Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello.

Is anybody aware of any brands that still do the plastic-backed diapers? That was the type I wore as a kid.

I currently have to make do with the cloth-backed ones. :sad:

I am not a large-bodied person (At 18 years old, I stand 5'9'' and weigh only about 9 stone). So, the regular kids diapers will do me just fine.

I live in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, if that is any help.

Your about 16yrs to late

pampers4U said:
Your about 16yrs to late

I know! Total nightmare!

I have heard that some supermarket-own diapers (which are usually rubbish!) are plastic. Beyond that, I'm not too sure.

Around 2005, for example, Tesco (a supermarket chain in here in the UK) did plastic-backed diapers (I had younger relatives whom were in them). I have no idea if they still do them like that.

I would settle for anything of the 'cloth-plastic hybrid' material. I'm sure you guys will know the sort I am referring to.

The last readily available in retail US adult incontinence brand recently gave in with their plastic-backed diaper. Not that many ABDLs liked Depends Protection with Tabs but I will miss them despite their limitations and failings. I'm not aware of any store brands in the UK that are plastic-backed; I think we were the holdouts.

Online ordering seems to be the only way to go if that's important to you. There are quite a few ABDL diaper options these days and almost all of them are plastic-backed (thankfully!).

Trevor said:
I'm not aware of any store brands in the UK that are plastic-backed; I think we were the holdouts.

Well, there's still a few supermarket brands I have yet to try.

I heard somewhere that Toujours (sold only in Lidl supermarkets) do a 'cloth-plastic hybrid'-type nappy.

Looking at the pictures, I can't actually tell what material those nappies are made from.

Perhaps if I uploaded pictures, you guys might be able to tell?

Kieran said:
Well, there's still a few supermarket brands I have yet to try.

I heard somewhere that Toujours (sold only in Lidl supermarkets) do a 'cloth-plastic hybrid'-type nappy.

Looking at the pictures, I can't actually tell what material those nappies are made from.

Perhaps if I uploaded pictures, you guys might be able to tell?

It's difficult to tell from a picture of a diaper. The packages themselves typically use words that will give it away, such as "breathable" or "refastenable tabs".

Trevor said:
It's difficult to tell from a picture of a diaper. The packages themselves typically use words that will give it away, such as "breathable" or "refastenable tabs".

Well, I see these nappies in the shop from time.

From what I've seen, there is no mention of either of the things you said.

I will show a picture of the Toujours nappies, just in case.

Here: (sorry if a bit small)

ib6b94.jpg

I don't know if anybody would be able to tell from that?

I also heard that the The Co-Operative supermarket chain do plastic-backed nappies. Not too sure though.

Also, I think the chain Wilkos might do one of the 'cloth-plastic'-hybrid variety.

Kieran said:
Well, I see these nappies in the shop from time.

From what I've seen, there is no mention of either of the things you said.

I will show a picture of the Toujours nappies, just in case.

Here: (sorry if a bit small)

View attachment 28175

I don't know if anybody would be able to tell from that?

I also heard that the The Co-Operative supermarket chain do plastic-backed nappies. Not too sure though.

Also, I think the chain Wilkos might do one of the 'cloth-plastic'-hybrid variety.

I can't say for a certainty but those sure look like clothlike covers to me. Looking at them, I realize another tip-off is muted colors. Plastic backed diapers can be bright but the clothlike layer makes any brightness of art difficult to achieve.

I use Certainty - they are plastic-backed. And I purchased separate Euroflex plastic pants and bloomers as extra outers. That works fine. Hard to believe you cannot find a plastic-backed brand in your town, though.

Hi there's a uk web site called cuddlz, you'll get plastic backed nappies there. I Use them regularly

Looking at getting some Tena slip... they're pe backed. Maybe 6+ pampers will fit? Let me know! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Tesco Value nappies might be plastic-backed... Not 100% on that though...

I don't know of a single child/baby sized nappy in the UK that is still plastic backed. For adults on the other hand - the market was going towards cloth until about two years ago, when virtually every manufacturer brought plastic versions back. So if it's an adult's size you are looking for, there are no end of options now in the UK!

I can not help you because I do not really wear nappies at the moment. Though it is nice to see someone else living in Briton

JoJo1993 said:
I don't know of a single child/baby sized nappy in the UK that is still plastic backed. For adults on the other hand - the market was going towards cloth until about two years ago, when virtually every manufacturer brought plastic versions back. So if it's an adult's size you are looking for, there are no end of options now in the UK!

As I said, I think the Tesco Value ones are plastic-backed. Or at the very least, were until recently. The child on the packet is wearing a plastic nappy.

I think the ASDA Smartprice Unisex nappy might be plastic, based on reviews of those nappies.

Anyway, I don't think 'adult size' would do. I'm not a big guy!

Last edited:
You will definitely fit in Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi Small :)

JoJo1993 said:
You will definitely fit in Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi Small :)

Okay.

Though, TBH, I do prefer the children's nappies.

Have you considered Attends with Waistband? Those are plastic-backed, but I heard the padding isn't as thick as it was and they also clump alot. I bought a pack to wear overnight last year and they were so noisy that I couldn't fall asleep in them! My waist is a couple of inches smaller than the 32"-44" recommendation, but with three tapes on either side (another feature that's hard to find) getting them to fit correctly wasn't at all an issue. Actually I think the plastic-backed Attend were some of the most secure feeling diapers I've ever worn, and I'm currently in Abena M3/M4. Good luck!

inconsurferdude said:
Have you considered Attends with Waistband? Those are plastic-backed, but I heard the padding isn't as thick as it was and they also clump alot. I bought a pack to wear overnight last year and they were so noisy that I couldn't fall asleep in them! My waist is a couple of inches smaller than the 32"-44" recommendation, but with three tapes on either side (another feature that's hard to find) getting them to fit correctly wasn't at all an issue. Actually I think the plastic-backed Attend were some of the most secure feeling diapers I've ever worn, and I'm currently in Abena M3/M4. Good luck!

As I said, I do prefer the kids diapers.

(Call me weird, I don't care) But adult diapers don't really have any designs. As an Adult Baby, I don't really fell like a baby wearing them.

I'm guessing the diapers you wore as a baby had designs on them then. Have your looked at bambio? The have an ok fit IF you purposely wear them one size too small.

As a baby, my diapers were all white plastic. The best ones out there to being the same as this is confidry24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back