Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox Insults Canada (again)

Default Fox Insults Canada (again)

(not only that but they show a complete lack of understanding about canadian affairs and culture)

YouTube - How to lose friends and alienate countries
    Behold, fellow Canadians, and be politely outraged! (this program apperently aired the day after four more canadians died in combat, one I knew personally)

After 116 Canadian military personel have given their lives in Afganistan. Fox news belittles and mocks the Canadian military. Claim they did not even know they were there. These are the people who keep Americans up to date and mis-informed.
    If 116 canadians have died as a result of a war America has started, and america doesn't apreciate the work we do and the aid we send, why are we still there?

Canadians are good at taking jokes. hell, we make fun of ourselves more than anyone else, but we don't go this far: "We have police officers and they have mounties; our cops ride heavily armored cars, they ride horses;we have bullet proof vests, they have wonderful red little jackets that can be seen a mile away. This is not a smart culture, Greg." I'm a canadian and I have never seen an RCMP officer in the traditional dress and horse. Besides that, we also have provincial and city police as well. Believe me americns, our cops look just like your and are just as properly equiped.

I've never seen this show before, is it supposed to be a sitcom? or an actual news source that americans get their opinions from? Or what, is it like a common view of canada?

Personaly, I think we canadians need to teach the americans a lesson and burn down the white house again... but not before providing pres obama with a mansion of equal or greater value in ottawa.

Anyway, shut up Greg. We're bigger and we're on top.

I think it's supposed to be an attempt at satire or something, only it's so poorly written that the 'jokes' are pretty much just tired stereotyping and insults that you'd expect to hear ranted by a couple of drunken losers at a bar. But hey! It's Fox, so what's new?

Mako

Burning down that damn house again is sounding pretty good, though fox studio's sounds even better. We can do it, we look just like them, we'll blend in perfectly.

But this is a new low for fox, I couldn't even watch the full clip it was so painful. We went to Afghanistan because we felt it was a justified war, and wished to support our American brothers in their time of need. But then they went and fucked us over by forgetting about that war and playing world police in Iraq. It's been our soldiers in the most dangerous parts of Afghanistan, and it's been ours soldiers risking their ass for their war. What they lack in funding they make up in good will, discipline and effectiveness. They deserve some god damned respect.

Canada's role in the invasion of Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Anyone who doubts how important we've been to this way can honestly go fuck themselves. I'm just extremely pissed off at this huge disrespect for our soldiers.
    We've done some pretty kick ass things over there too Canada in combat outsniped america.

Quote Originally Posted by Verscha View Post
    I think it's supposed to be an attempt at satire or something, only it's so poorly written that the 'jokes' are pretty much just tired stereotyping and insults that you'd expect to hear ranted by a couple of drunken losers at a bar. But hey! It's Fox, so what's new?
    Rick Mercer, a man who actualy knows what satire is, had this to say about the incident: “If you're going to do satire, three of the most important rules are you have to tell the truth, you can't be a bully and don't be an asshole. Being a bully is not satire.”

The problem here is that Fox isn't about news. Don't let the silly opinionated idiots get you mad, they are merely real life trolls.

Canadians are... the poor white kid who's always getting picked on in 4th grade.
    The Americans... pretty much the bully of the world.

.. Then you have the UK, the geeky quirky kid who talks funny .

Oh and the Australians, the quiet kid that no one hears from xD

Sure it's unfortunate but it's just how it is. If I had my choice I'd be an Aussie or an Ire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyph View Post
    The problem here is that Fox isn't about news. Don't let the silly opinionated idiots get you mad, they are merely real life trolls.
    That's true, but the thing is there are millions of people across America who believe the 'fair and balanced' joke.

Although personally, I find most of the US media utterly abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by mm3 View Post
    Canadians are... the poor white kid who's always getting picked on in 4th grade.
    Gotta disagree. Canada is the self-depreciating, jewish comedian of the world.

Mako

Theres a giant difference between a joke and a blatant slap in the face to our soldiers.
    This is a joke.

Gotta disagree. Canada is the self-depreciating, jewish comedian of the world.
    Case in point :3

Quote Originally Posted by Verscha View Post
    That's true, but the thing is there are millions of people across America who believe the 'fair and balanced' joke.

Although personally, I find most of the US media utterly abysmal.
    A lot of people are sheep, it's not just America, just they tend to be rather loud and annoying here. And yeah, US media is only meant to be entertaining, not informative.