Thread: Not furry per se but I figured this'd be the best place....Spirit Animals?

Default Not furry per se but I figured this'd be the best place....Spirit Animals?

I'm interested in the spirituality of animals and finding one's own spirit animal. I really want to find mine and I was wondering if anyone knew of any hypnosis files or tips to meditate to find my spirit animal?

I haven't heard much about the idea of spirit animals, do you have enough knowledge about it to elaborate ?

Well as far as I know, a spirit animal is a part of every person, and is sort of embedded as a part of their personality - the animal usually has traits that match the true personality of the person.

I don't have a spirit animal, so I wouldn't know how to help you. However, like other religions or belief systems, I understand that it requires a form of linking abstract concepts to your personality/knowledge...you are on the right track, in that meditation will allow your unconscious mind to present you the "closest match" as far as spirit-animal goes.

Don't settle for a hypnosis file, or anything "New Age." It is difficult for many people to "open up" to a voice they don't know, and much of the New Age stuff are total ripoffs. Read up on eastern styles of meditation: Zazen is a kind of no-nonsense style that doesn't require use of nature tapes or incense. It works perfectly for me if you focus on counting your breaths, 1-2-3-4-repeat. Don't think about your spirit animal until you are familiar with trances.

(Also, don't worry about the weird words. Just follow the pictures and breathe with your tummy, not your ribs.)

When you can slip into a trance without much effort (at least a month or two, if you have no other mental training under your belt) you can focus on finding your spirit animal. The question you ask yourself at this stage, I do not know. That is something you'll have to ask on a furry or therian forum.

BabyWolf

While I don't necessarily believe in "spirit animals", some people do have certain animal types that they identify with. Mine is obvious, the wolf. I'm not a furry, but I identify with certain characteristics of the wolf. The rage when threatened, instinctive fighting, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Manveru View Post
    I'm interested in the spirituality of animals and finding one's own spirit animal. I really want to find mine and I was wondering if anyone knew of any hypnosis files or tips to meditate to find my spirit animal?
    This is likely something best approached within a shamanic context.

I was going to elaborate a bit about Zazen practice, but DLGrif beat me there. If you go down that road, just know that Kundalini (?) effects are normal and you will start experiencing odd shaking/tingling/etc. after getting proficient at practice.

I stand by my earlier statement, however: the shaman is there to guide, direct, and assist. I think a session while meditating would be the way to go.

I haven't done a lot of research on the subject. but as far as I know the notion of a spirit animal. Can be found through out native north and south American tribes mainly in north America. Obtaining the knowledge of one's spirit animal can be done through many different ways depending on the tribe. From what i have heard it is usually done through the consummation of hallucinogens. But the these ceremonies are deeply religious experiences and some tribes will not let people outside the tribe participate in these rituals.

however the idea of a spirit animal is not restricted solely to north America. so I am sure there are other processes for obtaining the knowledge of one's spirit animal. I am just not aware of them.

I think I know what you mean. I live by a fur who talks about his spirit animal. He gave me a few hypnosis cds he used to meditate and find his spirit animal with, and told me to meditate and find my spirit animal. I can upload the mp3s, and give it to you if you'd like. I think its 3 cds worth of it. I haven't listened to too much of it myself due to school and work, but he recommends it for finding your inner spirit.

~Christhefur

Quote Originally Posted by Christhefur View Post
    I think I know what you mean. I live by a fur who talks about his spirit animal. He gave me a few hypnosis cds he used to meditate and find his spirit animal with, and told me to meditate and find my spirit animal. I can upload the mp3s, and give it to you if you'd like. I think its 3 cds worth of it. I haven't listened to too much of it myself due to school and work, but he recommends it for finding your inner spirit.
    That'd be great! PM me please