Skirt assistance please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonHoward2016

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have NEVER wore girls clothes before, except the occassional diaper of course, and I was hoping that I could get an elastic pink skirt that I can put over my night diaper eventually. Due to the fact that I am not experienced in this matter, where can I get one (Preferbly without getting laughed at or shot) and is there a different sizing to skirts then there is on pants? (IE 24" 46" etc.) I want one thats above the knees, as I am trying to build on a character design that I made. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance, the cuter the better. But I dont want frills. I want something that would be good as if i was a girl roller skater and under 50$ for sure if you can please, but preferbly lower. :sweatdrop:

you might try a thrift store

polgadot said:
you might try a thrift store

Hmmm....I was trying to avoid public eye, but I could say its for my girlfriend, (Which of course is a lie, as I do not have one) but how to figure out if the size is correct?

Ruth said:
The only real way to know is to try it on. Women's sizes are notoriously inconsistent. If you want to be a bit inconspicous, put some male clothes in your shopping cart when you're just walking around the store. That way it won't look like you're just buying for one person. Now the good news about a lot of thrift stores is that their changing rooms are unisex, so you probably won't have to enter a male area with your skirt. Target also tends to have gender neutral fitting rooms these days.

Thank you! :D I will take this into consideration, I appreciate the response

For what you are looking for I would suggest a skaters skirt.
Simple and plain design in dark neutral and pastel colors.
Look for one in your size with an elastic waist so as not fuss with
zippers and fix sizing. Fix sizing is an exact size plus or minus an inch.
With an elastic waist your fitting can vary from 2-3-4 inches in sizing.
For modesty you should get the length to be around 16 to 19 inches or more.
Less and your diapered bottom will be evident no matter which way
you move about especially bending over climbing stairs escalators !
For your size get a tape measure and measure your waist about 2-3
inches below the navel OK belly button !
For misses general sizing take your measurement and subtract 20
to get the misses sizing i.e. your waist = 34 - 20 =s a misses 14.
Misses sizing is variable by manufacturer so you may be a 12 or a 16
but this gives you an area to begin your quest.
If you fit in Juniors (young misses) the sizing will be in ODD numbers.
Misses is in EVEN numbers. PLUS sizes are even and starting at 16.
Well advanced bodies will have a "W" (Woman) on the label but not always.
Now that factoring is for numeric sizing - so with Labeled Sizing
you have in this order XS - extra small S - small M - medium L - large
XL - extra large.
If you take your tape measurement and look for the size chart
in the merchants website to see what the sizing range is - it will cut
down on the guessing or as previously noted go to a store and check
out what fits using your measurements.
HINT - buy the skirt as a gift and if it does not fit simply return.
Don't be afraid to ask for help - Yes the first time is awkward.
Thrift stores do not have much in the line of floor personal so grab
whatever looks seems to fit and take the items to the fitting room.
You can return them to the rack on the floor but frequently better
stores have a return rack right outside the fitting room.
Each time you do this make a note of the sizes of the items and
how they fit so the next event will be even easier. You will get
the hang of it and after a while the force will be with you in making
an eye-ball size right-on or acceptable for taking to the fitting room.
Charlotte Russe is my source for skater skirts. For PIX do a Search
on Ebay under Charlotte Russe skater skirts. What your search reveals
look up the other designs shown. These skirts are relatively inexpensive.
If you have one of these mall stores near you - you will find them on
sale or closeout nearly all the time for $10 - $15
As noted by Ruth about fitting rooms some stores have unisex fitting
rooms and others labeled by sex - doesn't matter just use the appropriate
one or if there is an attendant go to the one directed to. Wal*Mart has
central fitting rooms. What doesn't fit the attendant will take it back for
you. For stores with separate fitting rooms avoid trouble and take your
items to the appropriate one even if it is across the store.
Embarrassed - merely say you are shopping for a gift and just seeing if
you have the size right !
Concerned? Shy? take a male item of clothing to cover your otherwise selection.
More questions ask - we are here to help !

Reactions: BrandonHoward2016
Not a cross dresser, much, but I buy clothes for my three lovely love dolls now and then. Thrift stores are good as well as tag sales and knowing the right size helps A LOT but it is still a nervous, embarrassing as well as thrilling experience. I find ebay awesome for such purchases once you've figured out the right sizes.

Ruth said:
If you want to be a bit inconspicous, put some male clothes in your shopping cart when you're just walking around the store.

This is what I have done at both Target and Kohl's.

I have taken some male clothing and female clothing into the dressing rooms and then tried on the female and male clothing. (I go clothes shopping rarely enough that I usually need to verify my male clothing as well.)

I then take the clothes to the check-out. I'm a bit nervous at the check-out but it gets easier each time and the clerks (as has been reported here many times) have never batted an eye.

This skirt you suggested really caught my fancy, and lucky me, some of the images show it with a white t-shirt, which further shows the exact look that I was going to go for, and see what looks good and what doesnt. This brand looks like the EXACT thing I was looking for.

I also apprecaite how you actually talked about modesty as well. A lot of people here actually do not talk about that, and your measurement discussion was INCREDIBLY helpful. I think I will go with this adorable charlotte russe skater skirt.....they look really REALLY soft too. A major plus, but hopefully wont move around to much. I need to practice my skating angles to make sure that I can cover up okay, as I am extreamly nervous, but super excited. Thank you for such a complete post with evreything I could ever want to know about these skirts, and this wonderful brand.
m_5589c41c986c426e61005553.jpg

I'm looking for a skirt just like that, but with some form of pocket to put an ID and a couple credit cards/cash, nothing big (preferably internal and zips). Anybody have any ideas?

MolicareMan said:
I'm looking for a skirt just like that, but with some form of pocket to put an ID and a couple credit cards/cash, nothing big (preferably internal and zips). Anybody have any ideas?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Join the club!! Welcome to the sometimes Not so wonderful world of girls clothes.

It is hard enough to find pants/jeans with pockets, or pockets you can fit more then a chap-stick in.
Skirts, and especially dresses with pockets (aside from jean/denim skirts) are incredibly hard to find.
Specially flowy skirts like that one and if they do have a pocket its usually big, wide, shallow or all three, basically not a pocket you want to put anything of value in, lol.

What did you think the reason why girls stuff things like that in our bras was? :laugh:

Omg that is so cute im so jealous now i love it sweetie

Easiest way? Buy a simple ring that looks like a man's wedding band, look for what you want, ask a store associate for help in looking for what you want and say it's for your wife, you get store helpers finding what you want for you, give your own measurements to them and boast how much your wife would like what they show you as you pick out what you want to wear. Thank them for helping you pick out something great for your new wife...make sure your ring is visible to them. Go home and enjoy your purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back