What is the first cartoon you can remember watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm giving away my age, but the first I remember, which was my favorite, is Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse. Each episode started with Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse speeding out of their cave in a souped up super fast car (the grille on the front of the car looked like a cat face) on their way to catch a villain. No doubt this cartoon was the prototype for Batman. The villain was often The Frog. Each episode would end with the Frog saying "crime does not pay".

Another favorite was Baby Huey. Baby Huey was this out sized baby duck who wore a diaper. Mama duck, who was half his size, would struggle pushing around his stroller.

Here are a few other classics I remember: Mr. Magoo, Casper the Friendly Ghost, Deputy Dawg, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Top Cat, and Felix the Cat.

I'm showing my age here as well, but honestly, the very first cartoon I remember watching was...

Rainbow Brite. o.o;;;

The first cartoon I can remember watching is likely looney toons or mickey mouse ... something along those lines.
I also know I had watched a lot of Clifford the Big Red Dog o.o

The first one I have any distinct memory of, as in that I can picture the exact time and place that I watched it, was Thundercats. I have a vague sense of having watched Tom & Jerry and old Disney cartoons before that, but nothing I can pin down.

Akastus said:
The first one I have any distinct memory of, as in that I can picture the exact time and place that I watched it, was Thundercats. I have a vague sense of having watched Tom & Jerry and old Disney cartoons before that, but nothing I can pin down.

Oh Tom & Jerry! That could be another one that I didn't think about. It's pretty tough to know exactly which cartoon was the first lol.

Oh Geez well

Tom and Jerry
Doug
Rocket Power
Rugrats
Pinkie and the brain
Captain Planet
He-Man
Batman
Batman Beyond
Gigantor (that's one I share with old people)
Goof Troop
Rescue Heroes.

Probably Tom and Jerry or Captain Planet

Oh and since I've not yet seen this mentioned... HeathCliff. I found that one very amusing as a child! It's a little off-beat, but eh, aren't we all?

Mine has to be the Looney Tunes and the Baby Looney Tunes

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back