Buying diapers online

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalicoSky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wondered if when you buy diapers online on a site such as Amazon if the boxes are marked when they come to your house? I live with my partner who doesn't know and I'd like to keep it that way. I've only ever used store brands such as depends and always discreet and I want to try a real diaper. I'm just worried that it'll be obvious what they are when they arrive. Thanks!

Usually if they are fulfilled by Amazon, they are put in an Amazon box. Also most diapers like Tena, Depend, might come in retail boxes.

Your best bet is to order from other reputable companies that specialize in the area like XP Medical. They have better brands. Better specialized customer service that understand that discretion is key.

Same here. Everything almost always come in an amazon box, or is otherwise not marked with easily identifiable info on the outside.

And you will be blown away when you finally get an actual diaper, and not that absorbent underwear crap.

Most of the time a site like abu or wearing clouds will tell you what they will come in and what they will say. I work for ups so I see a lot of packages and the only ones that you would know are diapers are the generic brands like tena and depends but most special suppliers you would never know unless you know what your looking for.

Most adult diaper retailers ship in discrete boxes.

I should also add that my partner and I share a bank account. I don't want him seeing where I purchased them on the statement.

CalicoSky said:
I should also add that my partner and I share a bank account. I don't want him seeing where I purchased them on the statement.

Well that means you are completely hosed. Usually the company you order from is named and even if it is TBHG (bambino diapers) you will be found out. Use a credit card or just tell your partner your desires.

Good luck,
Colin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's sold or fulfilled by Amazon it will be put in a discrete generic Amazon with no markings on the outside. Also no matter who the seller is it will either show a payment to Amazon or Amazon marketplace, but not the actual sellers name. If you order diapers I would also imagine Amazon would either ship the using either Fedex or UPS as the package would be fairly sizable. After you place the order don't forget to click the archive button so you can hide the order, and remember that Amazon keeps track of your search history but you can go into your account settings and remove your searches.

I might suggest sharing this information with your partner, as this secret can't remain secret forever. Just my two cents, of course, but love conquers all!

CalicoSky said:
Something is going to happen one day that will lead to your partner knowing.

Get your own credit card or something. Not everything has to be shared between each other.

Last week my four orders of Abri-form M4 X-Plus that I had ordered through Amazon was NOT discreet as it said it would be. It clearly had a huge blue "M" on each side of each box with the content listed on the side of each box for all my neighbors to see.

CalicoSky said:

Prepaid visa card may be the way to go there.

dlguy4life said:
Last week my four orders of Abri-form M4 X-Plus that I had ordered through Amazon was NOT discreet as it said it would be. It clearly had a huge blue "M" on each side of each box with the content listed on the side of each box for all my neighbors to see.

Did the item page say 'Shipped by Amazon'? If not, then Amazon simply sends the order to the seller. If the item page did say 'Shipped by Amazon', I'm surprised it came marked like that.

CalicoSky said:

Why don't you just buy them cash in the local supermarket or drugstore? That seems to me to be the easiest solution - unless, of course, you want a particular brand that they don't have.

FURRYWOLFZ said:
Most of the time a site like abu or wearing clouds will tell you what they will come in and what they will say. I work for ups so I see a lot of packages and the only ones that you would know are diapers are the generic brands like tena and depends but most special suppliers you would never know unless you know what your looking for.
Tranquility has a label on the box ,a small one but bright yellow it used to be white , My UPS guy knows exactly what he is delivering , but is very cool guy ,he even knows my aides hours and will carry them in for me, because I can't lift a case if he gets here too late he brings them in for me instead of putting a wall of diapers in front of my door.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

dlguy4life said:

Amazon will ship in their own box for smaller things because this allows them to standard pack their trucks. It's impossible to pack a truck with retail shelf packaged products. Larger things are not kept in their warehouses and are "drop-shipped" directly from their source's warehouse, so it will be in regular manufacturer's packaging. Which for most diapers, does list the contents. Discrete shipping of Abena products requires several layers of packing tape over a large amount of markings, or as most ABDL places do, take the bags out of the box, split and invert the box, retape it, repack. That's why "discrete shipping" usually costs an additional $5 or so, someone's gotta flip the box at the warehouse.

Once you flip the box or tape it over, it (obviously) becomes harder to identify and so they have to keep a little better eye on it before it goes out the door. We've all seen people complain about getting the wrong kind of diapers due to a shipping mistake. This is one factor that makes it more likely.

I recently got a case of MyDiaper Blue, and it came from across the pond. It was sign-for-delivery, so I had to go pick it up and sign for it at the post office. They'd placed a SINGLE layer of cheap thin mostly-transparent brown tape over ONE of the TWO "MyDiaper" labels on the box. And yes I had paid the $2.50 or so for "discrete packaging". Was NOT a happy camper over that.

jguy said:
Why don't you just buy them cash in the local supermarket or drugstore? That seems to me to be the easiest solution - unless, of course, you want a particular brand that they don't have.

All the supermarkets near me or any of the stores I've been to for that matter only sell the ones such as Depend, Always Discreet, store brand generics, etc...I want to experience wearing a real diaper that doesn't leak as easy as the store bought ones. I have bought from the store but they always leak.

bambinod said:
Prepaid visa card may be the way to go there.

Yeah. This is the answer, IMO. Back when I was in a mode of vigorously hiding it (which went on for about 13 years until some of my items were discovered), I would periodically buy prepaid VISA cards from the supermarket along with my groceries, thereby hiding my online diaper expenses. It works well, as long as you moderate your spending a bit.

Thanks for posting this. I had the same questions as I am also wanting to try a real Adult diaper. I have been disappointed with Depends Briefs and other generic brands. The CVS brand is good but it doesn't have shields. Thanks to the help on this side I think I will try the Confydry 24/7 first. After reading through this thread I will first look to XP Medical for ordering and shipping. I must have discrete shipping. Only my wife knows and I have a loaded house of 6 young adults.

I will say that I told my then girlfriend about my DL tendencies I think to see if it scared her off. She is a very compassionate person and we have now been married for almost 27 years. I wish you luck and I completely understand you need to keep it secret as I feel the same. My wife has been there for me through the years and is a hobby psychologist so we have had many conversations about coping and so on. She is not interested in DL or AB but is accepting. she is a keeper!!

Better check on the shipping before you order some people recently have gotten marked boxes from XP Medical !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back