Status
Not open for further replies.

icklespace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
so I use instagram for my little stuff a just found out one of my college mates followed me I instantly blocked him im in total panic mode
I reall fucked in the head now

freind found my instagram

so I use instagram for my little stuff a just found out one of my college mates followed me I instantly blocked him im in total panic mode

If he knew it was you and He saw what you were doing on their and he still chose to follow you then it's pretty clear he knows your secret and he seems to be ok with it So you can either ask him about it or don't say anything at all and wait to see what happens you never know he might be one of us

Scary stuff, man. Does your Instagram have your name on it anywhere? Or is it perhaps linked to an email or another social media account?

I have a similar issue with my etsy account, as it's linked to my Facebook (or is it my Google+?) account. Someone whom I know started following me, and all I use etsy for is little stuff, among other kinks :p... But one, it's not someone whom I'm friends with, or even talk to at all, really. And two, she doesn't really have much of a connection to me. But I could see the small connections and how she could talk to someone and pass it on until it gets to my parents or old friends I used to know. It's not likely, but it's always good to take those precautions :p

I'm looking into how I can make that account a bit more private. Not sure if Instagram could help you there as it's a huge social media platform, unlike a shopping site like etsy...

im totally freaking out jumpy. I put my account on prvate its that stupid insagram thing where people on your facebook are in your suggestions

I put my account on prvate now but its that stupid insagram thing where people on your facebook are in your suggestions I fucking hate it ugh I don't have a profle pic but my neame is in my username a I got a less popular name so yeh

How much of a friend is this person to you I mean if he is a good friend then I can't imagine it being that much of an problem i've told a few of my friends and they're all okay with it and if he's not just don't be his friend anymore he has no evidence of it so if he wanted to tell anyone all he has is rumours which tends not to last longer as long as you keep denying them I am speaking from experience

that's what happens when you put your private life all over the internet.

icklespace said:

Hi icklespace

look it happens it just one click and it on your facebook. you need to be really careful as I have found out.

now if he says any thing you are going to need to be up front and honest with him. but hope fully he wont say any thing.

but you will be OK. just be honest with him.

Siysiy

siysiy said:
Hi icklespace

look it happens it just one click and it on your facebook. you need to be really careful as I have found out. Siysiy

its that stupid insagram thing where people on your facebook I don't even have them linked I don't knoe how they do it and I don't know how to get rid of it but its my second one wich got a "2" at the end so they can see my old one I had wich got pictures of me drinking from a sippy cup, a we drynight and me with a paci in

I believe is linked up through your email address or your username but live and learn

look, sometimes bad things happen and there's nothing you can do about it except make sure it doesn't happen again

and like I said before people finding out in the grand scheme of things won't affect you as bad as you think it might even be an improvement on your life
is best just not to make a big deal out of it

this makes you happy and it doesn't affect anybody else life's too short to worry about what people think

Note said:
Well what did you expect? Surely you thought before making an Instagram there was the possibility that someone could find out who you are. If you're willing to put up any identifiable information about yourself on the Internet, be prepared to get found out. What I'd do is remove everything, change my name then close my account and pretend like it never happened. And if anyone asks, tell them to provide proof. Not like it's any of their business anyway...

I wouldn't beat him up over it. A lot of these services aren't terribly clear about what they do with your information and how they make suggestions to other people. I had something similar happen on pinterest (though prior to doing anything embarrassing) where I made an account and it started randomly suggesting to my aunts and uncles to follow me, so I deleted the account.

icklespace said:
its that stupid insagram thing where people on your facebook I don't even have them linked I don't knoe how they do it and I don't know how to get rid of it but its my second one wich got a "2" at the end so they can see my old one I had wich got pictures of me drinking from a sippy cup, a we drynight and me with a paci in

So, first, depending on how the account suggestions are done, he may or may not have seen anything. Sometimes there's just a suggestion page that the person sees and thinks "hey, I'll follow my friend" but never really looks at anything. You might want to talk to him and just ask if he looked over your page, though it depends on the friend. If he's close enough of a friend that you can chat freely, then I'd say ask and see if it's something you can ask him to keep private if he did see things. If he's not that close, you might do better to err on the side of just letting it go and hoping nothing comes of it.

For the future, I'd recommend reading website privacy policies. They're dense and annoying, and I know nobody ever reads them, but the privacy policy is where this stuff is buried, and it actually is helpful to look it over if you're into something like ABDL where your privacy is important. Let's take a look at Instagram's and see if we can figure out what happened in this case.

1. Right off the bat, we can see that instagram has a gray box on that page announcing that Facebook bought them. That doesn't tell us how info is shared, but should immediately set off a red flag to look for sharing info with Facebook.

2. Under "info we collect" they list out info you provide in your profile. Specifically, it says "Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on Instagram." So you can see there that they're using any profile info you've entered to make the account show up to other people. One way you might handle this is to provide pseudonymous information, such as using your ADISC username rather than your real name and making sure that none of the profile info matches your Facebook profile.

3. They have a section titled "Finding your friends." So let's look at that closely. There are 3 ways they do it.
a. Contacts on your device: While I'm not entirely technically adept here, I think this means that if your friend has you as a contact on their phone, your instagram account might be searchable if there's any link to that contact info. I'm not quite sure how to avoid this, as they state lower down that they collect a unique device identifier. It might be prudent to avoid using the instagram app on your phone if your non-ABDL friends have you as a contact. At the least, make sure that none of the info that a friend would have as contact info matches info you give to instagram (again, use a pseudonym and don't give accurate personal info in your profile).
b. Social media: The primary thing here is to avoid connecting any social media to your account. You stated that you don't have Facebook linked to your account, so I'm not sure if this was the cause, though make sure your username and login for instagram are unique and you're not using a "login through Facebook" option, which will create a link that way.
c. Search on instagram: unlikely to be a problem, but make sure your account name doesn't match your real name or a pseudonym that you share with non ABDL friends just to be safe.​

4. Some of the technical stuff is less important, so let's skip down to section 3 about sharing your info. They state that they can share the info they have on you with any companies that are legally part of the same group as Instagram. That's a bit technical, but since we see that they're owned by Facebook, that's a way of seeing they'll share info with Facebook, even if you don't tell them you want to do that.

5. They also note in their sharing section that all user content (i.e. what you upload) is public unless you change your privacy settings, so one thing to do in the future on any service where you plan to put ABDL stuff is to make an account and then go browse the privacy settings before uploading anything.

6. That's the main stuff in the privacy policy. Let's skip over to the account settings info page just to get a full picture. Interestingly, under controlling your visibility it says you can only use the phone apps to make your account private, and you need to block users who were already following you to keep them from seeing private stuff (which you did). That's unusual to me, especially with the contacts list sharing above, it creates a weird situation where if you don't set the account private to start, you need to awkwardly block friends. It makes me think instagram just isn't very appropriate for sharing content only targeted to a specific audience. At the least though, once set to private, you'll have the opportunity to approve future follows, so you can prevent a recurrence of the problem.

7. But, nicely, there is a way to opt out of appearing as a suggestion to other people, which is exactly what you're looking for! Here's the instructions copied from their page.

When someone taps Follow on your Instagram profile, they'll see suggestions of similar profiles they might also want to follow, such as mutual friends or other people they might know. If you don't want these suggestions to appear on your profile, you can opt out:

Tap or click in the top right, then select Edit Profile
Tap or click next to Similar Account Suggestions, then click Submit
Keep in mind that when you opt out of account suggestions on your profile, you won't appear as a suggestion on someone else's profile either.

thank you archieroni

Try not to panic, but it's easier said than done. I know how I'd feel if that happened to me. My advice is just don't say anything and like all things it will pass. Remember too that none is perfect. I'm not, your not and neither is your friend. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back