Have any of you been in diaper commercials/on diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodnitesco96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have no idea if this is classified for diaper talk but it is talking about diapers so I guess so. I know one of the girls who recently registered on here was in a Pull-Ups commercial from like the early 2000's, but have any of you like been in any diaper commercials or like been on like a bag of diapers? If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about like Pull-Ups or how Goodnites has a girl and a boy on their packaging. I'm honestly interested if anybody has, because that would be really cool but if other people knew you were, that would be kind of embarrassing at the same time.

All the models they used would be in their early 20s by now. But realistically it's not likely for any of the models on the packaging to be on here if you actually notice all the companies that have pictures of kids on their packaging have used the same pictures for a decade and packaging like pull ups have stopped using kids and have gone straight to the characters the reasoning for this is because of teenage suicide. kids are horrible to one another and especially if you happen to be the kid that was pictured on the larger package of goodnites or underjams Elementary School and Middle School would be Beyond a nightmare and I've seen this first-hand one of my friends in elementary school wanted to go into a modeling career well the first step is product placement and advertisements well they got a call from the agent they were working with who said Kimberly-Clark was looking for a boy around his age in the area for a new comercial so they took up on it and it happened to be a goodnites commercial I was the first one he told because I was like literally the only other person he knew that also still had issues with bedwetting and still wore those products after it aired a few of the bullies from school saw it and recognized him and the next few months they tortured him so bad at school that his parents pulled him out to homeschool him. And at 14 he commit suicide because of it. He never lived it down but that's one reason why they don't change their models any more and they film different commercials for different regions they will never air a commercial with a child in the same region that that child lives in anymore because it has literally led to suicide.

w0lfpack91 said:
All the models they used would be in their early 20s by now. But realistically it's not likely for any of the models on the packaging to be on here if you actually notice all the companies that have pictures of kids on their packaging have used the same pictures for a decade and packaging like pull ups have stopped using kids and have gone straight to the characters the reasoning for this is because of teenage suicide. kids are horrible to one another and especially if you happen to be the kid that was pictured on the larger package of goodnites or underjams Elementary School and Middle School would be Beyond a nightmare and I've seen this first-hand one of my friends in elementary school wanted to go into a modeling career well the first step is product placement and advertisements well they got a call from the agent they were working with who said Kimberly-Clark was looking for a boy around his age in the area for a new comercial so they took up on it and it happened to be a goodnites commercial I was the first one he told because I was like literally the only other person he knew that also still had issues with bedwetting and still wore those products after it aired a few of the bullies from school saw it and recognized him and the next few months they tortured him so bad at school that his parents pulled him out to homeschool him. And at 14 he commit suicide because of it. He never lived it down but that's one reason why they don't change their models any more and they film different commercials for different regions they will never air a commercial with a child in the same region that that child lives in anymore because it has literally led to suicide.

Oh my gosh... That is terrible and so sickening to happen to him. I've told a few of my really close friends about my used to be bedwetting and even fewer about me liking to wear diapers and they've all been really supportive and understanding but that is so cruel to do to a kid. I would have loved to be on like a diaper commercial like when I was really really young for like Pull-Ups or Huggies or Pampers or something like that, but if I had the choice I would have not done one for bedwetting. Maybe like just showing a kid pulling up the goodnites or something but not showing the face. I'm so sorry that happened to him, I wish he could be on this site so we could support him.

They don't pay Worth a damn for commercials either it's usually a flat fee no matter how much they use it. Your friends life was worth alot more then they could ever afford, doing work like that is pretty close to having surgery , you sign your life away in every clause they can think of under the sun to protect them from any blowback.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

They have changed policies on protecting children's identities but not much more as well as their commercials have waned to almost non existent on TV but with their reputation and our generation who used them as kids now has kids of our own they really don't need as much advertising as they did back then. But KC legal team said that as unfortunate as it was it was more a personal and school matter on the bullying and since it took place almost 7 years after the add aired there's no way to legally trace fault back to that one ad and KC.

w0lfpack91 said:
...as well as their commercials have waned to almost non existent on TV but with their reputation and our generation who used them as kids now has kids of our own they really don't need as much advertising as they did back then.

I doubt there has been more than 10 different GoodNites commercials (probably closer to 5) aired on TV over the last 20 years here in the United States. The tv ads for them have never been that prolific here in this country. You could easily go an entire year without ever seeing one. I think the last one that was on TV here was for their "Bedmats" which came out almost five years ago now.

You can trace causality back under any normal circumstance , but to fight them would take so long your grandkids would be going to court after your dead and gone, they don't care if someone sues that's why they have a phalanx of lawyers that get paid if they twiddle there thumbs or if they earn there keep.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I was never in commercials, but I did diaper testing for a major diaper manufacturer.

i got bullied alot in 5 and 6th grade and never once though about suicide. In this case the threat was removed with home schooling. I only wish my threat could have been removed. How do we know that the bullying from years back was the cause of his suicide?
just pondering.

That's sad! As a parent I couldn't imagine that loss!

ArchtopK said:
i got bullied alot in 5 and 6th grade and never once though about suicide. In this case the threat was removed with home schooling. I only wish my threat could have been removed. How do we know that the bullying from years back was the cause of his suicide?
just pondering.
Because homeschooling didn't stop the bullying they all knew where he lived and his mother never really had enough money to just up and move one of the biggest bullies lived right down the street from us any time he left the house taunts like "hey diaper boy" or "pullup kid" ect. Because of the constant bullying he never left the house and eventually sunk into a depression because of it. Not even remotely say that that's the only reason he killed himself but it was a big factor in it have you never done that commercial no one would have ever known, he have never had to be taken out of school and he would have never withdrew from a social life, and with all those factors out of play Chances are very slim he would have sunk into that depression. One event no matter how small can have lasting effects even years later

I was cast in a Luvs commercial in 1978. I was supposed to stop crying after being changed out of the leaky cloth diaper and into Luvs, but I was ill that day and couldn't. Worse still, when my real mom walked on between cuts to comfort me, I had an enormous diarrhea blowout that went *everywhere*. In the following cut, you can clearly see my stage-mom's eyes watering from the smell, even though I'd been replaced a few minutes prior by a ventriloquist dummy. Several days after the shoot, my mom was asked to provide a smiling picture of me so that they could edit it onto the footage of the dummy, but they were apparently on a tight schedule and decided to run the commercial before the picture arrived. If you watch closely, you'll see that my hair color suddenly changes from red to black, and I gain a monocle.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
I was cast in a Luvs commercial in 1978. I was supposed to stop crying after being changed out of the leaky cloth diaper and into Luvs, but I was ill that day and couldn't. Worse still, when my real mom walked on between cuts to comfort me, I had an enormous diarrhea blowout that went *everywhere*. In the following cut, you can clearly see my stage-mom's eyes watering from the smell, even though I'd been replaced several minutes prior by a ventriloquist dummy. Several days after the shoot, my mom was asked to provide a smiling picture of me so that they could edit it onto the footage of the dummy, but they were apparently on a tight schedule and decided to run the commercial before the picture arrived. If you watch closely, you'll see that my hair color suddenly changes from red to black, and I gain a monocle.

Do you have a link we can watch? That's awesome

That would be great[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArchtopK said:
just pondering.

Trust me yes bullying can cause thought of suicide. In high school I was bullied with out relent. Those 4 years thoughts of suicide were there a lot, those were the 4 WORST years of my life. It was so bad I was on prescription anti-acids for ulcers, and we had to get the police involved a few times when the death threats came in. So yes could some one be driven to suicide from bullying, the answer is YES. While I never did it, I could easily see how some one would take that path.

babybobby said:
Do you have a link we can watch? That's awesome

Oh gosh, that was a joke. I guess it wasn't quite ridiculous enough. D'oh!

goodnitesco96 said:
That would be great[emoji23][emoji23]
Cottontail said:
Oh gosh, that was a joke. I guess it wasn't quite ridiculous enough. D'oh!

"Ventriloquist's dummy" raised an eyebrow, and "monocle" got a laugh, but we all know how fake TV and films are, so the rest was just believable enough.

Back on topic, w0lfpack91, I'm so sorry about your friend. I got bullied a bit from third through sixth grades, but it was nothing remotely like the torment you're describing. Makes you wish you could go back in a time machine. I did once stand up for a kid in high school who was getting teased solely because of his name, but thinking back wish I could have done more.

No not that I am aware of although as far as I know but my shot shot at fame came in 1980 when I stared in a nativity play as the baby Jesus aged only 1-2 months old in the Cayman islands, not that I can remember it because I was too young at that time plus it was such a long time ago, however if thee such a thing as a adult diaper commercial or advert I would jump at the chance to be in one if only for the money.

I have however been in other means of media such as news papers or on radio interviews or tv news programs in the UK usually because of a local charity that I was involved with my 2nd shot at fame came when I was 7-8 years old when I started in a newspaper news story regarding helping to wash cars for a day when I was in the cub-scounts in Acomb in Northumberland in the UK.

Anyway I hope this has awnsered your questions.

Yours sincerely

Chinababy888

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back