Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello friends, so this is a first for me. I've been a long time lurker on a lot of these websites - mainly because of confusion surrounding the issues I've been working though. Firstly the sense that I am abnormal and therefore unacceptable, and secondly the idea that I would grow out of this and that I would leave it behind me.

I work in the UK in the charity sector and meet lots of people (who all think they are normal) but they are all different - so have can they be all normal!
    A part of my prensence here is to do with my on going battle for the right to be not normal - and the idea that 'normality' is a complete nonsence that we all like to pretend excists to make us feel a little more comfortable about uncertainty.

So, I have nocturnal enuresis (I hope I spelt that right becuase I am also dyslexic - why do they make that such a hard world to spell). I havn't always been this way - I was toilet trained night and day at 4 - but then I started having seizures in my late teens. I got dianosed with epilepsy and given meds that have made me sleep incredibly deeply at night. So bed wetting started shortly after. I had used nappies but mainly used an absorbant under pad thing for a long time - but it was still a pain to clear stuff up. Recently I spoke with a really helpful adviser at age uk incontinence and they really recommended adult nappies. This has really helped me feel better about the whole thing rather than fighting against it - so here I am - back in nappies at night (as well as the odd long trip during the day etc...). I have mixed feelings about it - but mainly I like sleeping well and waking up dry (ish). I hate the level of stigma that exisits around nappies - and I make a point of calling them what they are.

I have a faith that I don't like to stuff down other peoples throats - becuase I belive that people have a right to think how they want to and not be brain washed by others - i like movies and spend time at the gym (but I'm not as buff as I'd like to be!)

I'd like to find some friends here that can make me feel less strange and more like my kind of normal.

Lovely to be a part of something new.

xx
    Last edited by nappiesatnight; 17-Oct-2016 at 22:36. Reason: more info I forgot to put in - and spelling!

Hello nappiesatnight and welcome to the group.

First you are just as normal as the rest of society.

Second you are amongst people who truly understand and are here to support you as you come to terms with your situation.

This is a nice introduction and I am sure you will find people in the same situation.

Again welcome to the group.

Egor

Default Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by nappiesatnight View Post
    Hello friends, so this is a first for me. I've been a long time lurker on a lot of these websites - mainly because of confusion surrounding the issues I've been working though. Firstly the sense that I am abnormal and therefore unacceptable, and secondly the idea that I would grow out of this and that I would leave it behind me.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of ADISC, nappiesatnight!

I hope that it does not cause you terrible consternation, to learn that you are quite normal! Not just here (although, you blend in quite nicely here) yet, that you are human and, short of doing actual despicable acts against others; you far and again exceed acceptable, as well...

I work in the UK in the charity sector and meet lots of people (who all think they are normal) but they are all different - so have can they be all normal!
    A part of my prensence here is to do with my on going battle for the right to be not normal - and the idea that 'normality' is a complete nonsence that we all like to pretend excists to make us feel a little more comfortable about uncertainty.

So, I have nocturnal enuresis (I hope I spelt that right becuase I am also dyslexic - why do they make that such a hard world to spell). I havn't always been this way - I was toilet trained night and day at 4 - but then I started having seizures in my late teens. I got dianosed with epilepsy and given meds that have made me sleep incredibly deeply at night. So bed wetting started shortly after. I had used nappies but mainly used an absorbant under pad thing for a long time - but it was still a pain to clear stuff up. Recently I spoke with a really helpful adviser at age uk incontinence and they really recommended adult nappies. This has really helped me feel better about the whole thing rather than fighting against it - so here I am - back in nappies at night (as well as the odd long trip during the day etc...). I have mixed feelings about it - but mainly I like sleeping well and waking up dry (ish). I hate the level of stigma that exisits around nappies - and I make a point of calling them what they are.

I have a faith that I don't like to stuff down other peoples throats - becuase I belive that people have a right to think how they want to and not be brain washed by others - i like movies and spend time at the gym (but I'm not as buff as I'd like to be!)

I'd like to find some friends here that can make me feel less strange and more like my kind of normal.

Lovely to be a part of something new.

xx
    In non-scientific terms, "Normal" is in the eye of the beholder... actually, it's rather contextual and subjective - still... appreciating your "faith" and your respect to others, that may differ from you - You gain additional respect.

We'll not likely "make you" anything, that you aren't to begin with; however; we have much in the way of support and shared experiences, that you might find pragmatic and practical... as well, you ought to find well-enough, that there is much for fun and fancy here too...

I too, have for many years (pretty much my whole life), involuntarily pee'd in my sleep (nocturnal enuresis) *you spelled it correctly *, ... You might find it astonishing to learn that some here would like to make that happen deliberately for themselves although, the panacea of choosing the how, when, where and, why of this temptation of practice, remains illusive and fraught with unwise practices... Still, as a DL also, I'm not without empathy and some understanding to that desire too...

I see that you are well underway to getting on about yourself here... I would think to tempt you to view the rules and guidelines and, our mission statement and as well, how ADISC tends to be considerably different compared to other online diaper communities (both for IC and 'sport'/other proclivities)...

Please do-not hesitate to ask us questions... we'll do our best to answer you in short order... and with at least some modicum of coherency

with my best regards,
    -Marka

Thanks Marka, although i have to admit there were a few words I didn't fully understand!

Hi nappiesatnight welcome to our community.

Thanks Marka, although i have to admit there were a few words I didn't fully understand!
    You are welcome, nappiesatnight!

And, it might be, that I used the words incorrectly

Anywhoo... if you are interested in getting quicker or more regular responses to your posts... try out the Name:  quote_40b.png
Views: 37
Size:  325 BytesReply With Quote feature... who ever you reply with quote to, will get a notification that you quoted them ^_^

regards,
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    You are welcome, nappiesatnight!

And, it might be, that I used the words incorrectly

Anywhoo... if you are interested in getting quicker or more regular responses to your posts... try out the Name:  quote_40b.png
Views: 37
Size:  325 BytesReply With Quote feature... who ever you reply with quote to, will get a notification that you quoted them ^_^

regards,
    -Marka
    Great! Thanks

Great! Thanks
    Perfecto! Now I'll leave you be -Marka