Actually Incontinent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jamie72 said:
Do you regret it? I do not, makes life much easie and less stressful - I wear high capacity so that I do not leak

No I don't regret it. I would have lost what remaining control I had in any case as my diabetic related neuropathy slowly got worse. In my mind I was just prolonging the agony trying to stay dry and often failing. Now I wear nappies all the time and just get on with life.

I'm certainly not faking it and I don't claim to be incontinent. I just leak urine sometimes and that might have come from childbirth. Lots of women leak urine I've read and it's far common with childbirth. If I really wanted to wear protection for my legitimate urine leakage, I would be wearing a pad if I were a non ABDL.

Doesn't surprise me anymore when anyone accuses others of faking it. I have seen it with autism and I have heard about it with schizophrenia and now this so nothing surprises me. I am sure deaf people have accused other deafies of faking it. I am sure it happens with every disability including medical issues.

AnalogRTO said:
Incontinence, why in the world would anybody want to fake this? It sucks being incontinent! Think about all the crap that goes with it--having to keep a change with you, the cost of diapers, how much suitcase space it takes up when you go on vacation, worries about leaks, trying to keep hygiene done well, the list goes on.

I can see someone lying about having this in real life to explain their diapers because they don't want them to know they actually have a diaper fetish or that they just choose to wear them.

Calico said:
I can see someone lying about having this in real life to explain their diapers because they don't want them to know they actually have a diaper fetish or that they just choose to wear them.

Agreed. While I personally would NEVER pretend to be medically incontinent when the fact is I'm not, I just have a diaper fixation/fetish....I can have a bit of sympathy for those who do, even though I don't condone it. Society is much more lenient on those who have physical problems and rather harsh on those with emotional/mental/spiritual problems. The underlying unspoken assumption is that most physical disease is 100% "not your fault" whereas more non-tangible issues are 100% "your fault" and you can "snap out of it" if you really want to. However I believe in reality it is not so cut and dried. I believe honesty is ALWAYS your best bet when it comes to this, yet I can totally get why some DL would be tempted to claim to be incontintent.

I'm not into diapers in a fetish sense at all AB or DL, at most they'll compliment another fetish for me like asylum kink. (So I guess I'm a DL when I'm in my straitjacket?) but otherwise I'm here for my IC and talking to y'all diaper nerds so I can always have the best product for me.

Yeah I could see that too. Being a DL is no more of a choice for most of us than being medically incontinent. It really is 100% NOT our fault. It is however a mental need which is no less important than a physical need.

With this in mind I can see saying you're incontinent would get across the same idea of need, even when you truely aren't. Being both a DL and incontinent myself I don't take offense to someone saying this. However, it is still an incorrect description anyways, and I would still prefer others were more precise with their explanation of why they wear. Saying your a DL or even an SD is much more accurate and correct, even if general society has misconceptions for what that is, it really is a poor excuse not to.

Slomo said:
Yeah I could see that too. Being a DL is no more of a choice for most of us than being medically incontinent. It really is 100% NOT our fault. It is however a mental need which is no less important than a physical need.

With this in mind I can see saying you're incontinent would get across the same idea of need, even when you truely aren't. Being both a DL and incontinent myself I don't take offense to someone saying this. However, it is still an incorrect description anyways, and I would still prefer others were more precise with their explanation of why they wear. Saying your a DL or even an SD is much more accurate and correct, even if general society has misconceptions for what that is, it really is a poor excuse not to.

SD? I've not heard that abbreviation before, what does it stand for?

I'm not incontinent but have been wearing diapers 24/7 for about 2 1/2 years. Everybody has their own things they enjoy and mine is diapers. I would never claim to be incontinent because I think that would kinda make the truly incontinent people feel bad. My $.02

ClickyKeys said:
SD? I've not heard that abbreviation before, what does it stand for?

Sexual Diapers (or diaper fetish). We would have used DF, but the diaper furs already have it.

- - - Updated - - -

Marka said:
Maybe we'll call it EI or, EIC... Emotionally Incontinent? I don't put much into it for myself... I have had the IC and the DL, for as long as I've had 10-toes... Actually, the DL seems to have waned considerably now yet, that may be due to the significant decrease, in my over-all physical health...

I have much respect and sensitivity, for both IC & DL and, I understand the rationale of DL's reaching for IC, to compensate in a psychological justification and; I understand IC's, wanting to stay far away from DL's (there's already enough stigma with being IC, alone)...

And then... there's the complications of being both... which probably would have affected me considerably more - If, both hadn't seemed so normal, to me...

That's me, basically...
-Marka

Yeah, you hit that one on the head for me too. There is medically incontinent, and then there is emotionally incontinent as part of being compelled to wear and wet as an ab or dl.

So when someone who is not truly medically incontinent says they are incontinent, I'm willing enough to let it slide even though "incontinent" on it's own is universally accepted as being medically incontinent. This being because I also believe an emotional need is no less of a need than a physical one.

Why the hassle about whoever may or may not be incontinent? Does such information make any changes to my situation? Absolutely not, I honestly doesn't care who is faking it. I have to live with incontinence, and are dealing with it with minimal to no no effects on my life. Do people get of by wearing diapers, I can't care less. Nor do I want to be pitied because of my situation. I talked to a nurse yesterday at the hospital where I was undergoing surgery, I was open about my incontinence and was told to wear a diaper during surgery (was operated on the top frame) anyway the nurse was understanding etc. Maybe glad that I could change my own diapers also after surgery. But I told her my story and she thought my way of dealing with my issues was what to be expected, no judgement whatsoever.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI M2-801W med Tapatalk

NotTheAverageMan said:
Why the hassle about whoever may or may not be incontinent? Does such information make any changes to my situation? Absolutely not, I honestly doesn't care who is faking it.

Well I'd say the odd lie to a nosy chemist store clerk asking why you're buying diapers is ok but when people lie to their family/close friends/SO about why they are wearing diapers it's just asking for trouble since once you tell one lie you'll have to spin more and more to cover it up.

I am both bladder and bowel incontinent, yes i also have realsied i actually like diapers too as well. i am paraplegic for 6 years now but had continence issues since 2006.
i am new here so don't feel i can comment on others here yet, why they're here etc. but for me it is acceptance by others who may or may not be actually incontinent but who have found they liked diapers too.

i wear ABU Super Dry Kids partly due to design, but also they really are super absorbent and will last me all day.

are there many others who find the AB diapers are actually better than the main market supplied ones?

babybadger

NotTheAverageMan said:
Why the hassle about whoever may or may not be incontinent? Does such information make any changes to my situation? Absolutely not, I honestly doesn't care who is faking it. I have to live with incontinence, and are dealing with it with minimal to no no effects on my life. Do people get of by wearing diapers, I can't care less. Nor do I want to be pitied because of my situation. I talked to a nurse yesterday at the hospital where I was undergoing surgery, I was open about my incontinence and was told to wear a diaper during surgery (was operated on the top frame) anyway the nurse was understanding etc. Maybe glad that I could change my own diapers also after surgery. But I told her my story and she thought my way of dealing with my issues was what to be expected, no judgement whatsoever.

Because it actually does, that's why. Being IC myself, there is already a huge, um, disgrace (for lack of a better word), associated with being IC. It is something we are all led to believe should be a completely embarrassing thing, and should not even be talked about. Now when others find out that an IC person is really only wearing diapers because they like to, then that associated disgrace we get from society is only made worse.

Now yes, we and diaper manufacturers in general, have been working to dispel the overall misconceptions of IC and in diapers in general too. Medical pros are already much better about it (I have many similar surgery stories like yours too), but we can pretty well agree the rest of society has a long way to go still.

Slomo said:
Because it actually does, that's why. Being IC myself, there is already a huge, um, disgrace (for lack of a better word), associated with being IC. It is something we are all led to believe should be a completely embarrassing thing, and should not even be talked about. Now when others find out that an IC person is really only wearing diapers because they like to, then that associated disgrace we get from society is only made worse.
You worry too much. Think about how rare it's got to be that someone actually finds out that a person whom is IC is not actually IC. How would they even figure that out unless they where told by the person themselves? I can't even think of a scenario that someone could just randomly find out.

Even if they happened to learn the person was AB/DL ... even that isn't proof the person is lying they are IC.

MarchinBunny said:
You worry too much. Think about how rare it's got to be that someone actually finds out that a person whom is IC is not actually IC. How would they even figure that out unless they where told by the person themselves? I can't even think of a scenario that someone could just randomly find out.

Even if they happened to learn the person was AB/DL ... even that isn't proof the person is lying they are IC.

Because there have been enough people who themselves have come on here and said just that. Not random at all, but usually because they are seeking the thrill of exposing their diapers in purpose. You're right though, this is much more of a rare case. So maybe I am worrying too much.

Slomo said:
Because there have been enough people who themselves have come on here and said just that.
Not sure I understand what you mean? They come here and say they are not actually IC? I don't see something like that occurring all too often. If it does occur, it's not like they are saying it to random people outside the community.

I can't believe this thread is still going. The OPs post was offensive to me and, yes, I am incontinent. But, why would you join a supportive forum of mostly ABDLs and then attack them? Not cool.

Locked, as the OP left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back