Having A Tough Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjbus

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Back in August, I started to donate plasma at my local plasma center. I do so twice a week for the maximum amount of money I can get. The best way to qualify to give plasma is to drink lots of water to flush your system of extra fats, and replenish your body's fluids.

This has been leading to frequent trips to the bathroom, and sometimes close calls when I am driving a bus on a coach trip or a school bus route.

Should I see a doctor about this? I don't want to give up donating plasma, because I really need the extra money, and my wife likes the money also, (I get it tax free on a Visa gift card). She doesn't know about my having to make the quick trips to the bathroom, or that I like to wear diapers, (mostly goodnites and generic depends).

I am 38 years old. So, I'm not too old and not young to be having urinary issues. I have been having to get up a couple times a night to use the bathroom.

So does anyone have any suggestions for my situation?

I think it would be difficult/wrong for anyone here to give you any other advice than to speak to your doctor. Always best to be safe with these things!

-Drinking excessive water can be really bad for you. There's a threshold above which water toxicity sets in and can actually kill you.
- Even when drinking lots a fluid, a healthy badder doesn't leak. A normal healthy bladder can hold it for hours.
- Most likely your urgency is because you're purposely drinking way too much water, but if you feel like the urgency and "close calls" don't seem right even given the excessive water you're drinking, then it may be an over active bladder. I highly doubt it but if you are concerned only a doctor can diagnose it.

Really though I think your "symptoms" are just the result of your excessive and unnecessary water intake.

I'm 35 and have OAB. I wet the bed every night and wet my pants quite regularly. The urges are sudden and severe, sometimes almost painful and I can feel my bladder start to squeeze incontrollably. When it happens I have seconds to minutes to get to a toilet or I'm going to lose 4-10 ounces of urine in my pants. If you're wondering what actual OAB feels like, this is it. It's not like having to pee really badly becuase you just drank a gallon of water.

I used to donate plasma, you don't really have to drink too much extra water. For non-donation days you can just take in a normal water intake. On donation days after donating just make sure to have an extra two or three glasses afterwards to replenish the liquid lost from the donation. You don't have to keep up the extra intake all days of the week.

Excess fat moves out of the blood system fairly quickly, just make sure you don't eat a hamburger in the couple hours before donating plasma and you should be fine. Fat really only stays in the blood for a day at most before being deposited or excreted.

Heck, when I was donating plasma I was also taking Spironolactone which has a pretty strong dehydrating effect and even with that on top of the plasma donation I didn't have to alter my water intake all that much. If you aren't taking any medicine with a dehydrating side effect then you should be fine to just do an extra two or three glasses of water after donation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back