Can't stop leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aston

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've been waking up for the past few days from my diaper leaking. I feel that I've been going more and more though the night. One night I tried to make sure I was taped properly and everything was where they were supposed to be. 2nd night I stopped drinking liquids after 7 around dinner AND changed just before bed at 10 opposed to 7:00 still leaking but not as bad. I use tranquility ATN as my day and night and stuffers at night and sometimes during the day if i feel if I need it. Any advise?? My wife is getting annoyed and I feel bad.

How about using a better diaper? If what you're using isn't enough, then it's pretty safe to say you need something better. Have you tried xp's a-plus, molicare supers, confidry24/7, or northshore supreme (just to name a few).

It could have something to do with your "stuffers". When using a "stuffer" with a diaper to increase capacity you can leave yourself susceptible to leaks due to the extra material defeating the standing leak guards. You are adding thicker material to the interior of the diaper which then reduces the overall effective height of the leak guards. If you then couple the reduced effective height of the leak guards with high volume intense voiding ("flooding"), urine can easily flow straight out of the diaper. Most "stuffers" are made with a fair amount of SAP and don't exactly have the quickest absorption rates.

Even without flooding, you can have big holes in your padding system that will allow for leaks. As your booster begins to absorb and swell, it is continuing to reduce your leak guards height more and more. You can even reach a point with the leak guards have lost all contact with the skin, and possibly even the leg gathers as well.

Using these capacity boosters can give you overall gains in absorbency but can also sacrifice security and absorption rate. The best ways to increase capacity are ones that don't interfere with the leak guards. For example: It was very easy to separate the inner sheet from the outer plastic shell on the plastic backed Depend diapers. Pulling it apart in the back with your fingers would expose the absorbent material from the waistband. You could then insert your desired booster (I used Tru-Fit pads, Depend Boosters, and Abena). This would dramatically increase the capacity of the diaper while not changing the interior dimensions in the slightest. The pad was underneath the top layer.

I have also had good success when starting with a diaper that has very tall leak guards. Molicare Superplus used to have some exceptionally tall leak guards coupled with a very wide crotch.

Don't get me wrong with this statement:
IF - All the kings horses and all the kings men can't stop the flow by the means that you have tried to control and contain it ---
THEN perhaps a visit to a medical professional may be the answer as to why you have a continual flow and may need the help
of a catheter to definitely stem the constant overflowing.

May you find help and peace !

Hi Aston, I feel your pain buddy, not frustrating enough to have leaks but to have your partner notice is mortifying.

Definitely worth trying ABUs super absorbent range of Space/Simples/Pawz without a booster pad, for me they were basically leak proof overnight.

This might sound weird but I've found that using a male chastity device will literally double my diaper capacity. The main problem is that I don't stay pointed the right way normally and then I leak without it. It doesn't have to be so tight as to be uncomfortable but it does need to be tight enough for it to not slip off.

Llayden said:
It could have something to do with your "stuffers". When using a "stuffer" with a diaper to increase capacity you can leave yourself susceptible to leaks due to the extra material defeating the standing leak guards. You are adding thicker material to the interior of the diaper which then reduces the overall effective height of the leak guards. If you then couple the reduced effective height of the leak guards with high volume intense voiding ("flooding"), urine can easily flow straight out of the diaper. Most "stuffers" are made with a fair amount of SAP and don't exactly have the quickest absorption rates.

Even without flooding, you can have big holes in your padding system that will allow for leaks. As your booster begins to absorb and swell, it is continuing to reduce your leak guards height more and more. You can even reach a point with the leak guards have lost all contact with the skin, and possibly even the leg gathers as well.

Using these capacity boosters can give you overall gains in absorbency but can also sacrifice security and absorption rate. The best ways to increase capacity are ones that don't interfere with the leak guards. For example: It was very easy to separate the inner sheet from the outer plastic shell on the plastic backed Depend diapers. Pulling it apart in the back with your fingers would expose the absorbent material from the waistband. You could then insert your desired booster (I used Tru-Fit pads, Depend Boosters, and Abena). This would dramatically increase the capacity of the diaper while not changing the interior dimensions in the slightest. The pad was underneath the top layer.

I have also had good success when starting with a diaper that has very tall leak guards. Molicare Superplus used to have some exceptionally tall leak guards coupled with a very wide crotch.

I read this earlier today, left out the booster for tonight. I'll have to keep you posted to see what happens! I'm sure my wife will thank you! This makes total sense! Just weird I had 4 nights in a row with this issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Argent said:
Hi Aston, I feel your pain buddy, not frustrating enough to have leaks but to have your partner notice is mortifying.

Definitely worth trying ABUs super absorbent range of Space/Simples/Pawz without a booster pad, for me they were basically leak proof overnight.

Hmm, those do look fun. I'll have to order a box. Though, I have to wear nightly and this would make me poor! :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
How about using a better diaper? If what you're using isn't enough, then it's pretty safe to say you need something better. Have you tried xp's a-plus, molicare supers, confidry24/7, or northshore supreme (just to name a few).

Only other diaper I've tried were the northshore supreme as they were samples in my box. I found them extremely bulky and noisy. I guess for a few this would be ideal but I don't find them practical. The others I haven't really tried but I guess I should live out the box. Right?

Btw the ABU range mentioned have a super wide crotch.... I find them fabulous and reliable but you would need to love and live the bulk!

I know exactly what you mean Aston.

have you tried other more absorbent diapers there are quite a few out there on the market as in in the shops or on-line.

I have problems with nocturnal erine leakage and have to wear diapers because of the fact if I didn't I would be wetting my bedding and that would be embarrassing.

You can read my blogs if you want to know more about myself as I have simillar issues.

My advice is to go to the doctors and get yourself checked out for what might be the cause of your problems and maybe to do some research into more absorbent adult diapers.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

Another note - how much liquid intake are you doing before bedtime ?
And what is it ?
Caffeine related - real bad for business - nothing quite like priming the pump !

Unless you can't fall asleep in a bulky diaper, if the issue is only at night, a thicker diaper (Abena X-Plus, Confidry24/7, etc.) does seem like a simple solution. But depending on how much you're actually leaking, you could also try supplementing your ATN with plastic pants. I typically wear a cheap cotton brief (Hanes, Fruit of the Loom) over my disposable, and plastic pants over that. It's kind of like dressing for winter weather. You can have one really good coat or you can get the same effect by dressing in layers. Might be worth a try.

Direction you're pointing and adjusting the diaper to cover everything is important. It doesn't matter how thick the diaper is, if you're pointed upwards and the diaper ends at about the same point as your penis, you're going to leak out the top 100% guaranteed. You want to have the diaper rise high in the front and also try to keep pointed downwards.

That said, if your leaks are due to using your diapers properly and they're just hitting capacity, then a thicker diaper is definitely the answer. If you don't want to break bank on the ABU diapers (although they're really great, seriously), maybe try dry 24/7 which are a very thick but slightly cheaper plain white alternative.

Chinababy888 said:
I know exactly what you mean Aston.

have you tried other more absorbent diapers there are quite a few out there on the market as in in the shops or on-line.

I have problems with nocturnal erine leakage and have to wear diapers because of the fact if I didn't I would be wetting my bedding and that would be embarrassing.

You can read my blogs if you want to know more about myself as I have simillar issues.

My advice is to go to the doctors and get yourself checked out for what might be the cause of your problems and maybe to do some research into more absorbent adult diapers.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

I've been to the dr. I started becoming IC back in February / March due to severe anxiety. You can read my other threads to understand my background. I really only found 1 diaper and it workwas d for me until recent. So yeah I probably should do some more rrsearch.

- - - Updated - - -

babylock1 said:
Another note - how much liquid intake are you doing before bedtime ?
And what is it ?
Caffeine related - real bad for business - nothing quite like priming the pump !

Well, it's not caffeine because that was triggering my anxiety. I haven't drank anything passed 7. And it's only water

- - - Updated - - -

Llayden said:

I tried not wearing the stuffer tonight and it worked! Dude, thanks for the advise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back