Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am i a babyfur?

Default Am i a babyfur?

Well iv been wondering this for some time and have done research on it. Am i a babyfur if i love the art and cuteness of babyfur fursonas?

You can be anything you want to be
    Just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be
    Be free with your tempo, be free be free
    Surrender your ego - be free, be free to yourself

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    You can be anything you want to be
    Just turn yourself into anything you think that you could ever be
    Be free with your tempo, be free be free
    Surrender your ego - be free, be free to yourself
    I'm going to give a translation a shot...

Point, correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't worry about it. You can be whatever you want to be, and you shouldn't let the label bother you. Don't restrain yourself to labels and definitions, let your mind / body / soul / heart / personality tell you who you are, and go from there. In short, be free to yourself and become whatever you'll become.

How'd I do, Point?

Falkio

You can like the artwork and not be a babyfur. I just joined the fandom and I still don't competely feel that I am a babyfur. My fursona is a cub, but for cons and such he'll be closer to 17-18. Most of us just like the art because its cute and it appeals to TB/AB. Have you ever met any babyfurs? Do you feel out of place, or was it natural? Whatever feels right is the path to take. Kind of like the gay / straight thing. Either way is perfectly healthy IMHO.

If you commit to being a babyfur, get ready to defend your views. There is a black whole-lot of hatred on the net for our kind. If you have any questions about it, you might want to join our Skype group. They taught me about the fandom, and especially about babyfurs.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    How'd I do, Point?
    I was quoting Queen, but I guess that's good.

LABELS!!!!

Why do people have this inane need to label themselves?!

If you're a fur and you're into diapers, then you're probably a babyfur!

If not, then no!

But if you want to call yourself one, GO AHEAD!

IT'S JUST. ANOTHER. LABEL!!!!

Mako

People take the fandom so seriously these days, that people lose sight or simply don't know the vast umbrella that furry fandom is. Theres furry and then theres furry fan. If you only enjoy the art and such you may just be a furry fan, or in this case a babyfur fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkio View Post
    If you commit to being a babyfur, get ready to defend your views. There is a black whole-lot of hatred on the net for our kind. If you have any questions about it, you might want to join our Skype group. They taught me about the fandom, and especially about babyfurs.
    I'll field the hate thing, because it's not exactly unfounded. Furry's are infamous for our drama whores that give the rest of us a bad name, and also shove the fandom in everyones face when most could really care less. Kind of like a new Linux user with a visible erection.
    This has also been true for babyfurs inside of the general fandom, in which a few babyfurs acting horribly inappropriate (trying to drag furs with no interest into age play, and a few babyfurs were less then cleanly about their padding at cons). This tarnished our name within the fandom and theres a lot of prejudice even among furs towards babyfurs. Though this attitude is slowly changing with cubs setting an extremely good example at the last AC.

But it's nothing outside of common sense, just be respectful toward others.

Quote Originally Posted by Manveru View Post
    LABELS!!!!

Why do people have this inane need to label themselves?!

If you're a fur and you're into diapers, then you're probably a babyfur!

If not, then no!

But if you want to call yourself one, GO AHEAD!

IT'S JUST. ANOTHER. LABEL!!!!
    Why do people label themselves?

I think people label themselves for one or both of the following reasons:

1. Labels give people a name to something they don't understand. It eases people for some reason.

2. Labels give people a sense of belonging. If you can describe yourself as something, it gives you a better understanding of yourself.

of coarse, this is just a theory. I do believe it though.

EmeraldsAndLime

If you find yourself having to ask that sort of question, more than likely the answer is 'No'.