Anyone else sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

africat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I've been fighting a cold over the Christmas holiday. My nose is full of gunk and my eyes are sore. I'm tucked into bed, in a diaper, sipping on honey tea and reading a book. I'm comfortable right now, but I hope I get better soon.

Is anybody else sick, right now? If you are, how are you making the most out of your illness? If you're not, what did you get up to, today? Happy holidays, everyone.

I had a cold earlier this month, but fortunately, it turned out to be rather mild in nature.

.Last Monday I awoke with a head cold but thankfully it ran it's course quickly and I was near normal for the weekend, Christmas.

I'm sick with a cold. I started coming down with it on Wednesday. I had to play both the Christmas Eve service and Sunday morning feeling like crap. Last night it went into the coughing stage. It's almost impossible to sleep with constant coughing. This morning it went into the lower track. Lots of fun. This is why I not only hate getting colds, but I also hate winter.

I have the flu. It really messed up my Christmas, but my family was nice and made me a meal that wouldn't upset my stomach. Finally past the fever stage, so I must be getting better.

Not yet, but I have been warned by several friends about a particularly nasty virus going around. o.o;;;

I'm sick - sick and tired of my economical/social situation.

Yep had a dodgy bit of pizzas [emoji487] last night and now seeing to much of my toilet [emoji372] room
Me thinks I'll put plastic pants over my night time diaper tonight just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parcelboy2 said:
Yep had a dodgy bit of pizzas [emoji487] last night and now seeing to much of my toilet [emoji372] room
Me thinks I'll put plastic pants over my night time diaper tonight just in case

:laugh:
i had a dribble, earlier on, too :sweatdrop:
with an irony, i'd just taken off a pair of training-pants, which i'd been wearing because of my arse abcess whilst i awaited my grocery delivery, when it happened. i was next to the bathroom, so it was just a side-hop onto safe ground. i think it was these antibiotics that i'm taking for the abcess; i'm used to my usual, two-a-day tablets (a breeding inhibitor), but these killler tabs have caught me off-guard a couple of times, not to mention being a pain to squeeze the four-a-day dose in between meals when it seems that i need to allow two hours before eating, rather then the one hour stated on the pack.

the abcess has plagued me for about a month, but it's origin goes back further and on the other buttock. no, it's never simple.
and, yep, i got the nasty flu/cold that's going around whilst suffering with the abcess. and that really pissed me off as i could no longer monitor myself for signs of blood-poisoning and made me an even more-than-the-usual grumpy, old bastard, for which i make no apologies to those who gave the bloody thing.
i think i've got another cold, but it doesn't seem too bad :fingerscrossed:.

anyway, my first day alone for xmas, i got to cream-up and wear a nappy and i then managed to drain some pus off. YAY! for a bit of privacy, at last! :yes:
more cream, more nappies and more draining ensued until it was much lessened and slowly draining itself; i've actually spent most of my time without any kecks on and dabbing away.

i've even had to resort to getting groceries delivered by Asda. thank feck for them :2thumbsup:
(but they didn't deliver the two-for-£4 CYO pizzas! the tikka masala meal with a cup of ale went down well, though :smile:. i'm just tempting fate, aren't i?)

strangely, my shoulders haven't been too bad, for winter, even though it was -6C at 22:00, tonight.

Thankfully no. My wife was terribly sick with the flu a week ago. but I did no get it.

It started in with the family about two weeks ago and I finally became symptomatic on the 19th. I had to take my brother to the ER because of breathing problems. By the time I got home I felt like crap. Got a call from my brother that night that he was positive for Influenza A (because of allergies he can not get the flu shot). I/the family did. The kids just had a few hours of the fever and upset stomach and a few days after words of the cough. The adults on the other hand cant shake it.

I had to take care of wife and mother-in-law while I was getting sicker. They do nothing but sleep and complain for 5 days. In the mean time I am living from one Cough syrup and Tylenol dose to the next cleaning the house and setting up for Christmas. When I am so sick I can hardly stand and said they where going to have to get out of bed and do some of the house work. They did it complaining the whole time until my wife realized how hot I was and let me finally take the evening to rest. The next day I felt like hell but the fever broke during the night. Now it has settled into my throat and I can hardly talk at all.

egor said:
It started in with the family about two weeks ago and I finally became symptomatic on the 19th. I had to take my brother to the ER because of breathing problems. By the time I got home I felt like crap. Got a call from my brother that night that he was positive for Influenza A (because of allergies he can not get the flu shot). I/the family did. The kids just had a few hours of the fever and upset stomach and a few days after words of the cough. The adults on the other hand cant shake it.

I had to take care of wife and mother-in-law while I was getting sicker. They do nothing but sleep and complain for 5 days. In the mean time I am living from one Cough syrup and Tylenol dose to the next cleaning the house and setting up for Christmas. When I am so sick I can hardly stand and said they where going to have to get out of bed and do some of the house work. They did it complaining the whole time until my wife realized how hot I was and let me finally take the evening to rest. The next day I felt like hell but the fever broke during the night. Now it has settled into my throat and I can hardly talk at all.

That all sounds terrible, egor. Get well soon.

Im down with a cold too. Sucks don't have the energy to do much.

Think I might be coming down with something now. -.-
I am so not looking forward to this.

Maxx said:
Knock on wood. Dodging microscopic bugs ninja-style so far.
I am sort of a shut-in, for the most part, rarely ever leave the house. So it's been like over 2 years since I been sick. But my Ex's mom has been sick since Christmas, kinda hard to avoid it. I got lucky the past couple years when everyone else was getting sick ... managed to avoid it. Only can get so lucky so many times rofl.

Well, it's certainly no longer "I think" ... it's more of a for sure now. >.<
What a total bummer. I hate getting sick, though I am sure just about everyone does.

Got bronchitis a few days ago and today I've mostly stayed in bed and surfed the internet (which is why I've been able to post more on this site :smile:). I'm usually good for an illness or two around this time of year.

i'm still sick, too :clap:

the cold is a bit persistant, but not as bad as last month's. there was a neat transition point when my snot became green and gooey and thickened enough to be that elasticky type that's fun to pull out. :biggrin:

i'm on my second course of anti-robotics for the abcess. got it draining well, with a bit of work (currently stewing it in my homemade cream before i'll wash and bleed it again).
mum saw my nappy-within-plastic-pants last night as it was on the floor, with other bloodied towels, awaiting the washing-machine, but she said nowt. :giggles:

at least i have a couple of nice conversation stoppers: "did th' do owt xmas day?"; "aye, i drained my abcess".
"did th' do owt New Year's Eve?"; "aye, i drained my abcess".
actually, i was draining it New Year's Eve into New Year's Day.

i'll be back :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back