Buying diapers online

Status
Not open for further replies.
bambinod said:
Amazon will ship in their own box for smaller things because this allows them to standard pack their trucks. It's impossible to pack a truck with retail shelf packaged products. Larger things are not kept in their warehouses and are "drop-shipped" directly from their source's warehouse, so it will be in regular manufacturer's packaging. Which for most diapers, does list the contents. Discrete shipping of Abena products requires several layers of packing tape over a large amount of markings, or as most ABDL places do, take the bags out of the box, split and invert the box, retape it, repack. That's why "discrete shipping" usually costs an additional $5 or so, someone's gotta flip the box at the warehouse.

Once you flip the box or tape it over, it (obviously) becomes harder to identify and so they have to keep a little better eye on it before it goes out the door. We've all seen people complain about getting the wrong kind of diapers due to a shipping mistake. This is one factor that makes it more likely.

I recently got a case of MyDiaper Blue, and it came from across the pond. It was sign-for-delivery, so I had to go pick it up and sign for it at the post office. They'd placed a SINGLE layer of cheap thin mostly-transparent brown tape over ONE of the TWO "MyDiaper" labels on the box. And yes I had paid the $2.50 or so for "discrete packaging". Was NOT a happy camper over that.
I see people reusing Pampers boxes to ship stuff in , so a box is a box , if your neighbors are that nosey to know it's diapers , maybe it's time to invite them over for some Lincoln logs build offs.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Paypal or visa gift cards then. Discretionary spending doesn't have to be a bad thing.

My wife and I have a joint account, but set up individual accounts too. We periodically add just a little here and there, and come birthdays or Christmas we can get each other big gifts without the purchase spoiling the surprise.

Edit, but yeah keeping this part of who you are from your own wife is a disaster waiting to happen. If you think she will react nagatively to you telling her, how do you think, she will react to stumbling on to them herself, come to a misconclusion about them, while also realizing you've been lying to her all this time?

At this point you have a hard thing to come clean about while also making that purchase, or a dumb move to keep making. Choice is yours.

I've used a lot of suppliers and they all come unmarked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back