Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else sick?

It started in with the family about two weeks ago and I finally became symptomatic on the 19th. I had to take my brother to the ER because of breathing problems. By the time I got home I felt like crap. Got a call from my brother that night that he was positive for Influenza A (because of allergies he can not get the flu shot). I/the family did. The kids just had a few hours of the fever and upset stomach and a few days after words of the cough. The adults on the other hand cant shake it.

I had to take care of wife and mother-in-law while I was getting sicker. They do nothing but sleep and complain for 5 days. In the mean time I am living from one Cough syrup and Tylenol dose to the next cleaning the house and setting up for Christmas. When I am so sick I can hardly stand and said they where going to have to get out of bed and do some of the house work. They did it complaining the whole time until my wife realized how hot I was and let me finally take the evening to rest. The next day I felt like hell but the fever broke during the night. Now it has settled into my throat and I can hardly talk at all.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    It started in with the family about two weeks ago and I finally became symptomatic on the 19th. I had to take my brother to the ER because of breathing problems. By the time I got home I felt like crap. Got a call from my brother that night that he was positive for Influenza A (because of allergies he can not get the flu shot). I/the family did. The kids just had a few hours of the fever and upset stomach and a few days after words of the cough. The adults on the other hand cant shake it.

I had to take care of wife and mother-in-law while I was getting sicker. They do nothing but sleep and complain for 5 days. In the mean time I am living from one Cough syrup and Tylenol dose to the next cleaning the house and setting up for Christmas. When I am so sick I can hardly stand and said they where going to have to get out of bed and do some of the house work. They did it complaining the whole time until my wife realized how hot I was and let me finally take the evening to rest. The next day I felt like hell but the fever broke during the night. Now it has settled into my throat and I can hardly talk at all.
    That all sounds terrible, egor. Get well soon.

Im down with a cold too. Sucks don't have the energy to do much.

Think I might be coming down with something now. -.-
    I am so not looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Knock on wood. Dodging microscopic bugs ninja-style so far.
    I am sort of a shut-in, for the most part, rarely ever leave the house. So it's been like over 2 years since I been sick. But my Ex's mom has been sick since Christmas, kinda hard to avoid it. I got lucky the past couple years when everyone else was getting sick ... managed to avoid it. Only can get so lucky so many times rofl.

After around 12-days of pretty severe head & chest cold/flu (some kind of virus) - I went in to clinic around 4-days ago and, left with a diagnosis of a bacterial pneumonia (atypical pneumonia) though, mild enough to not require hospitalization at this point; it is in both lungs still, a so-called walking pneumonia... I am on the cusp of greater severity.

Barring any significant reprieve tomorrow, when I go to get my second round of antibiotics; I may find need to return to the clinic for further evaluation...

I've had neither the influenza or a pneumonia vaccination this season; as I was already having respiratory congestion and, was waiting to be healthy enough to receive said vaccinations - I may have made the wrong decision in that delay...

Let's hope this goes much better soon...

To the remainder of you sickies... may you recover fully, in short order...
    To those not or, yet to be sick... may you stay well and prosper...

My best to you all,
    -Marka

I'm currently on the mend from my second cold / bronchitis this month! Gotta love two years olds, they just love to share... Germs.

Well, it's certainly no longer "I think" ... it's more of a for sure now. >.<
    What a total bummer. I hate getting sick, though I am sure just about everyone does.

Got bronchitis a few days ago and today I've mostly stayed in bed and surfed the internet (which is why I've been able to post more on this site ). I'm usually good for an illness or two around this time of year.