Accidents at the wrong time

Status
Not open for further replies.

miapeters

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hey guys,
I know many of you have 100's of embarrassing or bad incidents to mention but are there ever times when incontinence has really affected those times and how you perform,

For example when I'm doing exams, having a bm is the last thing I want, but it's annoying me at the back of my mind, occasionally I do have a bm and that just disrupts my momentum of doing the exam...... it doesn't happen all the time but it's what I dread.

I'm just curious of what kind of situations really stress you out to the maximum, and how you deal with it.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
Yep that happens alot to me as well, I've been partially incontinent ever-since 2010 six years ago through no choice of my own and I know how much incontinence problems suck.

The last embarrassing accident happened to me last Tuesday night when I was at the cinema watching Arrival the sci-fi movie and I completely soaked myself fortunately because I was wearing a couple of diapers the wetness never reached the seat that I was sitting on but I was a close one for sure.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888.

had some rather hectic rides to work while working at mcdonalds where the commute became pure hell

Worst accident though I wasn't in a diaper, was out shopping and suddenly needed to have a bm and proceeded to in the amount of time I was stuck at a light trying to get to a mcdonalds... it ran down my pants leg in the parking lot, yeah not sure how anyone finds that fun, ><; I ended up wiping as much as possible, then went to a nearby target and bought a bag of diapers and some jeans,

Last edited:
About a month ago, was returning from a meeting across town and the return trip we took the highway.
Traffic was horrid and eventually came to a complete standstill and I had a rather unpleasant bm.
It was especially shameful because it started to smell and my mom was driving me and we had to have the windows down for the rest of the stupidly long ride.
When I got home it turns out it was a blowout, so cleanup was another huge pain.
Though I've had more stressful days, this is one of the more recent stressful times.

Jonnythepony said:
About a month ago, was returning from a meeting across town and the return trip we took the highway.
Traffic was horrid and eventually came to a complete standstill and I had a rather unpleasant bm.
It was especially shameful because it started to smell and my mom was driving me and we had to have the windows down for the rest of the stupidly long ride.
When I got home it turns out it was a blowout, so cleanup was another huge pain.
Though I've had more stressful days, this is one of the more recent stressful times.

Yeah, having to stay without changing really sucks, I haven't had many blowouts, actually hardly any, but the usual bm is bad enough, how long does it take for the smell to be noticed with plastic pants? When I'm on flights or know I'm going to be unable to change for a long time I wear two plastic pants, one bigger than the other, it really works well.

I'm only bladder incontinent so I don't have to deal with some of the worse issues that come with bowel incon, but I'd say any accident is bad timing. Now that I wear diapers, I'm usually fine though. The worst timed accident I ever had was a full flood in the mall food court with no diaper. It was the "last straw" accident that prompted me to star wearing regularly. I had to walk all the way through the mall with soaked pants and EVERYONE saw me. That accident would have been better if it happened right as I got to my car or something, not right in the mall.

miapeters said:
how long does it take for the smell to be noticed with plastic pants?

Well surprisingly I noticed I was filling the diaper, a prime "uh oh" moment, then it took about 10 or so minutes after and the smell started making it's way through.
Usually I have more time before the smell gets past the diapercover, and blowouts are contained just about the same.
Maybe it was because I was seated, I'm not sure, but it quickly smelled bad and it was super lame.

BMs. Those are definitely a 'stop whatever you're doing and rush out no matter what' moment for me.

I'm OK with my #1 control being degraded but I'm really trying to keep what #2 control I have. I'm kind of resigned to it eventually going though.

Obviously not being able to hold it is the hallmark of being IC. Any IC wetting or bm that occurs in a public place that results in either leaks, blowouts or just smell-bombs is embarrassing. Quality diapers and, if bowel IC, anti-smell tablets can help tremendously.

I've had some major bm's in my pants, but the worst are always when I've been un-diapered or under-diapered and, of course, in a public place. However, I'm usually well diapered these days and don't stress out anymore about bms, the main stress now is when it happens, I'm busy and I don't have a lot of time to change. For example, about 8 years ago my wife and I were flying out of town on vacation. We were running late and before getting to the airport I filled my diaper on the highway so much that it started coming out the top of the back. Had to stop at a restaurant and change as fast as possible. Made the flight, but that sucked. I'm always so thankful for my diapers though.

Spaz said:
Obviously not being able to hold it is the hallmark of being IC. Any IC wetting or bm that occurs in a public place that results in either leaks, blowouts or just smell-bombs is embarrassing. Quality diapers and, if bowel IC, anti-smell tablets can help tremendously.

I've had some major bm's in my pants, but the worst are always when I've been un-diapered or under-diapered and, of course, in a public place.

Yeah, going under diapered is such a bad idea with bm's. Though I've never ever gone un-diapered. Hard to think that I've been wearing diapers every single moment of my life, except for when in cleaning up of coarse.
That experience before the airport must have been hard to handle. I'm already scared of the worst case scenarios. I wonder whether it's easier when your older or harder with managing a job and everything. The future just seems so complicated.

miapeters said:
I'm already scared of the worst case scenarios. I wonder whether it's easier when your older or harder with managing a job and everything. The future just seems so complicated.

Not too complicated. I'm a pretty successful person who works more than full-time, currently in grad school and also helping my wife take care of our infant son. It can be done. I'm not fully bowel IC, meaning I can usually make it to the bathroom to empty my bowels (ebbs and peaks with my IBS and lately I've been doing pretty well). That would be a little more challenging, but doable. Just slap a diaper on and move forward.

I know the world is a bit more scarier than when I was in my twenties, but I'm surprised sometimes with the hesitancy of the millennial generation. You can be what you want to be. You just can't be negative about things that haven't happened yet. I don't know your specific circumstances, but I'm a firm believer that all obstacles can be overcome.

Reactions: TheTapedCrusader
Spaz said:
Not too complicated. I'm a pretty successful person who works more than full-time, currently in grad school and also helping my wife take care of our infant son. It can be done. I'm not fully bowel IC, meaning I can usually make it to the bathroom to empty my bowels (ebbs and peaks with my IBS and lately I've been doing pretty well). That would be a little more challenging, but doable. Just slap a diaper on and move forward.

I know the world is a bit more scarier than when I was in my twenties, but I'm surprised sometimes with the hesitancy of the millennial generation. You can be what you want to be. You just can't be negative about things that haven't happened yet. I don't know your specific circumstances, but I'm a firm believer that all obstacles can be overcome.

Yes..... So far I've done quite okay, with school and everything....
Though having a bm in a diaper is a terrible feeling and even more so to clean up. I guess I shouldn't be worried about things to come caused eventually I'll settle with it. It's just that being bladder and bowel incontinence can get really depressing, especially when I wake up in the mornings to a full diaper. And I just feel like no one can understand what I'm going through, that's probably not true, I'm sure there are people dealing with this........ but that's how it makes me feel sometimes.

miapeters said:
And I just feel like no one can understand what I'm going through, that's probably not true, I'm sure there are people dealing with this........ but that's how it makes me feel sometimes.

Just keep the rest of your health up there. Yes, I have pretty bad incontinence, I don't take any medication and every year I get a check up and the doctor says my blood work is great, "keep doing what you're doing." So I wear diapers. You'd be surprised at how busy I am and my profession (you can pm me if you want to know). I don't go around telling people I wear diapers and no one is the wiser. If anything diapers give me the confidence to live life to its fullest. Every time you think you have it bad, there is someone else on the planet who has it worse.

There might be ways modern medicine can solve your incontinence too. Don't give up on that until you've exhausted the possibilities your comfortable with. Just be sure the cure isn't worse than the current problem. I believe that keeping the rest of your health up there is important. I exercise regularly and eat well. There was a guy on an incontence forum a while back who had MS. He eventually died from it. But, he would always say, "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade." It's a good saying for anyone overcoming some type of difficulty, which is pretty much all of us.

Yeah, I only recently started being a little more active, except for my incontinence everything else is actually good... I guess I'm lucky that way.
It's true, diapers give me the freedom, I've already had some complications with some surgeries, my doctor thinks it's best not to take the risk of any surgery yet.

I had a bad one Friday. Had to take a proctored test on campus and in the middle of it had a loud BM. And it was dead silent in the room because of course everyone was taking a test. So yeah, that was unpleasant, :/

MaurepasGnD said:
I had a bad one Friday. Had to take a proctored test on campus and in the middle of it had a loud BM. And it was dead silent in the room because of course everyone was taking a test. So yeah, that was unpleasant, :/

Yeah, tests and exams are stressful when you might go any time.

MaurepasGnD said:

miapeters said:
Yeah, tests and exams are stressful when you might go any time.

You should be able to notify the school of the possible situation. They can provide you with a more private setting to take your tests. These rooms are for people that have test anxiety, however while the condition is different this is quite clearly a source of test anxiety.

Nowadays, I never have accidents in public. But when I was a kid, I'd pee myself once every few months. It would always happen at school, I'd try to make it to the bathroom, but I ended up in the nurse's office each time. She'd give me a new pair of pants and a pull-up diaper. At least none of my other classmates didn't know when I had one on. And once I got home, I'd take it off and get rid of it without using it when my dad wasn't around.

Llayden said:
You should be able to notify the school of the possible situation. They can provide you with a more private setting to take your tests. These rooms are for people that have test anxiety, however while the condition is different this is quite clearly a source of test anxiety.

Actually I do sit for exams in a private room and have gotten permission to use the toilet if I have a bm/need to change. But still it can get stressful,

Last edited:
Llayden said:

Yeah, this was actually my first(and probably last as I didn't really enjoy it even outside of that incident) time taking any class that required scheduled proctoring for the exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back