Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Can't stop leaking

  1. #1

    Default Can't stop leaking

    I've been waking up for the past few days from my diaper leaking. I feel that I've been going more and more though the night. One night I tried to make sure I was taped properly and everything was where they were supposed to be. 2nd night I stopped drinking liquids after 7 around dinner AND changed just before bed at 10 opposed to 7:00 still leaking but not as bad. I use tranquility ATN as my day and night and stuffers at night and sometimes during the day if i feel if I need it. Any advise?? My wife is getting annoyed and I feel bad.

  2. #2

    Default

    How about using a better diaper? If what you're using isn't enough, then it's pretty safe to say you need something better. Have you tried xp's a-plus, molicare supers, confidry24/7, or northshore supreme (just to name a few).

  3. #3

    Default

    It could have something to do with your "stuffers". When using a "stuffer" with a diaper to increase capacity you can leave yourself susceptible to leaks due to the extra material defeating the standing leak guards. You are adding thicker material to the interior of the diaper which then reduces the overall effective height of the leak guards. If you then couple the reduced effective height of the leak guards with high volume intense voiding ("flooding"), urine can easily flow straight out of the diaper. Most "stuffers" are made with a fair amount of SAP and don't exactly have the quickest absorption rates.

    Even without flooding, you can have big holes in your padding system that will allow for leaks. As your booster begins to absorb and swell, it is continuing to reduce your leak guards height more and more. You can even reach a point with the leak guards have lost all contact with the skin, and possibly even the leg gathers as well.

    Using these capacity boosters can give you overall gains in absorbency but can also sacrifice security and absorption rate. The best ways to increase capacity are ones that don't interfere with the leak guards. For example: It was very easy to separate the inner sheet from the outer plastic shell on the plastic backed Depend diapers. Pulling it apart in the back with your fingers would expose the absorbent material from the waistband. You could then insert your desired booster (I used Tru-Fit pads, Depend Boosters, and Abena). This would dramatically increase the capacity of the diaper while not changing the interior dimensions in the slightest. The pad was underneath the top layer.

    I have also had good success when starting with a diaper that has very tall leak guards. Molicare Superplus used to have some exceptionally tall leak guards coupled with a very wide crotch.

  4. #4

    Default

    Don't get me wrong with this statement:
    IF - All the kings horses and all the kings men can't stop the flow by the means that you have tried to control and contain it ---
    THEN perhaps a visit to a medical professional may be the answer as to why you have a continual flow and may need the help
    of a catheter to definitely stem the constant overflowing.

    May you find help and peace !

  5. #5

    Default

    Hi Aston, I feel your pain buddy, not frustrating enough to have leaks but to have your partner notice is mortifying.

    Definitely worth trying ABUs super absorbent range of Space/Simples/Pawz without a booster pad, for me they were basically leak proof overnight.

  6. #6

    Default

    This might sound weird but I've found that using a male chastity device will literally double my diaper capacity. The main problem is that I don't stay pointed the right way normally and then I leak without it. It doesn't have to be so tight as to be uncomfortable but it does need to be tight enough for it to not slip off.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Llayden View Post
    It could have something to do with your "stuffers". When using a "stuffer" with a diaper to increase capacity you can leave yourself susceptible to leaks due to the extra material defeating the standing leak guards. You are adding thicker material to the interior of the diaper which then reduces the overall effective height of the leak guards. If you then couple the reduced effective height of the leak guards with high volume intense voiding ("flooding"), urine can easily flow straight out of the diaper. Most "stuffers" are made with a fair amount of SAP and don't exactly have the quickest absorption rates.

    Even without flooding, you can have big holes in your padding system that will allow for leaks. As your booster begins to absorb and swell, it is continuing to reduce your leak guards height more and more. You can even reach a point with the leak guards have lost all contact with the skin, and possibly even the leg gathers as well.

    Using these capacity boosters can give you overall gains in absorbency but can also sacrifice security and absorption rate. The best ways to increase capacity are ones that don't interfere with the leak guards. For example: It was very easy to separate the inner sheet from the outer plastic shell on the plastic backed Depend diapers. Pulling it apart in the back with your fingers would expose the absorbent material from the waistband. You could then insert your desired booster (I used Tru-Fit pads, Depend Boosters, and Abena). This would dramatically increase the capacity of the diaper while not changing the interior dimensions in the slightest. The pad was underneath the top layer.

    I have also had good success when starting with a diaper that has very tall leak guards. Molicare Superplus used to have some exceptionally tall leak guards coupled with a very wide crotch.

    I read this earlier today, left out the booster for tonight. I'll have to keep you posted to see what happens! I'm sure my wife will thank you! This makes total sense! Just weird I had 4 nights in a row with this issue.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    Hi Aston, I feel your pain buddy, not frustrating enough to have leaks but to have your partner notice is mortifying.

    Definitely worth trying ABUs super absorbent range of Space/Simples/Pawz without a booster pad, for me they were basically leak proof overnight.
    Hmm, those do look fun. I'll have to order a box. Though, I have to wear nightly and this would make me poor!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    How about using a better diaper? If what you're using isn't enough, then it's pretty safe to say you need something better. Have you tried xp's a-plus, molicare supers, confidry24/7, or northshore supreme (just to name a few).
    Only other diaper I've tried were the northshore supreme as they were samples in my box. I found them extremely bulky and noisy. I guess for a few this would be ideal but I don't find them practical. The others I haven't really tried but I guess I should live out the box. Right?

  8. #8

    Default

    Btw the ABU range mentioned have a super wide crotch.... I find them fabulous and reliable but you would need to love and live the bulk!

  9. #9

    Default

    I know exactly what you mean Aston.

    have you tried other more absorbent diapers there are quite a few out there on the market as in in the shops or on-line.

    I have problems with nocturnal erine leakage and have to wear diapers because of the fact if I didn't I would be wetting my bedding and that would be embarrassing.

    You can read my blogs if you want to know more about myself as I have simillar issues.

    My advice is to go to the doctors and get yourself checked out for what might be the cause of your problems and maybe to do some research into more absorbent adult diapers.

    Yours sincerely

    Chinababy888

  10. #10

    Default

    Another note - how much liquid intake are you doing before bedtime ?
    And what is it ?
    Caffeine related - real bad for business - nothing quite like priming the pump !

Similar Threads

  1. Leaking can be fun.
    By yurguardianangel in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-Sep-2016, 14:54
  2. leaking
    By nappiedazza in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-Mar-2014, 00:07
  3. Leaking
    By Shifty in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-Aug-2012, 18:31
  4. Leaking when out
    By CuteToddler2 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-Mar-2012, 02:11
  5. how to stop a drynite leaking!?
    By boydiaperboy in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2010, 17:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.