Plastic-backed diapers in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kieran said:
(Call me weird, I don't care) But adult diapers don't really have any designs. As an Adult Baby, I don't really fell like a baby wearing them.

Au contraire, my dear fellow. There are several adult diapers with plastic-backing and childish prints.

Save Express have a great selection. They're based in Germany, but (whilst we're still in the EU), ordering is just as easy as if it were a UK company (except for the dodgy translations). Look in the description for "mit folie" (plastic-backed) as opposed to "ohne folie" (without plastic-backing).

http://www.saveexpress.de/en/

The MyDiaper range comes in a variety of designs:
http://www.saveexpress.de/en/inkontinenz-einweg-disposable/windeln-pants-diapers/mydiaper

For example:
http://www.saveexpress.de/en/inkont...ue-nacht-windel-gr.m-blau-10er-packung?c=7601

mydiaperblauhinten_720x600.jpg

Kieran said:
(Call me weird, I don't care) But adult diapers don't really have any designs. As an Adult Baby, I don't really fell like a baby wearing them.

You've overlooked quite a selection! It's often been commented on "what a great time it is to be a DL", with all the wonderful products available. Both in performance and presentation.

If you're looking for a plastic-shell adult size diaper with a babyish design, you need only ask! You actually will need to narrow things down for us a bit in fact. Are you looking for infant, toddler, or training genre of print? There's quite a few of each type currently available. Rearz Vintage would be my first pick for a very early age diaper that has a very basic baby look to it or any of the all-white diapers such as bianco, Basic, or Simple, or maybe Bambino's Classico with the BABY blocks. Again with the Rearz Animals, crinklz, AwwSoCute kitten, bambino teddy have more colorful friendly but neutral designs for toddlers. ABU has a great selection of "bigger kids" diapers like the SDK, Space, and Preschool, or get more specific with say a girly Rearz princess. This is by NO means a complete list, jut a quick sample I can think of off the top of my head.

SO MANY great choices for us right now!

I do prefer that the prints are kept near the top of the diaper. I don't like a diaper covered in prints. YUCK ! :frown:

^ That description fits that of the diapers I wore as a child, between 1998 and 2001.

bambinod said:
If you're looking for a plastic-shell adult size diaper with a babyish design, you need only ask! You actually will need to narrow things down for us a bit in fact. Are you looking for infant, toddler, or training genre of print? There's quite a few of each type currently available. Rearz Vintage would be my first pick for a very early age diaper that has a very basic baby look to it or any of the all-white diapers such as bianco, Basic, or Simple, or maybe Bambino's Classico with the BABY blocks. Again with the Rearz Animals, crinklz, AwwSoCute kitten, bambino teddy have more colorful friendly but neutral designs for toddlers. ABU has a great selection of "bigger kids" diapers like the SDK, Space, and Preschool, or get more specific with say a girly Rearz princess. This is by NO means a complete list, jut a quick sample I can think of off the top of my head.

As for the specific type of print, I would like something at least somewhat reminiscent of the Pampers from the time period discussed above. During most of my diapered years, I was in Pampers, and the odd store brand.

Kieran said:
I do prefer that the prints are kept near the top of the diaper. I don't like a diaper covered in prints. YUCK ! :disgust:

^ That description fits that of the diapers I wore as a child, between 1998 and 2001.

As for the specific type of print, I would like something at least somewhat reminiscent of the Pampers from the time period discussed above. During most of my diapered years, I was in Pampers, and the odd store brand.

For a from-years-gone-by-look I don't think this currently can be beat: http://rearz.ca/product_info.php?products_id=1293

The print on the bags I got recently are a MUCH lighter pastel color than the images on the page, and I think it's better that way. These were specifically designed to look like Pampers from years ago. But they're a much better diaper, based on the Safari model. They've got long, wide, thick padding that wicks well AND is high capacity, as well as great leak guards and front/rear elastic waistband. (wore one last night actually, they're incredibly comfortable if you can take the bulk between your legs!) The art is only on the sturdy tape pane, the shell is all white and is a medium thickness PVC that's fairly soft and smooth but still pretty durable. The only thing not "vintage" about them is they have the adult four-tapes. (that stick VERY well and can be adjusted several times without concern) But I want a diaper that can perform properly, and unless I get my hips changed out for baby dimensions, four tapes it needs to be to be comfortable and not leak. Get a bag, you will not be disappointed.

Kieran said:
Hello.

Is anybody aware of any brands that still do the plastic-backed diapers? That was the type I wore as a kid.

I currently have to make do with the cloth-backed ones. :sad:

I am not a large-bodied person (At 18 years old, I stand 5'9'' and weigh only about 9 stone). So, the regular kids diapers will do me just fine.

I live in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, if that is any help.

Can't speak for the UK, but here it's Attends Healthcare or online for plastic backed, I think europe has different attends though

bambinod said:
For a from-years-gone-by-look I don't think this currently can be beat: http://rearz.ca/product_info.php?products_id=1293

The print on the bags I got recently are a MUCH lighter pastel color than the images on the page, and I think it's better that way. These were specifically designed to look like Pampers from years ago. But they're a much better diaper, based on the Safari model. They've got long, wide, thick padding that wicks well AND is high capacity, as well as great leak guards and front/rear elastic waistband. (wore one last night actually, they're incredibly comfortable if you can take the bulk between your legs!) The art is only on the sturdy tape pane, the shell is all white and is a medium thickness PVC that's fairly soft and smooth but still pretty durable. The only thing not "vintage" about them is they have the adult four-tapes. (that stick VERY well and can be adjusted several times without concern) But I want a diaper that can perform properly, and unless I get my hips changed out for baby dimensions, four tapes it needs to be to be comfortable and not leak. Get a bag, you will not be disappointed.

I do actually really like the look of those diapers.

Only problem is that is still live at home with my parents... Delivery could be an issue.

Last edited:
I am currently babysitting a kid in nappies.

Her nappies are, indeed, plastic.

I don't know where they're from (they're kept in a drawer, no sign of any packet). They're probably a supermarket brand.

jguy said:
I use Certainty - they are plastic-backed

Is there a specific Certainty diaper you use? Because when i googled them, the ones that i saw the package says "Clothlike Outer Fabric"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back