Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
So telegram is popular especially within the furry fandom so if you wanna add me on it, message me and we can chat and stuff x3

Also I'm a little curious, what app do you guys like better for communication?
My top picks are Telegram, Palringo, and Discord~ :eek:

I installed telegram last week and had a bit of a scare from it. It installed just fine on my computer, but when I put it on my phone it decided to go through my phone contacts and start adding people based on phone numbers. That was really not ok, especially since it didn't ask first and also since no one I know irl knows about the diapers or the diaperfur stuff and I'm trying to keep it separate.

irnub said:
I installed telegram last week and had a bit of a scare from it. It installed just fine on my computer, but when I put it on my phone it decided to go through my phone contacts and start adding people based on phone numbers. That was really not ok, especially since it didn't ask first and also since no one I know irl knows about the diapers or the diaperfur stuff and I'm trying to keep it separate.

Oh that's actually something else, if you try to mesage from your phone it will just ask that your contacts install telegram ^^ it dosent actually allow you to message anyone unless they have a telegram account

I like telegram, I kind of hate skype and only use it because a lot of friends moved their after yahoo and aim for some reason, I wish jabber had taken off better and google and lj's implementation of it had been more opened (really would of been nice to have one jabber name to sign into and used gateway protocol for people unwilling to leave aim and yahoo and screw Microsoft for doing everything in their power to kill jabber gateway protocol)

rennecfox said:
I like telegram, I kind of hate skype and only use it because a lot of friends moved their after yahoo and aim for some reason, I wish jabber had taken off better and google and lj's implementation of it had been more opened (really would of been nice to have one jabber name to sign into and used gateway protocol for people unwilling to leave aim and yahoo and screw Microsoft for doing everything in their power to kill jabber gateway protocol)

noice! add me on it my username should be Neofoxyhound

NeoTheFox said:
Oh that's actually something else, if you try to mesage from your phone it will just ask that your contacts install telegram ^^ it dosent actually allow you to message anyone unless they have a telegram account
It wasn't listing all of my phone contacts though, it was only a small subset ofthem. I'm pretty sure it added people who had telegram based on the phone number they'd signed up with, as they also showed up in my contacts in the desktop version. A fun byproduct of this is that it outed 2 people I'd gone to college with as furries (at least judging by their telegram avatars). No idea if they cared to keep that secret or not (they never told me in the 2 years I went to school with them), but if they did they'd be SOL since anyone who has their number can connect that with their telegram account and from there notice the avatar and/or username and make deductions. Luckily for me number I used to sign up is one nobody I know has in their contacts (thank god it didn't let me sign up with my google voice number).

Anyway, if people want to talk to me on it, username is the same as on here (and anywhere else I have an account for DL or furry stuff).

rennecfox said:
Yeah, I remember the good old days of aim/MSN/IRC. Then there were the cool people who ran trillian or pidgin to connect to everything pretty seamlessly. Then it looked like jabber was going to be the way to go for a while once aim and msn started falling out of style (multiple logins were awesome). I also ended up in the same boat with all my friends using skype (we had a skype group with like 5-6 people in it that was basically just a 5 year long text chat), but that went downhill rapidly once M$ took it over (security holes everywhere). I wanted to like telegram, but after my experience I'm really worried about data leakage. The way they advertise encryption but are coy about the implementation makes me a bit nervous as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back