Switching from pads to pull-ups… to diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LonelyFOX said:
Have you tried the always discreet underwear?

I always thought they were for women. I always felt like generic pull-ups were a little too narrow in the crotch, so I can't imagine the Always Discreet would be any wider, but maybe if they're more absorbent than regular pull-ups they'd be looking into?

inconsurferdude said:
I always thought they were for women. I always felt like generic pull-ups were a little too narrow in the crotch, so I can't imagine the Always Discreet would be any wider, but maybe if they're more absorbent than regular pull-ups they'd be looking into?

Pull ups aren't really good for heavy incontinence, unless your okay with changing often which is sometimes too often. For bowel incontinence pull ups would never work, even as a child pull ups would never work for me, they leak sometimes too.

miapeters said:
Pull ups aren't really good for heavy incontinence, unless your okay with changing often which is sometimes too often. For bowel incontinence pull ups would never work, even as a child pull ups would never work for me, they leak sometimes too.

I whole heartedly agree, and some supposedly medical grade underwear are sized so badly that smalls look like they would fit baraiatric sizes with pads smaller then the tena overnight pads

inconsurferdude said:

they are. They won't fit well for male anatomy and will leak. Plus they're feminine looking.

really, all pullups are kind of junk unless you have very light incontinence.

inconsurferdude said:
Indeed they're for women but they feel like normal underwear and I wear them for bed time. Theonly one thing that I don't like of them is their lavender scent and their feminine purple bow printed in the front.
When I go out to the park for long walking and jogging I use the tena active underwear because there's no washrooms close.
The tena active underwear absorbs very well but they deform after absorbing the liquid, you would end with a wet lump between your legs but no leaks at all.

I’ve been impressed with the Tena for Men underwear Level 4 for daytime use. For a pullup they hold quite a big wetting (useful for my OAB) and they look more like regular underwear. If they are wet it’s a good idea to change quickly as they bulge and sag a lot which will show under clothing

I have had bad experiences with pull ups - they seem to leak even when not very wet and a simply dare not trust them for bowel motions. I always us a "maxi" capacity taped on diaper at night and this works well coping (90% of the time with anything I throw at it) The 10% failures are mainly down to me being dead tired and not fastening the damn thing properly - or moving too much in the night. If I could afford premium quality diapers ! would probably hit 100%. The leaks are not usually serious.

Having said that I don't like taped diapers and as a compromise between them and pull ups us belted ones with Velcro fastenings - Tena Flex Maxi in the UK or similar. These do hold pee and poop well and I feel confident wearing them. They also have a drop down front making it easy to use a toilet for peeing is opportunity arises. They can be securely refastened if taken off completely to poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back