people don't seek treatment. Too ashamed or emabarressed to go to the doctor with a problem that they're "too young to have". Anything that sheds light on the fact that incontinence affects younger people too is a good thing IMO......now if they'd just fix they're worthless products...

You brought it, Mitchy! I liked your video you did on ABDL awhile back, and I like this one, too. You're hilarious! Thanks for bringing a smile to my day!

JamieBoy

Depends is geared for the stress incontinence market, which is the group most likely not to pursue medical help. Even their tab briefs cannot handle a normal sized void. What I do not understand is why they have been successful for as long as they have.

People, even younger, think of any adult diaper as "depends". When we have had to get diapers for older family members, it was always awful performing depends. They have the name recognition and that's all that matters.

If they made great performing products, they would really have something! But , they won't for some reason.

The only time I have had depends I had to be like in a very specific position. And my small bladder would still make them leak. I'm pretty sure I could wear an abena while sitting upside down and it wouldn't leak!

​For a totally medically incontinent disabled guy like me, DEPEND "Fitted Briefs", and their "Adult Pull-Ups" are useless to stem the flow of my flooding and my mega-messing.

[video=youtube_share;Cn8sewuDbcA]https://youtu.be/Cn8sewuDbcA[/video]

I'm probably going to do an epic rap battle of like Bambino Diapers Vs. ABUniverse. The Bambino will be Italian and the Other will be like space related whether it be an alien or astronaut etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back