View Poll Results: Do you think America will be attacked?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 26.15%
  • No

13 20.00%
  • It's a possibility

33 50.77%
  • Other

2 3.08%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the U.S. will be attacked?

Default Do you think the U.S. will be attacked?

Do you think America will be attacked within the next 4 years? If so, where? (And maybe, what is the nature of the attack?)

This is just a question out of curiosity, not saying we're all going to die tomorrow.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for me, I think there is a strong possibility that something big will happen. I think it is very possible for some sort of bomb to go off in a big city, suck as L.A., Chicago, New York, or Houston.

It's always possible for something to happen, but I don't really foresee someone trying to start a war with us in this economy. Sure, wars do help the economy, but people don't really have a huge moral for wars as they used to.

as for me, i live near "Oak Ridge", one of the locations the atom bomb was made, so its kinda a target.

Like Pojo said it's always a possibility.

Anyway's I always thought that attacking major city's would really only affect people living in major city's, which it has pretty much. What would be much worse is a attack happening on a small town since let's face it the only city's getting the defense money is all the big city's.

Really the people worried about a attack happening on a major city watch too much T.V. It can't only happen to them it can happen anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by floydrox88 View Post
    as for me, i live near "Oak Ridge", one of the locations the atom bomb was made, so its kinda a target.

Why what that area be attacked? I don't think they still make make them there.

There's something out in the city of Livermore California I forgot what exactly but my dad described it as something big. I think it was a nuclear research place or something to that extent. However Livermore isn't a big place at all or that well heard of in today's world. So I never put much odd's on places like those being attacked.

While they were working on stuff in the 60's and 70's would of been the time to attack those places, but not now I think. However as for my views, nothing is safe and I dobut anything ever will be, asides death maybe.

Butterfly Mage

I think it's just a matter of "by who" not 'if". The big possibilities are:
    -- Islamic terrorism. Bush did just about zero for crushing terrorism, and the new president is unlikely to score any higher. We're so dependent on foreign oil and there are so many heroin addicts in this country that islamic terrorists will never run out of funding for their operations.
    -- Mexican terrorism: The Mexican govenment is on the verge of collapse and is basically under seige from the drug cartels. Once that government collapses entirely, the drug cartel will set their sights on the USA.
    -- Home Grown Terrorism: With Christofascism so powerful in the Red States, I have no doubt that the possibility exists that some "Christian Soldier" will do something really terrible in the name of his/her "god".

soren456

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    . . .
    -- Home Grown Terrorism: With Christofascism so powerful in the Red States, I have no doubt that the possibility exists that some "Christian Soldier" will do something really terrible in the name of his/her "god".
    I agree about that. But more likely assassination than an attack on a city, or a devastating attack on an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I think it's just a matter of "by who" not 'if". The big possibilities are:
    -- Islamic terrorism. Bush did just about zero for crushing terrorism, and the new president is unlikely to score any higher. We're so dependent on foreign oil and there are so many heroin addicts in this country that islamic terrorists will never run out of funding for their operations.
    -- Mexican terrorism: The Mexican govenment is on the verge of collapse and is basically under seige from the drug cartels. Once that government collapses entirely, the drug cartel will set their sights on the USA.
    I think there might be another possibility, similar to #3:

-- Patriot Terrorism: A person working for the U.S. government, or one of their allies is abandoned by the U.S. government. The person goes through some sort of trauma, and takes revenge on the U.S. government by attacking a major city, or assassinating the person in charge of the original operation.

Hey, it's a possibility.

--The Silent Assassin--

kitty0230

You forgot the possibility of the chinese or koreans launching an attack on us.