View Poll Results: Are you a football/soccer fan?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 34.38%
  • No

16 50.00%
  • Indifferent

5 15.63%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Football

Default Football

I'm a big football fan. When I say football, I mean soccer.

Anyone else a fan?

If so, which team do you support/follow?

I'm a supporter of Celtic Football Club based in Glasgow.

I'm a football fan. But when I say football, I mean (American) football .

I assume your talking about the communist sport and not the NFL.

the reason soccer is a communist sport is this....

"all that hard work and so little production"

Anyways no I don't like it, thing is pretty boring due to the lack of any real action. However closeted gay's tackling each other at every chance is pretty funny, that's why so many people like the NFL.

Peachy

Yes, I'm a fan. In fact, I'll go to the stadium to see my favorite football/soccer team play my brother's favorite team.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by fuctifano View Post

Anyone else a fan?

Absolutely, but I unfortunately follow teams in the EPL and German leagues (Bundeslige, Peachy?) that get television play over the world.

So my team choices make me look like a doofus without the realization that (1) I'm not following them for their records, and (2) I can only follow whom I can follow over in the least-football-friendly country in the world.

That said: Manchester United, Plymouth Argyle. I obviously get to watch the first much more often than the second.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    A(Bundeslige, Peachy?)
    Bundesliga, unless you follow all three of the leagues, then it's Bundesligen.

Quote Originally Posted by fuctifano View Post

Anyone else a fan?

Sorry, I really gave up on soccer after watching the end of a World Cup game where for the last 5 to 10 minutes NOTHING happened. One guy stood there with the ball doing nothing. Both teams had already qualified for the next round with a tie. The ref was standing there with a disgusted look on his face, and when extra time arrived he waited about 15 seconds before ending the game.

If soccer were played on a lacrosse field with an unguarded 3 (across) x 2 (tall) meter net in place of the lacrosse nets. That way when the shot misses the net, play doesn't stop and with the smaller net and no goalie maybe more goals would be scored. I might watch it.

I'm a fan of both Footballs.. I don't follow any teams though. Playing is much more fun

Butterfly Mage

What I thibk would make football more interesting would be if the players' criminal history was displayed along with their stats inbetween plays. I could care less about someone's pass-completion ratio. But if the stats included a summary of criminal convictions, pending criminal charges, and what level of parole supervision they have, I might start watching football. After all, it is one of the few highly-paid vocations where not only is a long criminal history not a disqualifier, it's sort of a bonus. Ha ha ha.

(Yeah, I'm not much of a football fan, har har).

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    What I thibk would make football more interesting would be if the players' criminal history was displayed along with their stats inbetween plays. I could care less about someone's pass-completion ratio. But if the stats included a summary of criminal convictions, pending criminal charges, and what level of parole supervision they have, I might start watching football. After all, it is one of the few highly-paid vocations where not only is a long criminal history not a disqualifier, it's sort of a bonus. Ha ha ha.

(Yeah, I'm not much of a football fan, har har).
    There isn't enough time during a game if the Dallas Cowboys are playing.