Not open for further replies.

Onesieman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
The new Pokémon games finally came out last week, and I've been playing it a lot. I think it's a really fun game with new and interesting Pokémon to use. The characters are colorful, the new field mechanics are nice, and it has a good balance of challenge.

Some new things they added were instead of normal gyms, it has the island challenge. For each island, you have to face a number of trials and in each one, you'll fight a powerful totem Pokémon. Once you complete all the trials, then there's a grand trial, which is just a battle with the island kahuna. After each trial, you win a Z-crystal, which gives you a new Z-move. I actually like this new concept.

Another new thing is field moves are no longer available. Instead, you need to ride certain Pokémon to get to certain areas. It's a really nice touch.

What do you like about this game? I'd like to hear your opinions.

Release where I live is on Wednesday I believe, but tbh I think it's a little too much....I mean, we have Mega forms, then the Primals...now Z-Moves, Alola forms and the ultra beasts...

I really do like pokemon, but I don't know if I'll buy it or not...many of my friends think the same, that it's just too much.

Kind regards,
Sabu

So far I'm really enjoying it! The island trials are a really cool thing and I like the emphasis on exploring the world.

I quite like this generation of Pokemon games, they have added some new mechanics and reworked some of the original mechanics as well. Finally we can just transfer Pokemon however we want, not having to open the PC then choose a specific option. Trading from the box for NPCs is also awesome.
For the first time in a long time I feel the story is quite well implemented, slightly complex but not over simplified. They even deal with some dark material ( no spoilers I promise)

However with all the awesome stuff they have done and added, why on earth is there no way to skip the tutorial .... It is far too long and has way too much hand holding. I understand there will be people who are new to the series playing for the first time but seriously after 20 years I know how the game works. Just give me an option to fast forward the cutscenes or something.

I feel the best way to look at this game is that SuMo are a "Reboot" to the series, and quite a good one at that. Here is hoping they keep in the QOL improvements they added this time to future games.

I think that SuMo was a VERY bold step for the company to take and that it has paid off. Coming from someone who has played every generation of games, SuMo is arguably one of my favorite sets of the games to date. I love not having to use HM moves and being to focus on my teams move slots earlier on and not worrying about loss of access to areas. This is the most in depth that they have gone into a region and it makes things really interesting. The new features like the pokemon transfer aspects already mentioned and other new fixes make this game worth a play through.

I had a lot of fun with this one. It turns out that I kinda like hunting for elusive pokemon. just do not use Wimpod/Golisopod when hunting, as he'll run away if he gets too beat up >.> Learned that the hard way when trying to find Mimikyu and Dhelmise.... After an hour or so searching I find one and forgot about his damn ability and I end up fleeing. I can't imagine my rage if I had run into a shiny.

I haven't picked up S&M yet, but I'm super excited for the inevitable Gen IV remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back