Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I a sissy?

For those who don't know, Sissies are men who dress as little girls while ageplaying. It's a rather interesting phenomenon to me.

Sissies are kind of fleeting. They're largely a hit with the older crowd who have always conformed to regimented gender roles. Reasons range from some feeling that an "inversion" of their identity helps to come to terms with regression, as they are interchanging both age and gender thus, taking on the role of entirely "someone else"; some... or most, of sissy men are looking for a cathartic release and a vacation far away from the machismo disposable-drone that was the model man of the 60's and 70's, and feel a part of them is still active when they ageplay; and a very small and particular few may be branching into the origins of transgender orientation.

The frills and lace also helps one feel cute. In way olden days, baby boys AND girls were put into dresses and it's not uncommon for a parent to "cross-dress" their child. Little girl clothing is far more decorative and fanciful and almost kind of baroque. It's the clothing equivalent of classical music. With the gender revolution the way it is, some may find the "caricature" dress-up game a little bit in bad taste, but that's far from anyone's intent. Sissies were always welcome in the ABDL landscape.

Sissy is a "controversial" word in modern kink-spheres as gender is bent beyond recognition today, even in a professional context. I have seen people get rude to sissy men who try to connect to the queer community, and I don't feel that's right. Gender bending is gender bending. A female in the 2000's is drastically different than females in the 1950's and 1960's, and its incredibly easy to spot as to why men envy the comforts of the feminine gender of yesteryear, where as today, there's NO difference between women and men's observed capabilities, physical or emotional. There are sexist dingleberries that like to hang-on, but they either shape up or ship out the tides of rolling generations.

As for me, even as a FtM, I may be branching out into a sissy role. As a male, grown male, and in regressive space, I am rather rigid within my own personal gender role, on the job, while in public, even head of household, etc. I do not hold others to the same standard at all. I don't look down on a man for being feminine or passive or a woman for being butch or aggressive. But within my own little life, I like to be a rather classic 1950's male with a life-risking job and a gentleman demeanor. I love dirty jobs and diesel trucks and a fast, dangerous life. And the more I gravitate towards that, the more a sissy role appeals to me. Plus, Mary Jane shoes and tights make me feel like I'm getting to be "dressed up", FAR more than suit pants do. I did have that in childhood and can confirm- it's great- and I will blame absolutely no one who wants to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    For those who don't know, Sissies are men who dress as little girls while ageplaying. It's a rather interesting phenomenon to me.

Sissies are kind of fleeting. They're largely a hit with the older crowd who have always conformed to regimented gender roles. Reasons range from some feeling that an "inversion" of their identity helps to come to terms with regression, as they are interchanging both age and gender thus, taking on the role of entirely "someone else"; some... or most, of sissy men are looking for a cathartic release and a vacation far away from the machismo disposable-drone that was the model man of the 60's and 70's, and feel a part of them is still active when they ageplay; and a very small and particular few may be branching into the origins of transgender orientation.

The frills and lace also helps one feel cute. In way olden days, baby boys AND girls were put into dresses and it's not uncommon for a parent to "cross-dress" their child. Little girl clothing is far more decorative and fanciful and almost kind of baroque. It's the clothing equivalent of classical music. With the gender revolution the way it is, some may find the "caricature" dress-up game a little bit in bad taste, but that's far from anyone's intent. Sissies were always welcome in the ABDL landscape.

Sissy is a "controversial" word in modern kink-spheres as gender is bent beyond recognition today, even in a professional context. I have seen people get rude to sissy men who try to connect to the queer community, and I don't feel that's right. Gender bending is gender bending. A female in the 2000's is drastically different than females in the 1950's and 1960's, and its incredibly easy to spot as to why men envy the comforts of the feminine gender of yesteryear, where as today, there's NO difference between women and men's observed capabilities, physical or emotional. There are sexist dingleberries that like to hang-on, but they either shape up or ship out the tides of rolling generations.

As for me, even as a FtM, I may be branching out into a sissy role. As a male, grown male, and in regressive space, I am rather rigid within my own personal gender role, on the job, while in public, even head of household, etc. I do not hold others to the same standard at all. I don't look down on a man for being feminine or passive or a woman for being butch or aggressive. But within my own little life, I like to be a rather classic 1950's male with a life-risking job and a gentleman demeanor. I love dirty jobs and diesel trucks and a fast, dangerous life. And the more I gravitate towards that, the more a sissy role appeals to me. Plus, Mary Jane shoes and tights make me feel like I'm getting to be "dressed up", FAR more than suit pants do. I did have that in childhood and can confirm- it's great- and I will blame absolutely no one who wants to go there.
    This is very interesting. I think, mainly, because I'm seeing someone on exactly the other side of the coin from where I am.

I'll be honest here -- I work as a computer programmer and I'm VERY good at that, but despite being 35 years old, I know ALMOST nothing about cars. Maybe it's too hands-on or mechanical for me? I dunno. But I can't even change my own oil. I wouldn't know where to start. I can do more basic maintenance like inflating the tires to the right pressure, and I have a ScanGauge and actually know how to use it (that came in handy recently as my starter battery was only giving 11.4 Volts just after driving the car... bad sign). I had to have it replaced at the dealership though, and at first they were treating me like I was just being paranoid since it hadn't actually failed to start the car. Then they mentioned those batteries tend to last about 4 or 5 years, and mine was 7.5 years old... hmmm... yeah, let's just wait until I'm left stranded somewhere. Or maybe it's a better idea to just replace it now. I had to go into some detail about how I measured the voltage with the ScanGauge, but that was enough to convince them that the battery is on the verge of failing. I had to twist their arm, but they did it. If I were presenting as a woman, I'd likely have had to twist their arm much harder. Not that I'd refrain from it... whatever it takes, squeaky wheel gets the grease, and all that.

Being a FtM sissy still makes a lot of sense to me. Your core personality is male but you like to indulge in more girlish things from time to time. To me that seems perfectly natural -- it's important for any guy to experience their "feminine side" now and then. At least IMHO.

You can't drive on the same battery for more than 6 years saffy. You're killing me smols

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    You can't drive on the same battery for more than 6 years saffy. You're killing me smols
    Yeah well I did. It never once failed to start the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphyre View Post
    Yeah well I did. It never once failed to start the car.
    Yeah, I've done well past 6 years too...

Only 2nd battery ever in my old BMW M5 its 17 years old now! Albeit it is a huge battery! and is only used in summer, battery tender on it all winter...M5 is not a winter car!

Anyhow!
    Back on the op's question...

Sissy means many things to different people...
    From just wanting to be more feminine...To actually identifying as female (either real age or regressed)

Labels are too restrictive, and if you thing your in any way sissified then your fine here, also lots of the girls like this forum as there is lots of more talk about dresses, girls, clothes, makeup, etc...

So, if you like reading here, and want to or do identify with the things talked about here, stay!

I myself from time to time like to girly out...but most the time don't...and am not transitioning...but during that certain time would call myself sissy...just not a big percentage...

Yet, I still read this forum more than most.

I'm a trans girl post opp for many years, I just live as a girl ....
    I sometimes wear lockable a diaper cover over tena pants maxi before i head out to work in a morning, i lock them with a chain and padlock and leave the key at home, so i can't change myself all day and i love it
    But i don't think i'm sissy, i lost like being locked into them so there is no way i can get them off Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17097461_10154949174876590_8120430542597671392_o.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	28760

Quote Originally Posted by OGDL View Post
    What does it mean to be a sissy? I like to wear or be forced into girls clothes. Do you think I am a sissy?
    Yes, I think you're a sissy. That doesn't matter, though... What matters is what YOU think. If you want to say, "I'm not a freakin' SISSY, I'm a Submissive Crossdresser!!!", I'd never dispute you Wanting to/fantasizing about being "forced" into girls' clothing is definitely a major trait of many sissies, but the same fantasy exists among crossdressers, transvestites, and even just "submissives" who otherwise don't gender-bend at all. Most of them do NOT call themselves, or consider themselves "sissies" even though they may share (some) signature "sissy" traits.

Call yourself whatever you like, but you'll always be welcome to call yourself a Sissy in my book, if that is something you actually want to do...

You pretty much described what a sissy is. You are definitely a sissy.