Wearing and changing disposable briefs at the gym

Status
Not open for further replies.

chestnut7718

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have to wear adult briefs/diapers all the time after an accident four years ago. I was in physical therepy and had to wear them during the exercises. At that time, I couldn't even feel them on. I have recovered except for incontinence. Perhaps as a compensation, I go to the gym and lift weights etc. I was wondering if any of you wear protection to a gym and what problems you have experienced. I don't use the stairmaster. I have a locker of my own and keep supplies in it so I don't have to bring the briefs along every time. Has anyone had any particular exercises where one leaks or soils? Has anyone had any runs in - either with the management or other members? I don't shower there for obvious reasons but may gain the confidence one day to do it. I would also like to use the pool and have several pairs of swim diapers but am pretty scared to use them. When one's' outer suit it wet, it's pretty easy to see the outline of even an unused brief. What are you thoughts?

Reactions: Canadianfalls and Fullpants
chestnut7718 said:
I have to wear adult briefs/diapers all the time after an accident four years ago. I was in physical therepy and had to wear them during the exercises. At that time, I couldn't even feel them on. I have recovered except for incontinence. Perhaps as a compensation, I go to the gym and lift weights etc. I was wondering if any of you wear protection to a gym and what problems you have experienced. I don't use the stairmaster. I have a locker of my own and keep supplies in it so I don't have to bring the briefs along every time. Has anyone had any particular exercises where one leaks or soils? Has anyone had any runs in - either with the management or other members? I don't shower there for obvious reasons but may gain the confidence one day to do it. I would also like to use the pool and have several pairs of swim diapers but am pretty scared to use them. When one's' outer suit it wet, it's pretty easy to see the outline of even an unused brief. What are you thoughts?

Not really sure about the gym, I started doing some exercises at home to keep fit a little.
But I did start going swimming regularly, yeah it's scary at first, . I used a combination of two swim diapers to avoid any risk of leaks cause containing the bm is the most important thing. The pool has to allow swim diapers, I used a pool which had a handicap class or something so they allowed swim diapers. It does show quite a bit, but no ones there to judge. It felt odd being in swim diapers, when I had a bm accident I immediately stopped swimming and got out. Didn't even want to see whether there was a bulge or anything I just frantically left to change, I did get a few stares when I left for the toilets the diaper probably showed more than I thought, at least I think so, I didn't notice anyone else with a swim diaper, maybe there were I don't know. When your in a pool get out when you have an accident ASAP. Also in an earlier thread someone pointed out that if your stool is generally not exactly solid but more loose you probably shouldn't use the pool. swim diapers are more for containment of solids. I felt a little bad about having urine accidents if I did, but nothing to help there.....
Other than the accidents I enjoy the pool, it's a really great workout. Having a bm in the water can be scary as hell but you learn to deal with it.I always wanted to do some fast paced sport like tennis or badminton but with diapers it seems impractical.
But swimming is great. If possible you should consider it.

I have used the pool with adult taped briefs. The cold water tends to make me have a bm which is an issue. Need to do enema before. I was at the beach last summer and also needed to change. I had to walk very far down the beach to not get noticed. I wear 24/7 small confidry as much as finances allow. I sometimes even forget I am wearing an incontinence pad with that brand. Have you tried these briefs?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever tried abena fecal pad - they are green? THey have really high guards which contain feces even after sitting. They can also be removed and reapplied in a stall so one can keep on the same brief all day and not deal with tapes and noise, etc.

chestnut7718 said:
I have used the pool with adult taped briefs. The cold water tends to make me have a bm which is an issue. Need to do enema before. I was at the beach last summer and also needed to change. I had to walk very far down the beach to not get noticed. I wear 24/7 small confidry as much as finances allow. I sometimes even forget I am wearing an incontinence pad with that brand. Have you tried these briefs?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever tried abena fecal pad - they are green? THey have really high guards which contain feces even after sitting. They can also be removed and reapplied in a stall so one can keep on the same brief all day and not deal with tapes and noise, etc.

My bowel moves when it wants, don't think/know whether cold water has anything to do with it.
I've tried it some time ago, I'm using abena m4's now, it's perfect for me, no major leaks or anything except for the night sometimes. I tried Abu simple's for the night as someone here suggested it and it's really good, I'll probably use that for the night. I also have a bm nearly every night, that's when I'm most prone to rashes cause I don't wake up for it, I sleep through the bm I don't know how. But my obsessive cleaning really works well, I've avoided so many potential rash situations.
Never tried fecal pads, do they really work? The m4's do a pretty good job but there are days I get two bm's and the diaper gets really really filled up :( , happened when I was out once on the bus home had to walk around in it.. Ugh...I don't know if it's worth spending on or not...

Has incont. killed your sex life as it has mine? I'm ED also so that doesn't make things better. I used to be gay but haven't been with a man since my accident.

chestnut7718 said:
Has incont. killed your sex life as it has mine? I'm ED also so that doesn't make things better. I used to be gay but haven't been with a man since my accident.

I guess it has, though I have a lot more years ahead of me so can't really say. But I don't really crave for one, during high school a lot of people wanted to go out with me but forgot about it as soon as they knew about my incontinence. It sucks but it is what it is.

I have met up with dl men but again even they don't want to be around someone whose double incont.

Unless if you use some type of P.E. shorts over the pull on, that's why I don't like tabbed diapers.
I used to wear Reebok bikini type underwear over the Prevail pv511 pull up s.

I ways wear confidry diapers everywhere I go. The gym and physical therapy Included. Though I wear a swim diaper in the pool of course.

I also just change my diaper at my locker too. Yes some will stare, but I stopped caring a long time ago.

I also do gym and PT. I also wear an adult swim brief in pool. - Discovery trekkers. Confidry are great and I have a pack for times when I really won't be able to change my brief - I don't have enough sensation to toilet. Can't often get erections either, although I hear they cause leaks in adult briefs.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
I'm all irregular gym goer but when I go I wear a pull up and only stay for 40 minutes to an hour or so. I pull on another pull up after I've showered. It has been noticed rarely but not to any comment. At a more convenient time I change it for a happy. I've played football and tennis with a nappy on, though it is inhibiting, so haven't played as much as id like to. Of I'm going swimming (rarely) I make sure I have a deep clean enema beforehand. I don't have full bowl incontinence like some of you, but have been supposed to occasionally find some minor soiling when I've changed my nappy so its Best to be sure there won't be any accidents.

The pool diaper I use contains bm's but let's urine pass. It's a cloth pool diaper. I wear diapers to the gym all the time. I never have a problem. My gym has a family changing room I use.

mrogers said:
I'm all irregular gym goer but when I go I wear a pull up and only stay for 40 minutes to an hour or so. I pull on another pull up after I've showered. It has been noticed rarely but not to any comment. At a more convenient time I change it for a happy. I've played football and tennis with a nappy on, though it is inhibiting, so haven't played as much as id like to. Of I'm going swimming (rarely) I make sure I have a deep clean enema beforehand. I don't have full bowl incontinence like some of you, but have been supposed to occasionally find some minor soiling when I've changed my nappy so its Best to be sure there won't be any accidents.

I use the pool regularly and use swim diapers, an enema would be really convenient and the best option, unfortunately I can't use it for medical reasons.... I've had surgery before and some other complications, anyway I use a disposable swim diaper and another swim diaper over cause my bm's are a lot usually, it works well, but if you have soft/watery stool a diaper won't work, luckily I don't.
I'm not really a gym person but do a few exercises at home. I usually wear abena m4's all the time. Only swimming is the exception.

I wear a diaper because of urge urinary incontinence; and I work out regularly at the local university athletic centre. I have my own locker; and when I get to the gym, I take off my street clothes and put on my gym shorts and t-shirt. I wear a pair of jockey-type underpants over my diaper, but they do little to conceal the padding underneath. After I've worked out, I shower. The athletic centre's showers are inside stalls with doors that close. Before starting to shower, i take off the diaper I wore during my work-out. Afterward, while still in the shower stall, I put on a new diaper with my underwear over it. Then I return to my locker and put on my street clothes. I'm pretty sure that anyone who paid any attention at all to my underwear while I'm changing my clothes would realize that I'm wearing a diaper. However, none of the other guys has ever said a word about it.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back