Problems with M4s

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAndBlue

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I haven't run into these problems regularly before but my last case of M4s have had some issues.

1. The front of the diaper is splitting some time in the night. It splits a few inches from the top and then goes straight down a few inches. Not every night but fairly often. I have a northshore booster inside and boxer briefs over to keep everything in place.

2. There must be a pin hole near the rear of the diaper. I read about m4s having this problem in the past but these all seem to be in the same spot. If I am very wet in the morning, there is often a wet spot in the middle of the seat of my boxer briefs. It always seems to be in almost the exact same spot. The leak couldn't be from the leg gathers (normal culprit) because it is isolated as a small wet circle in the middle of the seat.

Anyone else running into this, have suggestions to fix it, or did I just get a bad box?

RedAndBlue said:
I haven't run into these problems regularly before but my last case of M4s have had some issues.

1. The front of the diaper is splitting some time in the night. It splits a few inches from the top and then goes straight down a few inches. Not every night but fairly often. I have a northshore booster inside and boxer briefs over to keep everything in place.

2. There must be a pin hole near the rear of the diaper. I read about m4s having this problem in the past but these all seem to be in the same spot. If I am very wet in the morning, there is often a wet spot in the middle of the seat of my boxer briefs. It always seems to be in almost the exact same spot. The leak couldn't be from the leg gathers (normal culprit) because it is isolated as a small wet circle in the middle of the seat.

Anyone else running into this, have suggestions to fix it, or did I just get a bad box?

I used to use m4's in the night. I wear plastic pants cause my bowel incontinence happens during night as well, so last month I found the plastic pants were wet in the morning, and the diaper wasn't soaked as much. it happened around three or four times last month. But the ones after that were fine, though now I wear ABU's at night, can cope with any heavy accidents,. But during the day m4's do great, they haven't split or anything. One time during the day after a bm one of the tapes came off cause it was already soaked as well, luckily I had plastic pants on. The m4's quality isn't 100% perfect but they are still quite good...maybe you got a bad batch.

FINALLY, I'm not the only one! SAME AREA-SAME PROBLEM! I thought it was because i got them through ebay cheaper and that maybe they "expired". So far, out of a case, 6 tore. That may seem minor-bullshit! They're EXPENSIVE!

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Not mention: what a MESS!!!

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Yeah. I dont know why it's happening. I'm not very happy about it though

This is a common problem, that is easily solved. If your diaper is splitting open it's because you're wearing one size too small.

The reason it happens is because of how the diaper is cut and contoured. Taping it on a little looser won't help much because it still has the same smaller cut. When the diaper gets wet it swells. When it's already on too tight, that swelling will often make it burst open. Also common to this is having the diaper leak over the top.

The solution is as easy as going up one size. Remember, a properly fitted diaper will extend up to your actual waist line (near your belly button). The side panels will also have two or more inches of overlap too. And when taped on, the diaper should be snug but not tight. This leaves enough room for the diaper to expand when wet, and still not leak or burst open.

I have worn Abena X-Plus (M4) pretty much 24/7 for both bladder and bowel incontinence for the last 12 years. I have never once had one split. I have had that problem with Molicare, both super and super plus, but never with Abena. I would say that you have a bad batch, or don't have the correct fit. I have had pin hole leaks a few times over the years, and have had some issues with the tapes popping off, or not sticking well, or ripping from the back part of the diaper, but that has become very rare in the last few years. Overall I have been very happy with the quality of Abena for the last decade, sure there are other diapers out there that are better in certain situations, either more absorbent, or thinner, but day in and day out Abena has never failed me. Just my $0.02.

I wear M4's when I can afford them. Never had any major issues. The only times they leaked were my fault (not checking if I need to be changed) personally I think they're one of the best adult diapers on the market

I really like L4's. They are pretty comfortable and hold a decent amount. I also think they are some of the best diapers on the market.

I wear a 31" waist so I should be well within the m4 range but I have never tried the L4. I tried a large northshore supreme but it was way too big. Im about 5'10" though. Could it be a height thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back