Status
Not open for further replies.

FURRYWOLFZ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Does anyone have any tips for sleeping on your side in diapers.

Stuffers on each side along with plastic or PUL pants. I only sleep on my side and it rarely fails me, though I often wake up a little and I can roll onto my back for a minute just to be safe.

Vinylfeet said:
Stuffers on each side along with plastic or PUL pants. I only sleep on my side and it rarely fails me, though I often wake up a little and I can roll onto my back for a minute just to be safe.

I'll have to try that but it sounds kind of bulky and uncomfortable.

FURRYWOLFZ said:
I'll have to try that but it sounds kind of bulky and uncomfortable.

I don't know for guys, but for girls anatomically, putting a booster up front if there is a snug fit can stop leaks when on the side. Although I go to sleep on my back cause I also have bowel accidents in the night and if I move around it can spread do to avoid any uti's getting yourself to sleep one way is important.
I wear abena m4's with the booster and it isn't really uncomfortable or anything.

miapeters said:
I don't know for guys, but for girls anatomically, putting a booster up front if there is a snug fit can stop leaks when on the side. Although I go to sleep on my back cause I also have bowel accidents in the night and if I move around it can spread do to avoid any uti's getting yourself to sleep one way is important.
I wear abena m4's with the booster and it isn't really uncomfortable or anything.

I'm not sure if that would work for guys but i guess its all trial and error thank you

FURRYWOLFZ said:
I'm not sure if that would work for guys but i guess its all trial and error thank you

I also use plastic pants in case of a leak and for odor control, but if your leaking as frequently as you say plastic pants won't really help, but Vinylfeet's idea might work, the plastic pants are like a fall back, or fail safe

I find that if I sleep with my legs together, I am less prone to leakage than if they are apart. I don't know why this is so. I know they stay this way, though, because of where the cat is curled up.

miapeters said:
I also use plastic pants in case of a leak and for odor control, but if your leaking as frequently as you say plastic pants won't really help, but Vinylfeet's idea might work, the plastic pants are like a fall back, or fail safe

I may have to order some plastic pants to try out do you have any idea where i can get some that are softer and not like they are uncomfortable plastic

- - - Updated - - -

kerry said:
I find that if I sleep with my legs together, I am less prone to leakage than if they are apart. I don't know why this is so. I know they stay this way, though, because of where the cat is curled up.

never been good at that i move around a lot when i sleep for the first part of the night and once in awhile the rest

FURRYWOLFZ said:
I may have to order some plastic pants to try out do you have any idea where i can get some that are softer and not like they are uncomfortable plastic

Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to use anything else, I go for anything which could contain leaks odors, usually my bowel incontinence determines what I need. Even during the day plastic pants is a must. Maybe you could try something like xpmedical ......or even your local medical supply store might have.

miapeters said:
Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to use anything else, I go for anything which could contain leaks odors, usually my bowel incontinence determines what I need. Even during the day plastic pants is a must. Maybe you could try something like xpmedical ......or even your local medical supply store might have.

thanks for the suggestions

I roll a lot when sleeping. I always wear an insert in my diaper, and plastic pants. even with all this I still wet the bed, and my nightgown.

Cloth diapers are more reliable at night, as the sides are absorbent.

No diaper I've tried can contain a flooding whilst on my side so I wet while up or lying on my back and let it soak in before rolling on my side so the SAP in the diaper can hold it in place.

tiny said:
Cloth diapers are more reliable at night, as the sides are absorbent.

Thats what I've heard but I'm not really a fan of cloth diapers.

- - - Updated - - -

Nam Repaid said:
No diaper I've tried can contain a flooding whilst on my side so I wet while up or lying on my back and let it soak in before rolling on my side so the SAP in the diaper can hold it in place.

I know a lot of people like the SAP but I have found that the fluff filled diapers hold there shape better then the ones with SAP

- - - Updated - - -

alwayz said:
I roll a lot when sleeping. I always wear an insert in my diaper, and plastic pants. even with all this I still wet the bed, and my nightgown.

I guess it's all a trial and error kind of thing that you figure out what works best over time but I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem

Combining disposables with cloth and plastic pants works well also. It may be bulky, but it's better than leaking and you can get used to it eventually. You have to pick a con.

If you're truly incontinent, there will be some necessary lifestyle changes to adapt to it. Wearing diapers is one of those things, not sleeping on your side is probably another. Even if you're not IC, if you want to enjoy your diapers you probably need to quit trying to wet while on your side. Roll onto your back to warm up your diaper, let it settle a minute, then roll back onto your side. Or learn to deal with the inevitable.

Northshore size large stuffers are only 1/4" thick, so it isn't uncomfortable. Also, they carry the GaryWear PUL pants and they are wonderfully comfortable. I also put one more of those stuffers between the diaper and the pants to catch the bulk of leaks that breach the diaper. I get to reuse that stuffer several times on average.

bambinod said:
If you're truly incontinent, there will be some necessary lifestyle changes to adapt to it. Wearing diapers is one of those things, not sleeping on your side is probably another. Even if you're not IC, if you want to enjoy your diapers you probably need to quit trying to wet while on your side. Roll onto your back to warm up your diaper, let it settle a minute, then roll back onto your side. Or learn to deal with the inevitable.

Ya I'm not incontinent I just end up waking the very slightest amount and let go in what ever position I'm in I'll have to start watching it and rolling on my back to go

I switched to cloth diapers. Made life a lot easier.

I wear a diaper 24/7, I usually sleep on my back and frequently wet the bed, sleeping on my side leaks too. I think that my diaper sticks out of the plastic pants and when I wet, it saturates my bed. I am going to try tucking my diaper inside the plastic pants to keep the diaper from wicking outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back