How do you manage number #2 accident out of house

Status
Not open for further replies.
jack3295 the airing lout is so true. There are days I have two bm's together, this happens mostly during night while I'm sleeping, rarely during the day but it does happen from time to time. Anyway I just always feel like having a shower after a big bm like that and afterwords I just sit on the toilet and let my skin breathe, it's covered by an m4 for almost all the time except for when I change or have a shower or something, so it's good to just air your skin out from time to time.

I reccomend buying some non wet through inserts and putting them inside a full diaper to catch both urine and feces and give the brief a chanc e to fill up with urine.

i CARRY AROUND A VINYL MESSENGER BAG and keep a tena maxi slip and seni quatro, and gloves, and a liner, and large wipes, and a snap sidded pair of vinyl pants and cream.

Uh I get a diaper change if I can in a bathroom, if not and I have to, in my car, or I go home. Simple as that.

Mia, I so much agree that a good airing out is one of the most important tings we can do to maintain good health. Because I'm in diapers for extended periods of time and wishing to avoid the dreaded rash, airing out is vital for skin health. After I've had a few BM's and am sure I'm empty, I spend at least a few hours without diapers. Been surprised a few times but I've been able to make the bathroom, often in the nick of time. Wasn't always that way but the Metamucil and the occasional does of loperamide, I've managed much better. Nobody said this would be easy. But it's mush better than a neuroblastoma. Let's count our blessings.

If you have your diaper bags and some wipes its an annoying but doable deal, go into a stall pull down your diaper or untape, use some wipes making sure you are clean and the smell is gone (toilet paper can be used in an emergency but its going to not be as effective, you also may want to put some hand soap on the toiet paper before removing your diaper) after that rediaper like normal.

Sit on the toilet, take off your pants and shoes & put them to the side, put down a plastic bag in front of the toilet, slowly untape the diaper and stand over the toilet, let anything in the diaper fall out into the toilet, slowly pull it from over the toilet and over to the plastic bag, tie it up in the bag, possibly tie that up in an additional bag. Then, you will have to go about cleaning yourself. The one time I had a terrible accident in public, I was thankfully at the doctor's office building, so there was a big single bathroom to clean up in. First, I used toilet paper, then I used wet wipes, then I dried my bum with more toilet paper, then checked to make sure I was 100% clean, then washed my hands for about five minutes straight with a ton of soap, then rediapered, and finally got the heck out of there. It smelled horrible, and I happened to have some spray deodorant, and I thought "It's probably better I leave it smelling like this spray than like poo." Left the door wide open and the fan thing on to air out.

Hotdog55 said:
Uh I get a diaper change if I can in a bathroom, if not and I have to, in my car, or I go home. Simple as that.

This evening I had a massive bowel accident while driving home from a social night for Asperger's/Autism adults.
Yes, a very messy "blowout", poop everywhere, in the diaper, all over the inside of the rear of my pants.
ARGH!
Yes, when I got home I had a mega-mess to clean up.
I put my massively poopy pants and t-shirt into the washing machine.
Now that they are clean, I have them drying in the clothes dryer.

If I'm close to home or were leaving soon. I'll wait to get changed. If not my wife or aide will take me to the family rest room and take care of it.

I'd like to suggest an added bit of precaution for public changing-

Scented aerosol spray.
Couple *Pfffts*, before you expose your soiled diaper and clean/change, will also help 'Hide' precisely what you're doing. (I mean, sure, you're IN a bathroom stall, so obviously tending to a call of nature, but still).

I'm hyper about odor control. Probably a bit too much, but that's just me.

B.

Bucephalus said:
I'd like to suggest an added bit of precaution for public changing-

Scented aerosol spray.
Couple *Pfffts*, before you expose your soiled diaper and clean/change, will also help 'Hide' precisely what you're doing. (I mean, sure, you're IN a bathroom stall, so obviously tending to a call of nature, but still).

I'm hyper about odor control. Probably a bit too much, but that's just me.

B.

That might draw even more attention to what you are doing, people are used to smells from stall as you said, hearing added noises plus smelling something other then smells prevalent in bathrooms might do a better job highlighting then whiting out... spraying something is going to make them start thinking about questions, the very least "Is this some kind of obsessive compulsive tendency?" That said if its in the bathroom (some places do provide them) theres nothing wrong with grabbing it and spraying afterwards.

When I was younger and this was all new to me I had a few terrible experiences. Very loose stool that made it even worse. Complete "blow outs" that soiled clothing and complicated the change even more. I survived and learned. I will still change in a public bathroom but only when absolutely necessary. I have been using a bulk producing fiber supplement for years ( at the suggestion of my doctor ) and my BM's firmed up. Still, a public change for me is still a major production that I'd much rather avoid. Add to that that I never feel clean unless I've had a proper change, including a shower. Just my obssesion with getting "clean". With the Metamucil, my BM"s are firmer ( semi-soft to semi-firm) and much easier to tolerate. I'm probably a bit obsssesive/compulsive, but the act of going through a public change is a harrowing experience. With all the fiber I injest to keep my BM's firm, i experience increased frequency and surprisingly large volume. Still an improvement over a liquid void. Still have them on extremely rare occasions but not enough to increase my fiber intake which can become cumbersom. I've experimented a lot to get just the right amount of fiber in my system to keep things firm. It dosn't affect the urgency issue but still much better than loose BM's. After all these years, having a couple of big loads in my diapers just dosn't bother me much. If I do get to the point of having that third big BM, I will head home or gut it out and do the public change. Still, when that happens, I head home soon after for a shower. Just me. It's different for everyone.

Because my work often takes me to remote/difficult locations - national Parks and the like I do t always have the option to change during my working day. I always have my changing supplies with me but doing a full change in the back of a landy or van isn't always that appealing.
As a result I wear a diaper and booster combination that I know will last me all day without needing to be changed. I'll try and do a BM before I head out but most days I'll end up having another mid afternoon. I know I can trust my pad to hold it all and not leak, plastic pants, compression shorts and my work gear all help keep things contained so I normally just ignore it and crack on with whatever I'm doing then shower once I'm either home or back to base where they have adequate facilities.
Out of work it depends very much what I'm doing. I normally try and change pretty quickly but sometimes it's not an option, like a couple of weeks ago when I dropped a log stood on top of Snowdon. That had to wait until we were back at the hostel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back