Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parents found my diapers

Default Parents found my diapers

Not sure if I'm posting in the right topic,
    But I had my parents visit my dorm when my roommate was out and they found one of my diapers. They now think I'm crazy and I'm "wetting the bed like I was 5"

I'm probably gonna come out to them and tell them I'm a DL but I need help.

Any good suggestions from people that have told there parents about it? And how did they react?

*edit*

is it a good idea to come out to them about it or just let them keep the assumption that they have?
    Last edited by Dustysniper29; 18-Oct-2016 at 19:39.

If you're over 18, I'd suggest keeping your private life private. Having my parents find out was NOT something I'd do again. They started talking down to me about it being an addiction. I eventually had to set a firm boundary that we would never, ever, talk about diapers again. So far (5 years later) they have respected that boundary.

I would agree with bobby on this one, coming out to my mom was not an experience I would like to repeat... It was not a positive experience for me to go through, which lead to unpleasant shrink sessions... I would suggest just keeping this part of yourself from your parents and let them think you are wetting the bed, much less hassle...

Of all the weird things to happen... you get out and away from home, THEN they find your diapers.

I think the answer depends (pun intended) on whether your parents went to college themselves. If they did, then they're fully aware of the sort of personal experimentation and wing-spreading that goes on. Also the stress of being on your own for the first time. Diapers for fun or due to bedwetting kinda fits either category. I think you could reasonably and successfully go with either explanation.

Its embarrassing, and they're going to worry a bit, but not as much as if they'd found you stoned out of your mind, or sleeping in the hallway in a pool of your own vomit.

My two cents here :
    If you are truly Incontinent in any shape form or fashion then Tell them its medical issues and I would lament them for invading your privacy they had no reason to touch your stuff period as they would if you went into their bedroom and found some scandalous stuff like condoms or S & M items.
    However if you are AB/DL then do not tell then a damn thing! I would still lament them for going through your stuff. It was un called for and they need to know their boundaries in your dorm room. Sad they found them. If you need us we are here .

I don't have bedwetting problems during the night and I'm not incontinent during the day,
    honestly I just need a good excuse to use if they ask about it again, I don't want my parents to think I'm on drugs or something or them thinking I'm mental...

I think whether or not you tell your parents is entirely dependent on whether you think your parents will take it well or not. However, it can be really hard to know how they will take such a thing even if you feel you know them well enough.

Personally, I would have to agree with what Maxx has said on this one. If you don't plan on telling them, this would be a good route to go in my opinion.

Depending on your age and whether or not it is legal for you to drink....you might use that as an excuse. I know some guys from my past who have kept diapers of sorts at home to keep them from wetting the bed occasionally when they drink too much...nothing to do with being ab or dl...more of a utilitarian purpose.

Now if they are printed...just tell them it is for a Halloween costume.

I actually almost got discovered in college once too. I got into a real bad car accident and had a pack in the trunk. I just told the rents that it was from a prank some of my friends were going to pull and that they hid them in my car because no one would think it was me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysniper29 View Post
    I don't have bedwetting problems during the night and I'm not incontinent during the day,
    honestly I just need a good excuse to use if they ask about it again, I don't want my parents to think I'm on drugs or something or them thinking I'm mental...
    If you're in college then use the excuse that added stress from your courses cause the temporary bout of bedwetting if they're not involved in your private life at all you could simply say that you talked to the campus Medical advisor or a local walk-in clinic who told you when stress goes down it will go away and just leave it at that and then hide it better

Quote Originally Posted by tobdy1986 View Post
    Depending on your age and whether or not it is legal for you to drink....you might use that as an excuse. I know some guys from my past who have kept diapers of sorts at home to keep them from wetting the bed occasionally when they drink too much...nothing to do with being ab or dl...more of a utilitarian purpose.

Now if they are printed...just tell them it is for a Halloween costume.

I actually almost got discovered in college once too. I got into a real bad car accident and had a pack in the trunk. I just told the rents that it was from a prank some of my friends were going to pull and that they hid them in my car because no one would think it was me.
    Oh how I love Cabo Wabo tequila but it sure as hell don't like me I have to do that when I start drinking anything heavier than rum.