Vintage 1970's pampers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Does anyone here know of a company that sell's replica vintage 1970's overnight pampers? They were awesome very thick and I waddled like a duck. Yes I know they leaked a bit bit the way they fit was so comfortable.

I heard a rumour that someone made a replica of them but when I looked them up I couldn't find anything other Tha a picture of the diaper next to the original versions.

If this pans out to be true rather Tha another hoax then I would be interested in buying son if they are for real even though I wasn't born in the 70's as I was born in 1980, which would make me 36 years of age although if it's another hoax then I wouldn't be at all surprised as there was a similar hoax a few years back that I almost fell for.

However if I ever became a multi millionaire then I would found a company that would make diapers for people of all ages from 0mths to 100 yrs old and produce larger strollers for adults and other people who are disabled although those would be self powered for mobility reasons.

I would also have my company make everything for babies in adult sizes simply because they would cater for the needs of disabled and non disabled people alike and at the same time I would not have them too over priced.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

Rearz's Vintage are a 4 tape version of their excellent Safari, with a vintage art on the front panel for exactly that intent. Go take a look. They're quite nice.

Twee said:
Does anyone here know of a company that sell's replica vintage 1970's overnight pampers? They were awesome very thick and I waddled like a duck. Yes I know they leaked a bit bit the way they fit was so comfortable.

1970's... So you're talking about the ones that were essentially just a rectangle that was folded/pleated in the middle? Nuts. Old ABU used to sell an adult diaper like that, and I recently stumbled upon another seller, but I'm having trouble finding them now. Hopefully, with your clarification, somebody will jump in with a better answer.

I was a baby in the mid-to-late 70's, and was mostly diapered in cloth, but I know that I wore those old-style pleated Pampers on occasion when we were out and about. A few years later, when we were getting ready to go for a bike ride, my mom opened her bike bag and an old late-70's Pampers diaper fell out. It was that pleated style, but it did have tapes (it wasn't the original pin-on kind). My mom told me that it was a disposable diaper of the sort I'd occasionally worn as a baby. I think she sensed my unusual interest in it, however, as it quickly disappeared and was never seen again.

Cottontail said:
1970's... So you're talking about the ones that were essentially just a rectangle that was folded/pleated in the middle?

any of the disposable bed-mats should do, if that's the case.
my first adult dispy was one of those, in the 80s, as issued by the NHS and which i stole. it was essentially just a bed-mat with a tape on either side at one end, so that it could be used as a bed-mat or as a diaper. and it was green :bleh:

their was a company called Ables that made a flat fold adult diaper like the 1970's Pampers, but I'm not sure if they still make them or if their in Business anymore

Nothing is ever as good as we remember them to be. I would actually suggest you not ruin that experience you had and just go with something that comes close in modern terms. (probably confidry 24/7 with a booster for you)

- - - Updated - - -

Actually no. I've never been one to hold on to old stuff, just for the sake of holding on it.

I grew up in the 70's and early 80's so I used to wear those pleated, no-leg gather Pampers all the time. There was a company called Ambeze that made a similar adult diaper though they were not as thick as the Pampers. The truth is those old Pampers leaked, which is why Huggies and other brands came along with the leg gathers. Baby and adult diapers are so much better today than they were back then. Even if I had access to an adult sized version of those old Pampers, I wouldn't wear them because of the leak issues and my active lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back