Parents found my diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustysniper29

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Not sure if I'm posting in the right topic,
But I had my parents visit my dorm when my roommate was out and they found one of my diapers. They now think I'm crazy and I'm "wetting the bed like I was 5"

I'm probably gonna come out to them and tell them I'm a DL but I need help.

Any good suggestions from people that have told there parents about it? And how did they react?

*edit*

is it a good idea to come out to them about it or just let them keep the assumption that they have?

Last edited:
If you're over 18, I'd suggest keeping your private life private. Having my parents find out was NOT something I'd do again. They started talking down to me about it being an addiction. I eventually had to set a firm boundary that we would never, ever, talk about diapers again. So far (5 years later) they have respected that boundary.

My two cents here :
If you are truly Incontinent in any shape form or fashion then Tell them its medical issues and I would lament them for invading your privacy they had no reason to touch your stuff period as they would if you went into their bedroom and found some scandalous stuff like condoms or S & M items.
However if you are AB/DL then do not tell then a damn thing! I would still lament them for going through your stuff. It was un called for and they need to know their boundaries in your dorm room. Sad they found them. If you need us we are here .

I don't have bedwetting problems during the night and I'm not incontinent during the day,
honestly I just need a good excuse to use if they ask about it again, I don't want my parents to think I'm on drugs or something or them thinking I'm mental...

I think whether or not you tell your parents is entirely dependent on whether you think your parents will take it well or not. However, it can be really hard to know how they will take such a thing even if you feel you know them well enough.

Personally, I would have to agree with what Maxx has said on this one. If you don't plan on telling them, this would be a good route to go in my opinion.

Depending on your age and whether or not it is legal for you to drink....you might use that as an excuse. I know some guys from my past who have kept diapers of sorts at home to keep them from wetting the bed occasionally when they drink too much...nothing to do with being ab or dl...more of a utilitarian purpose.

Now if they are printed...just tell them it is for a Halloween costume.

I actually almost got discovered in college once too. I got into a real bad car accident and had a pack in the trunk. I just told the rents that it was from a prank some of my friends were going to pull and that they hid them in my car because no one would think it was me.

Dustysniper29 said:
I don't have bedwetting problems during the night and I'm not incontinent during the day,
honestly I just need a good excuse to use if they ask about it again, I don't want my parents to think I'm on drugs or something or them thinking I'm mental...
If you're in college then use the excuse that added stress from your courses cause the temporary bout of bedwetting if they're not involved in your private life at all you could simply say that you talked to the campus Medical advisor or a local walk-in clinic who told you when stress goes down it will go away and just leave it at that and then hide it better

tobdy1986 said:
Depending on your age and whether or not it is legal for you to drink....you might use that as an excuse. I know some guys from my past who have kept diapers of sorts at home to keep them from wetting the bed occasionally when they drink too much...nothing to do with being ab or dl...more of a utilitarian purpose.

I actually almost got discovered in college once too. I got into a real bad car accident and had a pack in the trunk. I just told the rents that it was from a prank some of my friends were going to pull and that they hid them in my car because no one would think it was me.
Oh how I love Cabo Wabo tequila but it sure as hell don't like me I have to do that when I start drinking anything heavier than rum.

My mom found my stash once, and it was pretty difficult to explain. Luckily I just stared at the ground between my feet long enough and she left. Maybe she was worried about me being mentally ill, I'm not sure? It didn't come up again.

Once I used a diaper and tossed it in a plastic back at the bottom the back stairwell that went directly outside (I was living in the basement) so I could throw it in the trash later, but she found it first. She confronted me and asked me if I knew anything about it, and of course I said no. She then proceeded to tell me we really need to lock the door to the stairwell because crazy people are throwing adult diapers down it. To this day, I don't know if she was on to me and kidding, or serious.

Eventually I did tell her that I felt a compulsion to wear diapers and she basically just told me I need to figure out how to not do that because it isn't normal and having something like that become public somehow is the type of thing that can seriously hurt your professional career..... in other words, not very encouraging (and certainly hasn't helped my psyche since)..

I would guess your parents might be confused and not sure how to bring it up, and that might be ok. If they do bring it up, a simple "I dunno" might suffice. Just leave it there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tobdy1986 said:

They were some Molicares, and I'm 20 so I can't use the excuse for drinking... if they ask the stress problem seems legitimate, thanks for the idea :)

Dustysniper29 said:
They were some Molicares, and I'm 20 so I can't use the excuse for drinking... if they ask the stress problem seems legitimate, thanks for the idea :)
It's a good excuse backed up by legitimate medical findings and it's completely unable to be shut down with out major testing.

Dustysniper29 said:
They were some Molicares, and I'm 20 so I can't use the excuse for drinking...

That didn't stop me when I was in college. Frats didn't card. :) But I can understand why you wouldn't want to go there.

I would be terrified if that ever happened to me. I think my parents might have a slight idea (I hope to God they don't). But I don't have much experience with that so I would say in my situation I would just try to set a boundary to never bring it up with my parents.

w0lfpack91 said:
If you're in college then use the excuse that added stress from your courses cause the temporary bout of bedwetting if they're not involved in your private life at all you could simply say that you talked to the campus Medical advisor or a local walk-in clinic who told you when stress goes down it will go away and just leave it at that and then
that's best way handle the issue is pressed. Exams + stress + weird sleep schedule caused a temporarily issue. You figured there was no harm in wearing some protection the next time the same conditions presented themselves to avoid additional cleanup during an already busy/stressful time, and it didn't seem like a big deal to do so since you didn't expect people to be digging through your personal stuff (hint hint).

Just say you had a bladder infection your taking antibiotics by DR's prescription.
Your managing the problem.

You could also say it's for hiding embarrassing wet dreams. Then you can reverse shame them into butting into your personal hygiene. For what it's worth, my parents found my stash in my bedroom when I was away in college, and they sent me to see a psychiatrist. You never know how parents are going to react. Personally, I'd give it some time to just blow over, but if they persist, I'd chalk it up to stress incontinence.

You could tell them that they were for a joke, a club event of some sort, a halloween prank, a halloween costume or even that you were going to be using them in a lab of some sort for an experiment. You could tell them that it was your room-mates, you could act just as surprised as they are and deny that you even know what they were doing there. You could say absolutely nothing and see if they do the same.

Personally, I would go with the lab experiment (depending on what classes you're taking) or that they are for an upcoming Halloween prank/costume that you and your buddies are going to pull off. You could even claim that they are for some sort of embarrassing initiation ritual for a Frat or club that you decided was too juvenile so you never did it and just never threw out the diapers. Or if you are in a club/frat, you could easily claim that you and your fellows are going to be using them for funny initiations.

dogboy said:
For what it's worth, my parents found my stash in my bedroom when I was away in college, and they sent me to see a psychiatrist.

Just out of curiosity, what did the psychiatrist have to say about it? This has been something that has been suggested to me in the past (that I should go to one) but I never have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back