Hunters

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdsu09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone else hunt? I go pheasant and deer hunting. Thought it was a good weekend to ask.

not really but I want to become a knife craftsmen some day for a hobby

sdsu09 said:
Anyone else hunt? I go pheasant and deer hunting. Thought it was a good weekend to ask.
I'm a deer hunter. I hunt whitetail in southern Missouri every November on farmland owned/leased by my uncle and his friends. Love it. Used to hunt ducks as well, but haven't done that in a while.

I do not hunt, but I use to trade game for home grown chicken. (yes my Chicken was that good)

I love hunting, grew up with it and respect the lives of the animal also I harvest. If you aren't going to eat it, don't shoot it.

I hunt deer and ducks mostly. Occasionally go dove hunting and if a turkey gets close enough while I'm bow hunting for deer I'd take it too.

Went on my first bow hunting outing of the year Saturday morning. Had a small 5-6 point walk under my stand and saw a turkey but it didn't quite get in range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crinklebuttt said:
If you aren't going to eat it, don't shoot it.

Yeah. Being typically British (formerly known as European), I've no interest in guns or hunting. But I tried vegetarianism for a decade and my body couldn't take it any more!

I hate the idea of causing unnecessary suffering, so I don't see the appeal of hunting for its own sake. It's pretty cruel to just kill animals for fun. But if you can hunt and eat animals that have lived their lives in the wild, being free to manifest their natural behaviours... and they were killed humanely, then... it's got to be the best compromise for both us and the animals.

I live in florida and often hunt wild boar. They are a serious nuisance to our agriculture and communities (not to mention dangerous). Plus, they taste way better than farm raised pork (especially when you have them processed into sausage). Of course you need a serious rifle for them (unless you just like firing a dozen shots from a 30-30 or 556).

Personally have an aversion to guns and spent a longtime as a vego but think it's great if people are hunting their own game for eating and whatever else they can do with utilisation of the remains.

tiny said:
I hate the idea of causing unnecessary suffering, so I don't see the appeal of hunting for its own sake. It's pretty cruel to just kill animals for fun. But if you can hunt and eat animals that have lived their lives in the wild, being free to manifest their natural behaviours... and they were killed humanely, then... it's got to be the best compromise for both us and the animals.

Yeah... I've never liked the idea of hunting. I feel guilty just going fishing even though if I happen to catch a fish it gets thrown back. AAO mentioned dove hunting and... just no, birds are my favorite animals, and I just couldn't bring myself to kill what I view to be about the most peaceful, innocent bird there is.

I hunt deer and turkey quite often. Myself, and my friends and family that hunt have always been very strict about about absolutely no "trophy" hunting.

Here if you shoot it, you're expected to eat it. And if it's something that can't be eaten (like a coyote or a opposum) you're to use the animal in whatever respectful way you can.

That being said, I primarily use hunting as an excuse to spend time out in the woods, and enjoy good food and fun times at our family's small remote hunting cabin.

We have an overpopulation of white-tailed deer where I live, to the point where starvation has become an issue in this region, particularly during years where food is scare due to weather. As such, I try and leave the big bucks and healthier looking does. Hunting around here (carefully regulated hunting that is) has played a big part in maintaining what is, as far as I know, one of the best whitetail deer herds in the country.

That's awesome. I also shoot to feed my family. If I want a big buck antlers, I'll keep the meat and do something with the head or antlers.

I have toyed with the idea of it, but I have never gotten around to it due to time constraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back