Telling friends that you love diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've told a few close friends that I'm a bedwetter and wear goodnites at night. Never told them about the abdl thing or that it's actually diapers that I'm wearing

For me, it's on a need to know basis. If they don't need to know, I won't tell them. Two of my friends know I'm a Little, but not that I like diapers.
Maybe if the topic of fetishes ever comes up, but even then I'm hesitant on telling them that part.

I highly recommend not telling your friends. With the exception of my ABDL friends, there's only one friend who knows I'm an ABDL, and that was discovered by accident. Not a purposeful, coming out, "Hey dude. I just need to tell you I'm an ABDL and I like diapers" thing. So many people don't know that ABDLs even exist, and I imagine the vast majority of people would prefer to stay in the dark on this subject, especially if they aren't people who talk about sexuality or fetishes.

Telling them might lose their friendship. Remember, with BFFs, the last "F" stands for "False" in many cases.

Kieran said:
Well, I am around my friends an increasing amount.

I feel they have the right to know this kind of thing.

LOL Wut? You own your headspace. No one has a right to it. The only person who might have a right to know something like that, and I think this is even a maybe at best, is a spouse. Honestly even in committed relationships I think people are allowed to have some private thoughts. YMMV.

Kieran said:
I'd imagine this kind of thing comes up a lot.
you’d be surprised the lengths some us would go to then to avoid this ever coming up then.

I think everyone would love to be honest and open to their friends, and everyone wants to be accepted. That said sex stuff, and fetish stuff can be kinda tricky.

For example I have a very dear friend of twenty plus years. We've worked together over three jobs. He's the godfather to my oldest daughter. We are extremely close and have no secrets from each other at all.

That said he's gay and happily married. I've never asked nor has he ever shared any of the details of his sexual activities with his husband. I've never shared any of my interests with him. I'm certain he'd be super accepting because of who he is, but it's never felt right to do so. I think he suspects actually because he lived with us for a year (long story) and he likely heard my wife and I ... um ... playing.

It's kinda like ... this is gonna be a gross analogy so look out ... the shape, texture and content of my poops! If I had a problem with them I'd never hesitate sharing with him for advice or help, but if it's going well ... I really think it's TMI!

So if I felt I needed acceptance or I was having trouble emotionally dealing with this ... stuff, then I'd absolutely talk to him about it. Maybe you want acceptance, and that's cool. But unless your friends are super duper close, you have to realize that they might not be accepting, so...

I recently told two of my best friends I like wearing and using diapers. They were totally accepting and now don't care about me wearing around them. One even said he understands why, because they seem so convienient. I was careful about my approach, however. I prefaced it with the fact that they know I've been a bed wetter all my life, so being around diapers is nothing new to me. I said this to kind of gauge their reaction and they were super understanding. It is a nice weight lifted off my shoulders now that they know, because I can wear around them whenever I want and they'll be fine with it. I would suggest maybe alluding to diapers and seeing how your friends react, and based off that reaction, either do or don't tell them about your diapers.

Recently told a close friend of my interest in diapers, in the wider context of being more open about things to people I value, as holding secrets was becoming bad for me mentally. Was really unsure what to expect, but the reaction was hugely supportive.

I told one of my best friends that I liked to be a baby and wear diapers and that it made me feel happy and she was very supportive of it. I can't really explain why I told her because I don't really know. I suppose it was partly because in a way, hiding it from everyone made me feel like it was this dirty secret I had, and it caused me some stress thinking about being alone with it.

In my opinion though it depends what being ABDL means to you and how much of a part of you it is. If it's just a fetish and nothing more, I wouldn't recommend telling people unless it would cause legitimate problems keeping it from them, for instance hiding it from your partner could get problematic. If it's a bigger part of who you are then you could possibly consider telling them. Even then though, like others have said I think you need a reason to tell them.

From personal experience, I used to get very caught up in fantasies of what it would be like if people completely accepted it, and being open around them was a very attractive concept to me, but I think that caused me to get disconnected in a sense from how other people would see it. Having lived with being ABDL for a long time now I have a hard time understanding how people don't accept it and see it like I do, but ABDL and things surrounding it (particularly diapers) are something very far out of a lot of people's comfort zone and you need to consider that when deciding whether to tell people.

To sum it up really, I think it's up to you to weigh up the realistic benefits and risks from telling them and make a judgement whether to tell them or not.

I told a couple former roommates. I don't think the first one "got" what I was telling her; the second one definitely did, and her acceptance (and me subsequent wearing frequently at home) was just awesome. But beyond that, it's not the sort of thing that's ever come up. Why would it?

Why do you think you either have to tell or cover up?

I mostly use diapers at home & when I'm alone, which minimises the "risk" of someone finding out about it.
However, a few times I've hung out with friends while wearing, or even had surprise visits from friends/family members a couple of times, and only one friend has ever noticed.

Here's the deal: People generally don't look at your crotch.
If you wear jeans that aren't really slim, they won't notice unless they are purposely looking for it.
Sure, it might crackle as you sit down, but I promise you that you're the only one hearing it, or at least the only one noticing & thinking about it; unless of course they are purposely listening for it.

When my friend found out it wasn't the first time I wore in front of him, and he didn't actually hear nor see me wearing.
He came over to my place unexpected because there was something he had to talk about, and so we sat in my kitchen smoking a couple of cigarettes and talking for maybe an hour or something when he had to go to the bathroom. And I had simply forgot to put away my diapers so they were just laying there on the bathroom floor.

If he had found out about it a couple of years earlier (when I was insecure & actually cared about what people thought) I would have told him I was incontinent out of fear. But luckily I had stopped giving f***s.

So he asked me about it and I told him straight up that I enjoy wearing diapers, and that's it.
He said he felt kind of embarrassed and that he didn't know why he asked because it was none of his business, but I told him not to be because I personally didn't give a damn at all. He asked if I was cool with him asking a few questions, because he was curious, and I told him it was alright.

So he asked me a couple of questions like if I'm wearing right now, to which I said yes and that it wasn't the first time while hanging out with him.

We kept talking a little bit, and suddenly arrived at the most important part: He asked me why I was wearing.
The reason is simple. I wear diapers almost every day for the same reason my aunt is drinking beer every day, or the same reason my mother is knitting every day, or the same reason my brother is playing guitar every day. It helps me relax. To me personally, there's nothing weird with wearing a diaper, or knitting, or binge watching Breaking Bad if you feel like it pleases you. We all need to relax sometimes, and some things just helps us better than other things.

He also asked me if it was sexually, to which I replied "no".
Now to be honest it actually is a little bit sexual, but the reason I didn't tell him though, is because I don't believe anyone except the person I'm in a sexual relationship with has any right or reason to know what pleases me sexually (or of course you guys but you don't know me AND you're also into it in one way or another). Besides, it's not even remotely as sexually as it is relaxing. I'm not putting on a diaper just because I'm horny.

This really depends on if diapers are an integral part of yourself, OR a fetish. If it's only something you do at home as part of of your sexuality, then obviously your friends do not need to know. However, if it's a part of you then it should also depend on how close to them you are (and/or how much time you spend with them). If a significant amount, then yes you should tell them. Not for you, but so they can understand who you are and know you trust them with sharing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back